• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

25 Man Squad

AVB has said he doesn't need another striker. Gotta be a bluff surely? We could get by with 3 strikers if they were Messi, Falcao and Mario Gomez.

With the departure of Bassong and Modric, coupled with the arrival of Adebayor, we are back to a full squad of 25 first team players (based on the squad list on the OS)...

1 Friedel
2 Gomes
3 Cudicini
4 Button
5 Kaboul
6 Gallas
7 Dawson
8 Walker
9 Assou-Ekotto
10 Vertonghen
11 Naughton
12 Bale
13 Huddlestone
14 Lennon
15 Parker
16 Van der Vaart
17 Rose
18 Livermore
19 Sandro
20 Bentley
21 Jenas
22 Sigurdsson
23 Dos Santos
24 Defoe
25 Adebayor

(Caulker is under 21, so doesn't need to be registered)

I assume first team players would be unhappy not being registered. So for every new player that arrives (assuming there are some) we presumably need to offload a current squad member (either a sale or loan).

AVB has said he doesn't need another striker. Gotta be a bluff surely? We could get by with 3 strikers if they were Messi, Falcao and Mario Gomez.

I have to admit I fear for us of Ade gets injured. Personally I don't think Ade is well suited to a lone striker role either, but he is certainly better at it than Defoe (and that is not a slight against Defoe, he just doesn't have the aerial presence or strength to play as a lone front man).

I'm also seriously worried about our creativity unless we sign this M'Vila and he turns out to be the next Zidane. From what I've heard his style is more Vieira/Essien than a playmaker and that will mean a midfield of Sandro/M'Vila/Sigurdsson. Incredibly functional, but not exactly edge of your seat exciting.

With the departure of Bassong and Modric, coupled with the arrival of Adebayor, we are back to a full squad of 25 first team players (based on the squad list on the OS)...

1 Friedel
2 Gomes
3 Cudicini
4 Button
5 Kaboul
6 Gallas
7 Dawson
8 Walker
9 Assou-Ekotto
10 Vertonghen
11 Naughton
12 Bale
13 Huddlestone
14 Lennon
15 Parker
16 Van der Vaart
17 Rose
18 Livermore
19 Sandro
20 Bentley
21 Jenas
22 Sigurdsson
23 Dos Santos
24 Defoe
25 Adebayor

(Caulker is under 21, so doesn't need to be registered)

I assume first team players would be unhappy not being registered. So for every new player that arrives (assuming there are some) we presumably need to offload a current squad member (either a sale or loan).

Falque will need to be registered also if he is to take part in the first team.

Expect some of Gomes, Button, Dawson, Rose, Bentley, Hudd and Falque to leave permanently or on loan.

U-21s (born on or after 1st Jan 1991) don't count towards the 25 man squad so here's who needs to be registered and who doesn't (from 1st team and professionals lists on spurs site)

Need to be registered
1. Heurelho Gomes
2. Carlo Cudicini
3. Brad Friedel

4. Danny Rose
5. Younes Kaboul
6. Jan Vertonghen
7. William Gallas
8. Kyle Naughton
9. Michael Dawson
10. Kyle Walker
11. Benoit Assou-Ekotto

12. Tom Huddlestone
13. Aaron Lennon
14. Scott Parker
15. Rafael van der Vaart
16. Gareth Bale
17. David Bentley
18. Jermaine Jenas
19. Gylfi Sigurdsson
20. Jake Livermore
21. Sandro Raniere
22. Yago Falque
23. Mousa Dembele

24. Giovani Dos Santos
25. Jermain Defoe
26. Emmanuel Adebayor
27. Jonathan Obika

U-21s
1. Jordan Archer
2. Jonathan Miles

3. Steven Caulker
4. Adam Smith
5. Kevin Stewart
6. Jack Barthram
7. Nathan Byrne
8. Grant Hall

9. Andros Townsend
10. Thomas Carroll
11. John Bostock
12. Cristian Ceballos
13. Jake Nicholson
14. Alex Pritchard
15. Dean Parrett
16. Ryan Mason
17. Giancarlo Gallifuoco
18. Jack Munns
19. Harry Kane
20. Cameron Lancaster
21. Souleymane Coulibaly

On Loan
1. Bongani Khumalo
2. Massimo Luongo
3. Ryan Fredericks
4. Simon Dawkins

I have to admit I fear for us of Ade gets injured. Personally I don't think Ade is well suited to a lone striker role either, but he is certainly better at it than Defoe (and that is not a slight against Defoe, he just doesn't have the aerial presence or strength to play as a lone front man).

Agree that he's not the best but he does well in general support play. That will allow other players to use him as a foil and join in the attack.
i'm more worried about exhaustion - he looked uninpired and lethargic towards the end of last season, coinciding with our poor run of form. More concerned about finding an upgrade on Defoe who I feel doesn't fit the role and isn't clinical enough. However this striker should be happy rotating with Ade.

With Dembele and VDV i think we're fine on the creativity angle. If we can get on to the wingers crosses, you'll see a lot of space open up for the CMs.

Squad numbers:

1 Gomes
3 Rose
4 Kaboul
5 Vertonghen
6 Huddlestone
7 Lennon
8 Parker
10 VDV
11 Bale
13 Gallas
14 Modric
15 Bentley
16 Naughton
17 Gio
18 Defoe
19 Dembele
20 Dawson
21 Jenas
22 Sigurdsson
23 Cudicini
24 Friedel
25 Adebayor
28 Walker
29 Livermore
30 Sandro
31 Townsend*
32 Assou-Ekotto
33 Caulker*
37 Kane*
39 Smith*
46 Carroll*
xx Falque

Falque wore 27 and 34 last season.

Kaboul will likely not need to be registered until Jan now.

Here's the final squad. Remains to be seen who Spurs don't include in the list (likely Obika)

U-21s (born on or after 1st Jan 1991) don't count towards the 25 man squad so here's who needs to be registered and who doesn't (from 1st team and professionals lists on spurs site)

Need to be registered
1. Hugo Lloris
2. Heurelho Gomes
3. Carlo Cudicini
4. Brad Friedel

5. Younes Kaboul
6. Jan Vertonghen
7. William Gallas
8. Kyle Naughton
9. Michael Dawson
10. Kyle Walker
11. Benoit Assou-Ekotto

12. Tom Huddlestone
13. Aaron Lennon
14. Scott Parker
15. Clint Dempsey
16. Gareth Bale
17. David Bentley
18. Jermaine Jenas
19. Gylfi Sigurdsson
20. Jake Livermore
21. Sandro Raniere
22. Yago Falque
23. Mousa Dembele

24. Jermain Defoe
25. Emmanuel Adebayor
26. Jonathan Obika

U-21s
1. Jordan Archer
2. Jonathan Miles

3. Steven Caulker
4. Adam Smith
5. Kevin Stewart
6. Jack Barthram
7. Nathan Byrne
8. Grant Hall

9. Andros Townsend
10. Thomas Carroll
11. John Bostock
12. Cristian Ceballos
13. Jake Nicholson
14. Alex Pritchard
15. Dean Parrett
16. Ryan Mason
17. Giancarlo Gallifuoco
18. Jack Munns
19. Cameron Lancaster
20. Souleymane Coulibaly

On Loan
1. Bongani Khumalo
2. Massimo Luongo
3. Ryan Fredericks
4. Simon Dawkins
5. Danny Rose
6. Harry Kane

Here is what I would expect the squad to look like:

1 Adebayor 10
2 Assou-Ekotto 32
3 Bale 11
4 Bentley 15
5 Caulker 33
6 Cudicini 23
7 Dawson 20
8 Defoe 18
9 Dembele 19
10 Dempsey ??
11 Friedel 24
12 Gallas 13
13 Gomes 1
14 Huddlestone 6
15 Jenas 21
16 Kaboul 4
17 Lennon 7
18 Livermore 29
19 Lloris ??
20 Naughton 16
21 Parker 8
22 Sandro 30
23 Sigurdsson 22
24 Vertongen 5
25 Walker 28

I'm not sure if Caulker and Naughton even need to be included. When was the last time our 25 was a bit of a stretch to fill? 4 goalkeepers. Still some deadwood, but a lot of it has gone!

Hello. I know I have put Vertonghen and Townsend out of position, but was just comparing squads.
I omitted some chod, so these are the main players that we'll see in the league:

NEW:.............Lloris ....................................OLD: ....................Friedel

................................Friedel ...............................................................................................Cudicini
................................................Cudicini .....................................................................................................................................................Gomes

Walker ....Gallas .....Kaboul .....Ekotto ...........Walker .........Gallas ........Kaboul ......Ekotto
Naughton ......Dawson ...........Caulker .........Vertonghen! ...............Naughton ..............Dawson .................King ..............Bassong

..............Parker ....Dembele ...........................................Parker .........Modric
.......................Sandro ........Huddlestone .................................................................Sandro ..............Huddlestone
...................................Livermore ....................Jenas .............................................................................................................Livermore ..............................Jenas

Lennon ........Sigurdsson ............Bale ............Lennon ..............VdV .................Bale
Bentley ....................Dempsey ....................Townsend ...................Dos Santos .................Townsend! .....................Rose

....................Adebayor .......................................................Adebayor
....................................Defoe ............................................................................................Defoe

Last edited:
It needs a high resolution screen to display properly and even then it's confusing.

Everyone will be in the premier league squad (Obika doesnt count).
Someone need to be dropped from the European squad as we need to promote an underage club trained player as we dont have enough. It will be one of the keepers no doubt.

Back