• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

Lennon was a lovely little player on form, these young explosive wingers always have limited shelf life due to the nature of their role. Adapt or die I suppose is the saying.

That said I think he will do well at Everton, will be a good fit for them, a team willing to give you more time on the pitch.

Absolutely no idea why we've let him go. Three competitions to play in, only three wingers in the squad. Let's just do a quick comparison:

Chelsea - Hazard, Willian, Cuadrado
Emirates Marketing Project - Nasri, Silva, Navas, Milner
Man Utd - Di Maria, Januzuaj, Valencia, Young, Mata
Arsenal - Sanchez, Walcott, Cazorla, Wellbeck
Southampton - Tadic, Mane, Elia (and Rodriguez if he ever gets fit)
Liverpool - Sterling, Lallana, Markovic

Tottenham - Chadli, Lamela, Townsend.

SPOT THE fudging DIFFERENCE!

Utter madness to weaken a position in the squad we're already very weak in. Lennon was still arguably our best winger and we've loaned him to a rival without getting in a replacement. I don't know what's happened off the pitch but it must be particularly bad to want to get rid of him like this.

Kaboul is now the only member of the 2008 cup winning side left. Great.

Absolutely no idea why we've let him go. Three competitions to play in, only three wingers in the squad. Let's just do a quick comparison:

Chel53a - Hazard, Willian, Cuadrado
Ar5ena1 - Sanchez, Walcott, Cazorla, Wellbeck

SPOT THE fudgeING DIFFERENCE!

Utter madness to weaken a position in the squad we're already very weak in. Lennon was still arguably our best winger and we've loaned him to a rival without getting in a replacement. I don't know what's happened off the pitch but it must be particularly bad to want to get rid of him like this.

You are forgetting Chadli. Four players for two positions with others like Eriksen, Dembele, Rose and Yedlin who can fill in.

Chel53a - Hazard, Willian, Cuadrado
Ar5ena1 - Sanchez, Walcott, Cazorla, Wellbeck

SPOT THE fudgeING DIFFERENCE!

I don't see the difference really

Lennon is an old-fashioned winger - an obsolete role. It's like taking your VHS tapes to the charity shop doesn't really change that your DVDs aren't as good as your mates' collections.

The 2008 League Cup was 7 years ago. Most top flight careers don't last a decade. We've also had 5 different managers in that time. How many of your work colleagues are the same as 7 years ago?

I don't see the difference really

Lennon is an old-fashioned winger - an obsolete role. It's like taking your VHS tapes to the charity shop doesn't really change that your DVDs aren't as good as your mates' collections.

The 2008 League Cup was 7 years ago. Most top flight careers don't last a decade. We've also had 5 different managers in that time. How many of your work colleagues are the same as 7 years ago?
It's only an obsolete role in your mind.... For example Lennon's performance at WHL against Everton was excellent. I think Lennon can play as the right sided player in a 4-3-3, 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1 formation. He has the required work rate and discipline and is also very tidy on the ball.

Plus half the players listed in that post don't play as wingers for their team! If Mata & Sanchez are being included then Eriksen is definitely included & there's even a possible shout for Dembele, as he can play one of the roles. I think it's a big overreaction to a sale of a player who I have previously acknowledgement the merit of, but who I equally understand being moved on.

Officially for photos or in person? I've met him a few times and he's been friendly and smiles ..

I really don't think Azza wanted to leave .. not sure what we gained either ..

He was probably drunk when you met him.

"Modric deflected hits the posts!!.... LENNON!!!!! FOUR! FOUR!"

Whilst he may longer be wanted or needed you can't deny he had some truly brilliant moments and was a great servant.

Goodbye Azza, thanks for the memories and all the best.

Last edited:
Officially for photos or in person? I've met him a few times and he's been friendly and smiles ..

He didn't play and is probably on around 50-60k a week. We gained.

lennonsmile_3186004a.jpg

Jesus Christ, I have heard it all now...he doesn't smile, neither did Berbatov and he was one of the greatest I have seen live in a Spurs shirt. I couldn't give a gnats chuff if he smiles.

Jesus Christ, I have heard it all now...he doesn't smile, neither did Berbatov and he was one of the greatest I have seen live in a Spurs shirt. I couldn't give a gnats chuff if he smiles.

Berbatov was all smiles when he joined united. Lennon does look tinkled off there. Wouldnt anyone if they had to move to that city.

I have never seen a picture of him smiling. I don't care if he does tbh it was just an observation.

Back