• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

25 Man Squad

Re: Updated 2012-13 Spurs Squad Numbers

There will probably be another amendment once Tottenham's 2012-13 Europa League squad is announced with several of our youngsters getting new squad numbers for the competition.

Number 2 for an attacking midfielder/forward is just wrong. Have we retired number 9 in honour of Pav or something?

Only the other day I was looking at Kone wearing No.2 at Wigan as a forward player thinking how weird it was.

It's just not right.

Although I still see 12 & 14 as 'sub' numbers. ;)

Adebayor has changed his number after the season has started? Shame for anyone with Adebayor 25 shirts.

@David_Ibz1: @clint_dempsey is wearing number 2, what's that about @SpursOfficial ???

@clint_dempsey: First number I ever had in football.

Bizarre, not all professionals get a shirt number. Bostock who is out on loan gets one and these 3 academy players do...

???

71 McEVOY Kenneth
77 LAMEIRAS Ruben
84 BALL Dominic

Bizarre, not all professionals get a shirt number. Bostock who is out on loan gets one and these 3 academy players do...

???

71 McEVOY Kenneth
77 LAMEIRAS Ruben
84 BALL Dominic

What about Coulibaly as well. Has he got a number?

Last edited:
If Spurs do loan-out Cudicini & Gomes to Championship clubs (as reported today in the Daily Mail), it would free two more slots in the 25-man Premier League squad for outfield players.

You don't have to name 25 - that's just the maximum. A number of clubs name less.

We've got 26 now (with Rose and Khumalo on loan), including Falque, Obika, Cudicini, Gomes, Bentley and Jenas who presumably won't feature at all.

The number increases as players get older - i.e. Walker and Rose count this season whereas they didn't last. Caulker, Townsend and Carroll are freebies at the moment, but will count soon etc.

Gomes being our no1 scares me.

Don't be. Spurs have rules about number changes. Basically, it comes down to the players deciding. When Bale wanted 11, he had to ask VDV. This caused a bit of a bust up. So for Lloris to get 1 he'd of had to ask Gomes to swap. Even if he had the balls to do that, Gomes could have just said no.

Following the conclusion of the summer transfer window, the Club has today submitted its list of 25 players that will be eligible to play in the Premier League from now until January 1.
The squad list, in alphabetical order, is as follows:

1. Emmanuel Adebayor

2. Benoit Assou-Ekotto

3. Gareth Bale

4. David Bentley

5. Sandro Cordeiro

6. Carlo Cudicini

7. Michael Dawson

8. Jermain Defoe

9. Mousa Dembele

10. Clint Dempsey

11. Yago Falque

12. Brad Friedel

13. William Gallas

14. Heurelho Gomes

15. Tom Huddlestone

16. Jermaine Jenas

17. Younes Kaboul

18. Aaron Lennon

19. Jake Livermore

20. Hugo Lloris

21. Kyle Naughton

22. Scott Parker

23. Gylfi Sigurdsson

24. Jan Vertonghen

25. Kyle Walker

In addition to the main squad list is an U21 list with an unlimited number of players. Players covered by this list include:

Tom Carroll
Steven Caulker
Adam Smith
Andros Townsend

It looks so much weaker after the absence of Modric and VdV.

That looks a top 6 squad at best. I can't believe we shipped out so much class and spend half the money on raiding Fulham.

Back