• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A solution to our rught-side balance issue with Lennon out?

Bearin gin mind we have played our best football under Harry playing 2 natural wingers I think it is just pathetic that Harry saw fit to not buy backup at the very least. At the beginnig of last season we have 4 fukking right backs on our books but not an adequate replacement/backup for Bale or Lennon, well not anyone he trusts. What kind of management is that? I cannot believe Harry has not got more criticism on here for dropping the ball like that

I don't think it was ridiculous, Redknapp just fell into the trap of under-rating Arsenal imo, thinking they were as poor as everyone was saying and going gung ho.

I don't think it was ridiculous, Redknapp just fell into the trap of under-rating Arsenal imo, thinking they were as poor as everyone was saying and going gung ho.

My comments have nothing to with Arsenal but everything to do with the fact that if we have proved that over the past 3 years we have played our best attacking football with 2 wingers how can we start each season with just those 2 wingers? It is not rocket science. The last time we qualified for the CL we relied on Bale and Lennon to give us width, everybody knows that. So when one of then gets injured we start moving a key player like Modric on the left wing where he is repeatedly unable to dictate our play from the flanks, maybe because he ain't a fukking winger.

Heck sometimes it is just good to vent :):):)

hang on hang on, a) Harry's strategy, from the top, was to trim the squad, reduce the wage bill c) Harry got a GK on a free, Ade on a loan and Parker for ?ú5m. I very much doubt he had much money AT ALL UNTIL that strategy was achieved,

You could argue that Harry should have got a loan in but who? There arent many out there.

This summer is crucial especially if we get CL. Our squad is not as good as people think and there are key gaps in our squad such as a winger, a striker and even a defender. This summer we have to strengthen in squad terms and first team terms.

I would like to see us play Livermore in place of Lennon. He isn't as good going forward as Krancjar, but he is decent passer, would offer cover for Walker so he could get forward and would likely be more up to the physical challenge that Bolton are likely to provide. I like Niko and think he is great attacking player when we have the beating of a team, but what distressed me in his recent performances has been his bottling ever 50-50 challenge. I think Bolton are likely to come here with orders to get stuck in and I'd rather have Livermore out there trying to win/keep possession from defensive clearances.

I'm not saying it is ideal or that Livermore based, on few good performances is a savior, but I think he do better for us than Krancjar.

Last edited:
I would like to see us play Livermore in place of Lennon. He isn't as good going forward as Krancjar, but he is decent passer, would offer cover for Walker so he could get forward and would likely be more up to the physical challenge that Bolton are likely to provide. I like Niko and think he is great attacking player when we have the beating of a team, but what distressed me in his recent performances has been his bottling ever 50-50 challenge. I think Bolton are likely to come here with orders to get stuck in and I'd rather have Livermore out there trying to win/keep possession from defensive clearances.

I'm not saying it is ideal or that Livermore based, on few good performances is a savior, but I think he do better for us than Krancjar.

with livermore in, the formation changes. even if the purpose is to play him right side midfield, he'd start to wander back more centrally. just comes down to the fact that he's not used to providing width or hugging the line.

would look more like this...

..................... Ade ...................
............. Bale ....... VdV ............
.... Modric .. Parker .. Livermore ..
BAE ...... Kaboul .. King .... Walker
.................. Friedel ..................

dont get me wrong, imo Livermore is a fantastic asset to have, but it would ask an awful lot of BAE and Walker to get forward.

and there in lies the rub. For me, if we hypothetically replaced BAE and Walker with Evra and Alves, the issue of width wouldn't be a problem. Evra and Alves bomb forward at every chance. Not trying to hold walker and Bae to that standard, but if they increased they're production, it would definitely solve that width problem. When things were going well a few months ago, Benny was almost playing as a second LW and Kyle was getting forward much more often than at present.

with Bale moving about wherever he wants, its imperative for Benny to keep pressing forward down the line keeping opposing fullbacks honest, same goes for Walker.

Bearin gin mind we have played our best football under Harry playing 2 natural wingers I think it is just pathetic that Harry saw fit to not buy backup at the very least. At the beginnig of last season we have 4 fukking right backs on our books but not an adequate replacement/backup for Bale or Lennon, well not anyone he trusts. What kind of management is that? I cannot believe Harry has not got more criticism on here for dropping the ball like that

injuries happen you can't have two players just as good for the same position.
it more the lack of a plan B thats worrying.
harry should have had enough experience to have a few more tricks up his sleeve... we're looking like a one-trick pony at the moment

Oh I think it was mate...Harry is REAL manager, not a couch surfing player of Championship Manager!!!
Many of us had spent the week prior avoiding the hype and calling for a calm, professional approach to the game with our best players and 4-5-1...his selection was bizarre...his inability to reshuffle was bizarre...so maybe 'bizarre' as much as 'ridiculous'!!!!

;-)

Oh I think it was mate...Harry is REAL manager, not a couch surfing player of Championship Manager!!!
Many of us had spent the week prior avoiding the hype and calling for a calm, professional approach to the game with our best players and 4-5-1...his selection was bizarre...his inability to reshuffle was bizarre...so maybe 'bizarre' as much as 'ridiculous'!!!!

;-)

Players have to take the biggest slice of blame. We were 2-0 up.

They don't have to be as good as each other, just similar in style. We play some of our best football with two quick wingers. Stands to reason we have atleast one youngish talent who is good enough to step into that role.

They don't have to be as good as each other, just similar in style. We play some of our best football with two quick wingers. Stands to reason we have atleast one youngish talent who is good enough to step into that role.

I feel Townsend while not the finished article would be useful at this time, he would help keep the shape and preferred system. It is poor squad management to not at least have some form of backup.

here's a suggestion - kranjcar in a holding/deep playmaker role on the right mid. His role:
a) give time to allow Walker to overlap
b) defend when Walker overlaps
c) possession - wide outlet for the defence midfield
d) pick out the long pass to strikers - including the early through ball

everything else remains the same.

article-2115976-12373326000005DC-121_634x358.jpg

BOOM

I can play right wing, biatch

As long it's not Bale or Modric on the right playing out of position, then I don't really care.

Notice how Bale played well yesterday playing in his proper position on the left wing.

If we still had Corluka then this would be a very obvious thing to do.

Remember too that Walker was actually a forward through most of his youth development - it was only a year or two before we signed him that he converted to RB.

Back