• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

We all loved Lennon. But what was his end product like? Fantastic in a side which included at various times Berbatov, Keane, SuperPav, VDV, Bale. He brought pace and excitement - but not much else when everything is said and done.

My preference would be to sign a CF

We have 3 wide men in Gil, Moura and Bergwijn plus Son who plays there
We have 1 CF in Kane, plus Son who can play there

If we're playing 4-3-3, I think another CF gives us better depth than another wide man

We need both. But if we signed Traore, Bergwin could easily be sold and not missed. We have Son, Gil and Sessegnon as well as an overlapping Reggie down the left hand side. Our right is weak with just Lucas as his primary position there.

My preference would be to sign a CF

We have 3 wide men in Gil, Moura and Bergwijn plus Son who plays there
We have 1 CF in Kane, plus Son who can play there

If we're playing 4-3-3, I think another CF gives us better depth than another wide man
Yep
I don’t get it
But then I’m not the manager
To me not having a striker and focal point was a huge issue yesterday

We all loved Lennon. But what was his end product like? Fantastic in a side which included at various times Berbatov, Keane, SuperPav, VDV, Bale. He brought pace and excitement - but not much else when everything is said and done.

He provided width, by him and Bale playing wide it stretched the opponents and gave room for the strikers

We lost that width and pretty much didn't regain it until we got it from the FBs under Poch.

Nuno seems to be trying to get width again via Bergwijn.

Very wrong. Lennon had 98 goals/assists in 388 PL games, so roughly 0,25 per game.

Traore is almost half of that. 23 goals/assists in 147 games, 0,16 per game.

Traore would certainly be exciting to watch when he gets in full flow. Should get the crowd on their feet.
ALso, even if his rate of success with passes/crosses is low, if he can do a fair amount then Kane, Alli and Son should make a fair job of picking up a few seeing as how they are rather good at that sort of thing.

We never lost when he scored :D

Serious question:
Are there any examples at all of good teams that have effectively used an elite dribbler, with otherwise poor skills to create space and opportunities to the better forwards? I can't think of any.
In the EPL - Sterling? Dembele?

Very wrong. Lennon had 98 goals/assists in 388 PL games, so roughly 0,25 per game.

Traore is almost half of that. 23 goals/assists in 147 games, 0,16 per game.

Lennon was playing in a great side with super strikers. Traore not so much.

For practically the same amount of dosh, would rather take Zaha over Traore any day of the week...

I wanted him then
The price then was much more relevant for a raw pacey winger with no end product
The price now is reflective of an end product player… he doesn’t have that
£40m for a guy that needs to improve with the actual football is quite a lot IMO

Totally agree. I really wanted him with Poch. I think Poch could have made him into a real player. And as a punt he was worth it.

I still think, at 24, with the right coach he could become 'Hazardesque' as it were. He needs to perfect his ability to cut in from the left, open space, and nail his shot into the corner of the net. The thing is, with the right coach, he is not all that far from being able to do that consistently. The hard part is making the space, and he can. His shot is not really that bad, but he rarely puts it all together.

With Hazard, he dribbles with the ball not at full tilt. That allows him to pick passes and get his shot off. If a defender tries to challenge him (in his hay day) he had extra speed up his sleeve to leave them. Traore needs to do that. Slow down, use his 'afterburners' wisely, and perfect his cut in and shoot maneuver.

Back