• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alejo Veliz

Remember all the people saying Paulinho would be a perfect fit for the PL?

It’s all a guessing game really isn’t it.

He's a decent pundit, and his argument around being unsure about him (he then goes on to acknowledge he's a talent) was because other Argentinian strikers signed by West Ham and Southampton didn't work out.

Well I'll need a bit more than that if you're looking for reasons to suggest he can't be a good signing....

Am sure he will be good but surely the money we've spent on him would have been better spent on CB's or adding to what we've already bid to get some in

Very interesting comments but the player is just a kid at 19 and most likely won’t be involved in the first team setup yet.

I guess if Kane went he could be backup to Richarlison but considering Richy’s injury track record that is a little risky. I’d prefer he has a year with the u21s and then goes on loan to a top championship side for example.

But buying direct from south america is absolutely what we should be doing ala Brighton, so if this guy fits the methodology the likes of Brighton used to get their players from that region then that in itself is exciting irrespective of whether this player develops.

Very interesting comments but the player is just a kid at 19 and most likely won’t be involved in the first team setup yet.

I guess if Kane went he could be backup to Richarlison but considering Richy’s injury track record that is a little risky. I’d prefer he has a year with the u21s and then goes on loan to a top championship side for example.

But buying direct from south america is absolutely what we should be doing ala Brighton, so if this guy fits the methodology the likes of Brighton used to get their players from that region then that in itself is exciting irrespective of whether this player develops.
Some nice succession planning for Kane here probably. If Kane stays he will have a season just getting used to English surroundings and perhaps minutes here and there. If Kane leaves then Richi as the main CF with this guy coming on as sub assuming he's deemed ready. Either way I like these sort of signings and like you say should do more of. Of course they won't all work, but that's half the fun:D....

Some nice succession planning for Kane here probably. If Kane stays he will have a season just getting used to English surroundings and perhaps minutes here and there. If Kane leaves then Richi as the main CF with this guy coming on as sub assuming he's deemed ready. Either way I like these sort of signings and like you say should do more of. Of course they won't all work, but that's half the fun:D....

Yep should do more and I would hope this guy is someone we are sure about as he is €15m whereas to do more of these signings we ideally need them to be a bit less than that, like how Caicedo was like £4.5m iirc.

He's a decent pundit, and his argument around being unsure about him (he then goes on to acknowledge he's a talent) was because other Argentinian strikers signed by West Ham and Southampton didn't work out.

Well I'll need a bit more than that if you're looking for reasons to suggest he can't be a good signing....
Yea I thought that. He could turn out to be 100% right but that’s an embarrassingly poor argument for a supposedly well respected pundit to use.

15 mill for a young striker - I don't see how we could've done a better deal. We shouldn't be buying these expensive players that we always expect too much from. A signing like this literally can't fail, so not sure why Vickery is all up his own arse, but that's his job I guess.

Possibly another €5m in add ons and a 10% sell on. Still looks a good deal for a highly rated youngster

I was thinking it is a cool name, Veliz

Feliz means happy, so I translated Veliz and it means suitcase. Umm. Related to valise in England I guess.

So I translated Alejo and it means move away.

So his name means Move Away Suitcase?

Feliz means happy, so I translated Veliz and it means suitcase. Umm. Related to valise in England I guess.

He's packing his bags as we speak

South American's are always best with random nicknames like that. The Suitcase could join our long heritage of The Sock and The Chain.

Remember all the people saying Paulinho would be a perfect fit for the PL?

It’s all a guessing game really isn’t it.

Yep but I'm glad we're getting a few more youngsters in, we used to do this a lot in the past.

Hopefully we get Orban in as well who sounds like he's ready for the 1st team already.

Yep but I'm glad we're getting a few more youngsters in, we used to do this a lot in the past.

Hopefully we get Orban in as well who sounds like he's ready for the 1st team already.

Orban said not so long ago he wouldn't sign arsenal because they are a waste club that just sells players and not to win things and he would rather go Liverpool, United or City.... spurs hahahahah yeah ok

I like this signing but I would loan him back till January while giving him English lessons then in January tell the defenders to target him in training and see how he responds.

Possibly loan him to QPR end of January. Still be in London for steak Dinners with Ossie and Romero.

Back