• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adebayor AND Defoe

Don't you mean with 10 men?

Getting a forward send off doesn't cause you to concede 5.

Er weren't we totally dominating the match with 'only 4 midfielders'??? Prior to Ade getting his brain-fart.

4-4-2 is a cavalier formation these days. Great going foward, but wide open when you are defending. I think we'd've started crumbling before half-time, once Arsenal had started seizing more possession, anyway. That happened all spring during our 4 points from 12 games run.

Getting a forward send off doesn't cause you to concede 5.

4-4-2 is a cavalier formation these days. Great going foward, but wide open when you are defending. I think we'd've started crumbling before half-time, once Arsenal had started seizing more possession, anyway. That happened all spring during our 4 points from 12 games run.

Formations don't matter. It's the players that matter. If your players are more comfortable playing 4-4-2 then you play 4-4-2. If they more comfortable playing 4-5-1, you play 4-5-1. If they are more comfortable playing 3-5-2, you play 3-5-2. What should rarely happen is having to play a formation that isn't comfortable for the players or playing players out of position. Last season we played 4-4-2 and looked excellent until Lennon got injured and we had no natural replacement for him. He then comes back and our results turn favourable again. Why? Because we were balanced and every player was comfortable in the formation that suited the team.

I see where GB is coming from but GB you seem to be forgetting there is a mental aspect - we looked beaten as soon as the player was sent off - thats nothing to do with 442 - its to do with mentality.

Secondly and you seem to forget here is that we had no one to hold the ball up or to play off of when Ade was sent off. that meant brickloads of pressure on us and with brickloads of pressure comes chances and ultimately you will concede. This is why you shouldnt just sit back defend it out.

Didnt we play 5 against Man bricky? or 5 against Manure? ok we didnt concede five and hell... in one of them we won but ultimately the opposition had a tonne of chances.

I see where GB is coming from but GB you seem to be forgetting there is a mental aspect - we looked beaten as soon as the player was sent off - thats nothing to do with 442 - its to do with mentality.

I also see where he is coming from, as far as he is concerned any formation that includes Defoe is a bad formation

Back