• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alejo Véliz

more energetic and responsive forward line after he came on. well taken goal and would like to see him start instead of Richy for the next game

Scoring the easy ones but never looked fully a part of our attack. He may be in the best for for Spurs, but I think angeball is better for someone more dynamic
I kind of agree with this. I think Son does more for us through the middle than Richy, but he is also not a line leading forward and gets lost in some games. So having him wide works. Im not sure Im down with just dropping richarlison after he has hit a little form. But Veliz should start to get larger cameos when the forwards are failing. Then see if he can start.

I kind of agree with this. I think Son does more for us through the middle than Richy, but he is also not a line leading forward and gets lost in some games. So having him wide works. Im not sure Im down with just dropping richarlison after he has hit a little form. But Veliz should start to get larger cameos when the forwards are failing. Then see if he can start.
Son's form has dropped off the longer he's playing wider. Now I'm not gonna claim that his form would have stayed consistent but he's looking worse game after game out there. I truly don't think his game is suited to playing that wider role anymore. He's a striker now imo.

The game against Everton. Son tore them up. Since then he has going missing.

I don't trust Richy out left. We need options. Johnson starting to annoy me. Gets in good positions but almost scores a lot.

The game against Everton. Son tore them up. Since then he has going missing.

I don't trust Richy out left. We need options. Johnson starting to annoy me. Gets in good positions but almost scores a lot.
Son was toilet against everton
I think you mean Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Son's form has dropped off the longer he's playing wider. Now I'm not gonna claim that his form would have stayed consistent but he's looking worse game after game out there. I truly don't think his game is suited to playing that wider role anymore. He's a striker now imo.
And is he is a striker it’s not against low block teams which limits his effectiveness

Postecoglu has clearly instructed Son and Kulu not to cut in and shoot early(outside/edge of the penalty box) and I think it's a big mistake. we are now too predictable trying to cross to the near post from the byline and we need an option B. Also what a waste of talent!

And is he is a striker it’s not against low block teams which limits his effectiveness
I don't think the issue is more block sides, I think the lack of a Maddison of more problematic. They had great chemistry and combined well.

Long term there is an argument for another striker, whether that's one of our younger crop ie. Veliz, Scarlett or a newbie like Gimenez remains to be seen.

I don't think the issue is more block sides, I think the lack of a Maddison of more problematic. They had great chemistry and combined well.

Long term there is an argument for another striker, whether that's one of our younger crop ie. Veliz, Scarlett or a newbie like Gimenez remains to be seen.
Son for me is great with space
Take out his space and he doesn’t have the “tricks” to physicality to beat that
It’s why team double up on him and he is out of the game
Key is we should Exploit the extra man but that’s where Maddison would come in

Son for me is great with space
Take out his space and he doesn’t have the “tricks” to physicality to beat that
It’s why team double up on him and he is out of the game
Key is we should Exploit the extra man but that’s where Maddison would come in
Maddison is the difference maker for Son, even tighter defences open up and give him space when he plays. I do agree with you in principle I'm just not sure that we've seen the pair of them against a low block and truly struggle.

Maddison is the difference maker for Son, even tighter defences open up and give him space when he plays. I do agree with you in principle I'm just not sure that we've seen the pair of them against a low block and truly struggle.
They haven’t played a real low block yet together That I can think of other than Sheffield and we huffed and puffed in that game

Pool was a low block too after the red cards and again we struggled

Back