• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Academy Graduates

imagine Levy selling Bale for 80 odd million then just banking the money and promoting youth players - he'd have been strung up on the crossbar at the Park Lane end :lol:

I dream the same dream as you. Hopefully in the near future we will see some top young players coming out of our academy. Certainly I want to at least see some British talent filling up the forward positions.

i think it's something the club would definitely love to do and id imagine that Levy himself would possibly press the managers to make the most use of the academy products? would certainly fit in the profile some have of him that cheaper = better

I wonder how much worse off we'd be if we didn't sign 'The Beatles' and played academy graduates in their place?

Caulker for Chiriches
Livermore for Capoue
Bentaleb for Paulinho
Ceballos for Chadli
Carroll/Mason for Eriksen
Townsend for Lamela
Kane for Soldado

I honestly think we'd have been a better team if we gave those players the equivalent playing time of the signings we made. And a coach like Poch would get far more from a team of hungry youngsters who really wanted to play for the club imo.

1,2,4,5&6 in that list would make us weaker, the other two negligible. So it would almost certainly be a terrible idea.

Whilst other factors do come into play, there's usually one main reason why some players cost more than others.

Back