• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2022 World Cup... gonna ruin the European Season

It was nausiating wasn't it? Rabbitting on at Messi for ages, then following him over to the Argentina team holding his elbow....

Trying to associate yourself with Messi isn't going to make you popular Infantino. Try making FIFA more transparent and appear less corrupt

He is as bad as Blatter !!!
Infantino said FIFA would be transparent and get rid of corruption with him in charge.
Norwegian TV has for the last year tried to get info from FIFA on where 4 billion euros are spent, that is supposedly gone to development of stadiums, headquarters, training grounds etc in various countries. They also wanted to know the criteria for getting these funds, and which projects did and did not qualify. FIFA has repeatedly refused to hand over this documentation to the journalist, while at the same time telling them that they are transparent, and will happily hand over documents of specific projects if requested, but they refuse to give out information on which projects have been given funds.... Dirty corrupt scumbags the lot of them!

Hugo has a great record on penalties but was poor today
However the ones that were missed were woeful
Hugo is crap at penalties. The moment the game went to pens I turned to my brother-in-law and said "Argentina just won it." He looked at me puzzled, but after the pens were over he said to me "wow, you're right. This keeper really sucks at pens."

That was quite possibly the greatest WC final ever - not that I've watched them all, but this game had it all (except for a red card).
And came out of nowhere. The 1954 one, which was considered the greatest, started off with a bang with 4 goals inside the first 20-25 mins. This one was a snoozefest up until 10 mins from time. Who woulda thunk it.

1986 one was pretty good too.

And came out of nowhere. The 1954 one, which was considered the greatest, started off with a bang with 4 goals inside the first 20-25 mins. This one was a snoozefest up until 10 mins from time. Who woulda thunk it.

1986 one was pretty good too.

2006 for me, no stupid defending and cheap penalties.

I didn’t watch it, but 82 sounds good, Tardelli’s moment.

Is that saves or misses against him?

One in four pens are missed, so a keeper should be judged against that.
I read the other day that it's 78%. But has fallen to 76% since the new line rule for goalkeepers. However in world cups the success ratio is 49%. Which demonstrates that its all about pressure

Name a better game of football than that. Phenomenal game. Poetic justice for Messi, and it's oh so deserved. The greatest ever. I'm crying tears of happiness for Argentina today, I've lived there and it's got a very special place in my heart - and I know a lot of people who are very happy right now. :)

I’ve seen in two places now, one being the bbc, that Messi is the first player to score in every round of the World Cup. Didn’t Jairzinho do it in 1970 or have I missed something?

I’ve seen in two places now, one being the bbc, that Messi is the first player to score in every round of the World Cup. Didn’t Jairzinho do it in 1970 or have I missed something?

There was one round less back then, so like pre-1992 domestic football, it's not allowed to count.

Very happy for Argentina and Messi. Great game, great way to win it. Messi coming through for Argentina at the biggest stage, at the last chance.

This is a flawed Argentina side. How many players in their starting 11 would start for France? Their weaknesses showed, but so did their strengths. Again bouncing back from losing a 2 goal lead. Really struggling towards the end of the 90, but the better side in extra time. Going into the shootout having been ahead again.

Great mentality, great system. Will all be legends now with Messi the deserved stand out.

Back