• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

25 Man Squad

Roy1983

Edward Sheringham
Friedel
Gomes
Cudicini
Walker
BAE
Rose
Naughton
Vertonghen
Kaboul
Caulker
Bassong
King
Gallas
Lennon
Bale
Jenas
Thudd
Modric
Sandro
Parker
Sigurdsson
VDV
Townsend
Defoe
Adebayor

Hopefully haven't missed anyone. Very light up top and overloaded with defenders. AVBs got some work to do.

IMO Gallas and King could be off freeing up two places for two strikers.

How would this leave the balance of the squad in your opinion?

I think Defoe will leave which means a replacement has to come in

i think Modric will leave and Moutinho coming in

I think a GK will come in and unsure who will leave - maybe Gomes sold.

I think Defoe will leave which means a replacement has to come in

i think Modric will leave and Moutinho coming in

I think a GK will come in and unsure who will leave - maybe Gomes sold.

Heard Brendan Rogers interviewed on SSN yesterday and he mentioned they were hoping to conclude a deal shortly for 'An English based player they've been after for a while'. Could be JD.

Goalkeepers x 3
Friedel
Gomes
--------

Defenders x 8
Walker
Naughton

Ekotto

Kaboul
Vertonghen
Dawson
Caulker
Gallas

Midfielders x10
Sandro
Parker

Huddelstone
--------

Sigurdsson
Van der Vaart
Bale
Lennon
dos Santos
--------

Forwards x 4

Adebayor
Defoe
--------
--------

they are the players i think we have that will be in our 25 man squad come the end of the transfer window and the -------- indicates positions i think we will add to, so that's :

Goalkeeper (first choice)
Modric replacement (or Luka stays)
cover for the LWF role
two strikers (one young prospect)

Last edited:
Heard Brendan Rogers interviewed on SSN yesterday and he mentioned they were hoping to conclude a deal shortly for 'An English based player they've been after for a while'. Could be JD.

English player oe player based in England?

I think that would be Sturridge. I cant imagine us selling to Liverscum and although there were rumours in the past I think sometimes its the Manager and the DoF who want a player not the actual club.

I wouldnt want Defoe to go anywhere but if he is gonna leave then Reading or Swansea or even QPR would be good.

Walker doesn't count in this squad I think as he is underage. We can also include as many players who are 21 or under on the 01/01/2012.

Walker doesn't count in this squad I think as he is underage. We can also include as many players who are 21 or under on the 01/01/2012.

i think the under 21 rule only applies to players who have been here for 3 continuous seasons - not sure how it effects players like Naughton and Caulker who have been out on loan

i think the under 21 rule only applies to players who have been here for 3 continuous seasons - not sure how it effects players like Naughton and Caulker who have been out on loan

Caulker should be fine as he has been 3 continuous seasons as a youth player (not 100% sure on that but fairly sure)

Players born in 1990 or earlier have to be registered as senior players in the 25 man squad - Kyle Walker, Danny Rose and Iago Falque are all in their first season as seniors.
Players born in 1991 or later are considered U21 and doesn't have to be registered in the 25 man squad - Adam Smith, Steven Caulker, Dean Parrett, Ryan Mason and Andros Townsend are all in their last season as U21.
The exception is for UEFA competitions (Europa League), where U21 players also have had to have been with the club for 2 years or else they will count as seniors.

Current squad: 29 overage players for 25 man squad

Homegrown
1 Gareth Bale
2 Tom Huddlestone
3 Aaron Lennon
4 Scott Parker
5 Jermaine Jenas
6 Jermain Defoe
7 Kyle Naughton
8 Michael Dawson
9 Danny Rose
10 Gylfi Sigurðsson
11 Kyle Walker
12 Jake Livermore
13 David Bentley
14 Jonathan Obika (never gonna be in the 25 but over 21)
15 David Button (never gonna be in the 25 but over 21)

Non Homegrown (max 17)
1 Heurelho Gomes
2 Younès Kaboul
3 Rafael van der Vaart
4 William Gallas
5 Luka Modrić
6 Giovani dos Santos
7 Carlo Cudicini
8 Brad Friedel
9 Iago Falqué
10 Sandro
11 Benoît Assou-Ekotto
12 Steven Pienaar
13 Sébastien Bassong
14 Jan Vertonghen

Under 21s - Born on or after 1st Jan 1991 (don't count towards the 25)
Steven Caulker

Because their loans were in England I believe they will still count as "homegrown in the nation"

Goalkeepers x 3
Friedel
Gomes
--------

Defenders x 8
Walker
Naughton

Ekotto

Kaboul
Vertonghen
Dawson
Caulker
Gallas

Midfielders x10
Sandro
Parker

Huddelstone
--------

Sigurdsson
Van der Vaart
Bale
Lennon
dos Santos
--------

Forwards x 4

Adebayor
Defoe
--------
--------

they are the players i think we have that will be in our 25 man squad come the end of the transfer window and the -------- indicates positions i think we will add to, so that's :

Goalkeeper (first choice)
Modric replacement (or Luka stays)
cover for the LWF role
two strikers (one young prospect)

You only need 2 forwards if your only going to play 1 up front. Ade and Ade back-up will be all we need.

So Ade's suspended/injured and his backup has been utter dogbrick for the first 60 minutes, what do you do?

So Ade's suspended/injured and his backup has been utter dogbrick for the first 60 minutes, what do you do?

Use Sig and Rafa to go all Spain.

Or throw on a highly rated youth team player (hopefully now we're going youth route again we'll soon have someone better than Obika or Lancaster on our books).

Chelsea struggled to keep two senior #9s happy - how do you expect to do it with 3?

I think the third should be someone like Niang who we've supposedly taken in on trial. Defoe is still an excellent option off the bench (I know you really rate him).

I think the third should be someone like Niang who we've supposedly taken in on trial. Defoe is still an excellent option off the bench (I know you really rate him).

Think Niang is already good enough to be 2nd choice tbh. He's better than Lukaku anyway.

Defoe is even more pointless now we're always going to play 4-3-3. He can't play wide, can't play #9 and can't play in midfield. In a 4-4-2 he was ineffective. Now he is obsolete.

You only need 2 forwards if your only going to play 1 up front. Ade and Ade back-up will be all we need.

I only want Adebayor as backup. Last season proved he is too clumsy in front of goal to become the main striker. He wastes far too many chances. I don't know how AVB can improve that.

Back