• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alejo Véliz

There have been lots of young players who have not set the world alight out on loan and then come in and do well in a better standard team.

No choice and no harm if he is on the bench I suppose.

Parrott would seem more obvious to recall - he is definitely physically developed enough to be able to compete against adults, which Scarlett seems to struggle with.

Scarlett needs to play some football back in League 1 or abroad. Lankshear or Soonsup-Bell would probably be as useful benchwarmers for these 3 games whilst Son is away.

Parrott would seem more obvious to recall - he is definitely physically developed enough to be able to compete against adults, which Scarlett seems to struggle with.

Scarlett needs to play some football back in League 1 or abroad. Lankshear or Soonsup-Bell would probably be as useful benchwarmers for these 3 games whilst Son is away.

But he is having the best run of his career, would be silly to break up that development for bench experience.

Reactions: jrh
Scarlett is no where near ready. He struggled in League 1 last season.

He's got promise, but is perhaps 2-3 years away of being a first team option.
You're probably right, but he can't play for another team this season and given Veliz is out I expect him to be around the first team.

No point loaning him unless he's guaranteed game time, keep him here to learn the system and continue adjusting to the new surroundings etc

No point loaning him unless he's guaranteed game time, keep him here to learn the system and continue adjusting to the new surroundings etc

Game time matters, as soon as Son is back, with Werner here and Solomon back shortly, no cup games, when does he really play?

Game time matters, as soon as Son is back, with Werner here and Solomon back shortly, no cup games, when does he really play?
U21s? As a sub? Loan to a championsh side? Anywhere but sending him off to another country really.

Before the injury he was basically emerging as Richarlison's understudy. Don't think he has to worry about Werner and especially not the invisible Solomon

Scarlett cannot go back out o loan this season and Parrott cannot be recalled.

I would be happy to send Veliz out on leave for regular football.

U21s? As a sub? Loan to a championsh side? Anywhere but sending him off to another country really.

Before the injury he was basically emerging as Richarlison's understudy. Don't think he has to worry about Werner and especially not the invisible Solomon
Invisible Solomon? Assume you mean because of his injuries? Can’t be because of performances as he was doing well before he got injured.

I think at this point in his career getting acclimatised to England/London is probably key to Veliz's long term future with us. I definitely wouldn't loan him abroad. Somewhere like Fulham or Watford or Millwall would perhaps be good though.

I think at this point in his career getting acclimatised to England/London is probably key to Veliz's long term future with us. I definitely wouldn't loan him abroad. Somewhere like Fulham or Watford or Millwall would perhaps be good though.
I’d say game time is more important
The environment here isn’t dissimilar to parts of Argentina

In an ideal world, yes.
But also learning European football will be beneficial. And playing at a higher level than before

That said, I think he makes our bench with all fit. Him or Scarlett anyway. And as Scarlett can't be loaned out now, a Veliz' loan wouldn't be a bad idea.

First team football in the second best league in Europe is a good way to develop him. Fortunately he is not going to Spain like Bryan Gill because he cannot handle the physicality of this league, he is just going for game time. I think it is an excellent idea.

First team football in the second best league in Europe is a good way to develop him. Fortunately he is not going to Spain like Bryan Gill because he cannot handle the physicality of this league, he is just going for game time. I think it is an excellent idea.
He won't get game time for Sevilla though

Back