• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adebayor AND Defoe

NaijaSpurs

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Despite Adebayor's moment of madness I still stand by by belief that with our present manpower we should be starting with these two up front. Sure there is no guarantee we would have won but the important thing is we look a serious goal threat with the two of them up top. They have also a combined return of 11 league goals from 8 starts.

i mentioned it before: twice now in 3 games we have opted for this in the starting XI - arguably Adebayor has just reached an acceptable level of fitness after a non existent pre season and a series of niggly injuries and we'll see a lot more of it

we looked good in the opening 20 minutes, really good. who knows how the game would have turned out with a proper outlet upfront who could have held on the ball better but im sure we wouldn't have found ourselves going in to half time losing.

Yeah, why not, Ade is a great player when not trying two footed tackles. They can develop a partnership i feel, we need goals in the league.

Now the real problem - defense ...

Yeah, why not, Ade is a great player when not trying two footed tackles. They can develop a partnership i feel, we need goals in the league.

Now the real problem - defense ...

not playing Huddesltone in midfield might be a start along with sending Gallas to the scrap heap

It goes without saying we should play Ade and Defoe... the huge problem is the fact that now Ade is out for 3 games, what striker do we play instead? Oh wait, that's right, we don't have any...

Fortunately, two of those games he will miss are at home against West Ham and Liverpool who I think we should beat without having Adebayor. Fulham away might be a tougher proposition without him tbh.

I thought they looked good together and to my mind it would be the way to go from now on.

532076_10151333698651111_44455024_n.jpg

I think Defoe should play v Lazio. Defoe could get injured in training, are we really going to rest him in training too? Or injured walking in the street and tripping over crack in pavement. Play our best team as we're fudged in the league so attention must turn to Europa League success

I think Defoe should play v Lazio. Defoe could get injured in training, are we really going to rest him in training too? Or injured walking in the street and tripping over crack in pavement. Play our best team as we're fudged in the league so attention must turn to Europa League success

So you say Defoe should play, then you say we should play our best team. Ade all day long.

Fortunately, two of those games he will miss are at home against West Ham and Liverpool who I think we should beat without having Adebayor. Fulham away might be a tougher proposition without him tbh.

I thought they looked good together and to my mind it would be the way to go from now on.

Are you taking the tinkle? Have you forgotten our performances at home to WBA, Norwich and Wigan?

Surely yesterday was perfect demonstration of why you shouldn't play serious EPL games with only 4 midfielders?

Back