• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alejo Veliz

Still can't believe how negative this thread is for someone so young and clearly not coming in to be a starter. Nothings ever good enough for our fans is it?

And thats the crux of it really, even if Kane was to stay and he came as back up his lack of game time would work against him but you would still have people call him crap on about 300 mins of football a season. We have form for that

He looked fine when playing for us but wasn’t giving game time
His minutes were really limited and for a new guy, in a new league IMO he should have been managed better
He played well in his frost game at Everton and a wonder scar stopped him scoring (same for Soldado IIRC)
I was at Swansea away when Poch though brought on Jansen and he changed the game by just running lines
I think we have mismanaged so many signings over the years it’s scary
Some of it is expectation management but also it’s naive management IMO

I thought he was treated poorly TBH, I know writing this someone will likely reply lately with a flat out "he was sh1t" but I thought he had the basis of a decent player. But like you say, lack of time, miss management and victim of changes and lack of direction. Soldado was the top scorer in Spain for something like 3 seasons if you took Messi and Ronaldo out the fold, came in and we played some ridiculous long ball crap to him.

I thought he was treated poorly TBH, I know writing this someone will likely reply lately with a flat out "he was sh1t" but I thought he had the basis of a decent player. But like you say, lack of time, miss management and victim of changes and lack of direction. Soldado was the top scorer in Spain for something like 3 seasons if you took Messi and Ronaldo out the fold, came in and we played some ridiculous long ball crap to him.
We murder players because we don’t change
That’s on the management IMO
Kane never got rotated because he was so good and reliable
Relying on one player may, may have cost us trophies

We murder players because we don’t change
That’s on the management IMO
Kane never got rotated because he was so good and reliable
Relying on one player may, may have cost us trophies

I agree

For two years the crying was "we have no back up for Kane" the issue there was any one as back up would get 10 mins here and there is lucky and if he was injured, but because of lack of minutes they would have been undercooked. Sometimes our fans want it all ways and usually there way.

I agree

For two years the crying was "we have no back up for Kane" the issue there was any one as back up would get 10 mins here and there is lucky and if he was injured, but because of lack of minutes they would have been undercooked. Sometimes our fans want it all ways and usually there way.

Players like Soldado, Jannsen are/were good player but sadly a lot of fans expected them to come in and give the same results as Kane. On one hand fans could see Kane was special and any team would have missed him when he was not playing but they then slagged off Jannsen, Soldado because they did not perform up to his standards. Unfair on the players who stood in for him to be judged on Kanes abilitys.

Players like Soldado, Jannsen are/were good player but sadly a lot of fans expected them to come in and give the same results as Kane. On one hand fans could see Kane was special and any team would have missed him when he was not playing but they then slagged off Jannsen, Soldado because they did not perform up to his standards. Unfair on the players who stood in for him to be judged on Kanes abilitys.

And the time it was an issue Kane was injured and people were screaming small club syndrome whilst hounding out any player willing to sit on the bench for 8 months. If anything is sexy....thats it

I think it’s on the manager
But also fan and club expectations
We spend the money so expect something
Then don’t allow them time and games…
Then wonder why some fail
It’s football

I think it’s on the manager
But also fan and club expectations
We spend the money so expect something
Then don’t allow them time and games…
Then wonder why some fail
It’s football

Also the fans that look over the fence to Brighton saying "they scout better" are missing something, a major point, they have lower expectations and they have patience and time to develop players. I like Ferguson but he has played 30 games for Brighton, you think our fans would say the same about him with 6 goals and fleeting appearances here if it meant a game in which we might not get 3 points closer to Europe? Na not having it. Other clubs develop talent we would pan before they got the chance to even make the mistakes to learn....

They both looked good before we bought them and I think we must have broke them somehow as neither went on to greatness leaving us.

Jannsen went to Turkey then Mexico and has recently returned to Europe in Belgium where he is doing well.

Soldado never scored at the rate he did before joining us anywhere again and retired 2 days ago.

When he started with us, he made excellent runs into the box that nobody ever found, and I got the feeling he gave up after awhile when he realised it was pointless. Probably thought he was wrong and had to change his game to suit us - should have been the other way around.

Sorry for being the pedantic one but Soldadao was never the top scorer outside of Messi and C Ronaldo. Others like Negredo, Falcao, Benzema and Higuain all finished with more goals than him across various seasons.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Last edited:
Sorry for being the pedantic one but Soldadao was never the top scorer outside of Messi and C Ronaldo. Others like Negredo, Falcao, Benzema and Higuain all finished with more goals than him across various seasons.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Its fine you can be pedantic but as you say, over various seasons

I read it as over his previous seasons when he joined so could be wrong, but for the sake of you being right, I will accept being wrong. But if you add his last three seasons, as was my point and he is, say 5 goals shy of say Benzema over the course of those season combined, he was still not a bad player ey.

Edit, just to be ultra pedantic to the original point, I checked, and over his last three seasons he had 59 La Liga Goals, Negrado 59, Benzema 47, Higuian 48, Falcao 52

At the end of the day, the point remains, we put our money where our mouths were with a player outside the best to ever do it and played long ball crap

Last edited:
As you do in the Premier League. :p we'll see. Young guy. Hard to expect much, but that's a good thing.

Better than getting over hype media and twitter fans with itks telling us exactly what the player is not ...

Sit back and let his football do the talking

Back