• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A solution to our rught-side balance issue with Lennon out?

glorygloryeze

Ian Walker
Perhaps we should play Kyle Walker on the right wing?
Ok, his final ball is often worse than Lennon's but he could probably do a job and get up and down the line and defend when neccesary.

This means moving someone else to right-back. I thought Kaboul could play there, but then with Dawson out that might leave King a bit over-exposed.

So, step forward William Gallas (BTW, When is he back??)

Thoughts?

I'd like to see us try it in a game, but I doubt we would risk trying it this weekend.

If we did happen to try it though could have a back-line of Rose - Nelsen - King - Kaboul

and Weds night v Stoke Ekotto - Gallas - Kaboul - Walker

But all 'pie in the sky' as it wont happen. As has been suggested, think Kranjcar will start RW on Saturday

Harry will probably put Bale RW and Rose LW

i wouldnt mind seeing Rose RW - im not saying he is the solution, but for the odd game he could be effective cutting inside onto his left foot. its not like the can beat a man on the left anyway

No, just because he's fast doesn't mean he'll be a good winger. Even with his ridiculous speed he very rarely ever gets past anyone.

Just play Kranjcar. The team has actualy gained better results with him on the right this season than it has with Lennon, small sample size I know but people seem to just be ignoring it.

we should leave walker where he is imo, i understand the suggestion as looking at our options he's the best fit, right sided and quick player in the squad, but, i think this means playing 2 people out of position down the same side which is gonna make us vulnerable

kaboul played well at right back season before last iirc but he's been our best CB this year and king needs him alongside going on recent performances

unless we have a secret weapon winger in the reserves who's not out on loan i think Niko I don't know how to use the like button, as long as bale stays wide as well, we can't have them both coming infield and narrowing things

Don't think Walker would be very good on the wing, I may be proven wrong but can't remember him putting in a decent cross for all the promising positions he's been in.

And Kaboul has been close to our best centre back all season, don't think shifting him to RB will help when we're short at CB at the moment.

I'm still in the very vocal minority that believes Gio given a run of games in our first XI could do some damage. We'll not find out though and he'll come back to haunt us in some european semi final at some point....

No, just because he's fast doesn't mean he'll be a good winger. Even with his ridiculous speed he very rarely ever gets past anyone.

Just play Kranjcar. The team has actualy gained better results with him on the right this season than it has with Lennon, small sample size I know but people seem to just be ignoring it.

This

And which of our wonderful perfect fit RW options would you pick instead?

Good question but playing a FB there and moving a CB to fill the FB posistion is more tinkering to go along with shifting Modric and Bale out of their best posistions. We have several players who would be better suited if Redknapp insists on playing Bale on the right give Rose a game on the left, get Townsend back.

For the record I'm talking about games beyond the Bolton one.
Even with Lennon out we should be good enough to win against Bolton at home as long as Bale and Modric are in their right positions, and Niko can play RW.

Should...

Good question but playing a FB there and moving a CB to fill the FB posistion is more tinkering to go along with shifting Modric and Bale out of their best posistions. We have several players who would be better suited if Redknapp insists on playing Bale on the right give Rose a game on the left, get Townsend back.

Can we recall Townsend??

Don't think Walker would be very good on the wing, I may be proven wrong but can't remember him putting in a decent cross for all the promising positions he's been in.

And Kaboul has been close to our best centre back all season, don't think shifting him to RB will help when we're short at CB at the moment.

I'm still in the very vocal minority that believes Gio given a run of games in our first XI could do some damage. We'll not find out though and he'll come back to haunt us in some european semi final at some point....

i'd completely forgotten about him, i'd give him a go against Bolton actually, at least he's used to the position

For the record I'm talking about games beyond the Bolton one.
Even with Lennon out we should be good enough to win against Bolton at home as long as Bale and Modric are in their right positions, and Niko can play RW.

Should...

Its such an easy decision I dont know why Harry makes such a meal out of it

Its such an easy decision I dont know why Harry makes such a meal out of it

I'm wondering if Harry blames Niko for some of the Arsenal debacle and wont trust him there now. Like some of us posters I suppose.

I did see hm make a tough tackle or two (as he did against Liverpool, which is still up there for me among some of this season's big shocks:eek:)

Back