• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alejo Veliz

Possibly another €5m in add ons and a 10% sell on. Still looks a good deal for a highly rated youngster

Basically nothing in this day and age. It's exactly these kinds of deals I've been wanting us to make for a long time. Now we thankfully have a coach to support this strategy. We'll do so well if we just keep following this trail now. This is the way forward. Buy young hungry potential stars instead of splashing cash for names that never ever live up to the hype. :)

Looks a proper baller! Some of these goals! Wow. In the Argentinian league, which is much tougher than people probably expect - you need to have bite and tenacity to make it over there. I think this guy will be good for us.

Basically nothing in this day and age. It's exactly these kinds of deals I've been wanting us to make for a long time. Now we thankfully have a coach to support this strategy. We'll do so well if we just keep following this trail now. This is the way forward. Buy young hungry potential stars instead of splashing cash for names that never ever live up to the hype. :)

Looks a proper baller! Some of these goals! Wow. In the Argentinian league, which is much tougher than people probably expect - you need to have bite and tenacity to make it over there. I think this guy will be good for us.

I'm getting a hybrid batistuta/Eric vibes ... easy lazy comparison

Stick Scarlett in the Argentinian league and see how he gets on, you will see that this guy is far more progressed.

Also let's be honest as great as pochettino was with us, his biggest downfall was recruitment

I agree, his three biggest/highest signings were Tanguy ( 62 mill), Sanchez (42 mill)), Sissoko (35 mill). None of them were good signings.

Okay, so for a lot of those goals he was given far more space by the defence than he'd ever get in the PL, but he still had to react first and finish them off. A few were very good finishes though - calm and confident. Promising player, good price, I'm hopeful.

I agree, his three biggest/highest signings were Tanguy ( 62 mill), Sanchez (42 mill)), Sissoko (35 mill). None of them were good signings.
He didn't want Sissoko, but the other two are fair.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Okay, so for a lot of those goals he was given far more space by the defence than he'd ever get in the PL, but he still had to react first and finish them off. A few were very good finishes though - calm and confident. Promising player, good price, I'm hopeful.

I believe you get more space if your team play at a fast pace, our recent play was quick on the break but painfully slow when we had possession, we need to move the ball quicker and that relies on players moving off the ball rather than waiting for balls to be played to their feet. In our preseason we looked to be playing at a higher tempo, lot more one touch, the standard of our opposition isn't really important it's getting the players to break the habit of the past.

That video tells me otherwise.

Spend his time spinning of the back of defenders who are neither watching nor manhandling him. He might still be quite good, but we'll never learn anything watching him play against that level of defender.

That video tells me otherwise.

Spend his time spinning of the back of defenders who are neither watching nor manhandling him. He might still be quite good, but we'll never learn anything watching him play against that level of defender.

True.

Vincent Janssen looked incredible in his youtube compilations before we signed him.

True.

Vincent Janssen looked incredible in his youtube compilations before we signed him.
He looked fine when playing for us but wasn’t giving game time
His minutes were really limited and for a new guy, in a new league IMO he should have been managed better
He played well in his frost game at Everton and a wonder scar stopped him scoring (same for Soldado IIRC)
I was at Swansea away when Poch though brought on Jansen and he changed the game by just running lines
I think we have mismanaged so many signings over the years it’s scary
Some of it is expectation management but also it’s naive management IMO

Back