• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alejo Véliz

I think Ange has a much more long term view than any manger we have had. He also trusts the back up players regardless of quality gap.

He won't overly risk players, hence taking Romero off at head knock, pulling Son & Maddison early, not risking Johnson

I do agree with that, we like most teams could always improve in certain posistions but for now Ange is still looking and learning about some of our players. Lets be honest the guy has done great so far ( i doubt anyone of us would have thought it would go as well as it is at the moment). Of course there will be bad days but to see us at the moment ( improving so much) we should all be happy with the progress he has brought us.

What did tinkle me off during the game against Liverpool was a few fans moaning and bitching about how bad we were at times during the game and that nothing had changed :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. I really do despair at some of our fanbase at times.

I do agree with that, we like most teams could always improve in certain posistions but for now Ange is still looking and learning about some of our players. Lets be honest the guy has done great so far ( i doubt anyone of us would have thought it would go as well as it is at the moment). Of course there will be bad days but to see us at the moment ( improving so much) we should all be happy with the progress he has brought us.

What did tinkle me off during the game against Liverpool was a few fans moaning and bitching about how bad we were at times during the game and that nothing had changed :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. I really do despair at some of our fanbase at times.

At times? more patience than me

I really was considering giving up my season ticket last year, not because of the team (as brick as they were) but because I had better things to do with my life than listen to asshats moan for an entire game (and the same ones that would brick on Royal, would 2 months later brick on Porro and ask where was Royal and why he wasn't playing)

We do have our fair share of those, unfortunately. If you can't support this current team even when we're struggling, when will you? I don't get supporters that just moan endlessly, what's the fudging point? No one can win everything all the time, the point of being a supporter is to support the bloody team ffs.

We do have our fair share of those, unfortunately. If you can't support this current team even when we're struggling, when will you? I don't get supporters that just moan endlessly, what's the fudging point? No one can win everything all the time, the point of being a supporter is to support the bloody team ffs.
It’s not just moaners there used to be a lot of supporters who’s sot through the game almost on silence or just murmuring to their mates. If you go to the games make some nose and get behind the team ffs!

I just like that he's getting minutes right now. Not a lot of minutes but minutes nonetheless. It means Ange sees something in him, which just adds to the depth. Now whether he's going to make a difference who knows but Ange is going to give him the chance to try.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Was always obvious that Veliz was a signing for the now, way too many people on here were taking Anges comments when we signed him at face value when it was pretty obvious he was saying what he did just to not put pressure on the young guy.

Great to see him getting minutes here and there, hopefully that continues and builds up as the season goes on. We might well need him to play a more prominent role at points this season with injuries, and at first glance he looks to have good attributes for this league. Excited to see more of him....

Feel better after that little rant? Oh the irony! :D

But hey, I'm right with you.

Was always obvious that Veliz was a signing for the now, way too many people on here were taking Anges comments when we signed him at face value when it was pretty obvious he was saying what he did just to not put pressure on the young guy.

Great to see him getting minutes here and there, hopefully that continues and builds up as the season goes on. We might well need him to play a more prominent role at points this season with injuries, and at first glance he looks to have good attributes for this league. Excited to see more of him....

I'm also excited to see more of him. Did the obligatory run around a lot when he came on, but also showed composure when he got on the ball, good to see. Looks physically ready for the PL too.

How many minutes he gets this season probably depends more on injuries than anything else. But good to see him get some involvement.

LOVING this article about Veliz!

"I remember one game, a very tricky away match against Lanus, the year when we finished third in the league. We were winning 2-1 when one of their strikers broke through alone. He ran from halfway, leaving our defenders behind, and looked certain to score. But then Alejo whistled, pretending it was the referee stopping the game. The striker stopped and one of our centre-backs stole the ball."

From The Athletic, hopefully this link will open it in Edge's Immersive Reader -- thanks to @greatwhitenorf for the tip.
read://https_theathletic.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheathletic.com%2F4957173%2F2023%2F10%2F16%2Falejo-veliz-tottenham-argentina%2F

Back