• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2019/20 Priorities

Desire wise in that order, need for wise 4 and 3 would be a welcome start. 2 is possible as we showed last season, 1 will be just out of reach I feel.

We have to win something. Its a must, an FA Cup or a champions league would be ideal. Premiership we have no chance.

I don't care so long as it finishes with silver. That's the one thing this side/Poch really need to achieve now

We have to win something. Its a must, an FA Cup or a champions league would be ideal. Premiership we have no chance.

1) WIN
SOMETHING
ANYTHING

2 through 9999) Everything else.

The question wasn't "would you like to win something this season?". Easy question and I am sure that we would all give the same answer. The question was "in what order should we prioritise the completions that we are in?".

Currently we don’t have the squad to compete in the league cup midweek so that’s bottom.

League
CL/Europa
Fa
League cup

As long as our spreadsheets relating to income from the stadium look better than anyone else's I'm satisfied. If we could bail out of them four competitions and just turn up for the matchdays, pay what the ticket price would've been and get tinkled up we'll save a brick ton on wages + bonus thus resulting in even better figures and also the players are probably tired having played quite a lot of football so win win on both fronts.

The question wasn't "would you like to win something this season?". Easy question and I am sure that we would all give the same answer. The question was "in what order should we prioritise the completions that we are in?".

Oh, sure.

1) FA Cup
2) Prem
3) CL
4) League Cup.

Win the League Cup to attract the type of players we are after like Swansea in 2013 and Birmingham in 2011

The priority should be
CL, PL
The other two are on the level of the Checkatrade Trophy which we now enter every year.

Same for me.
PL
CL
FA Cup
League Cup

How could prioritising a domestic trophy be in any way sensible? Do we think our peers prioritise the FA Cup over winning the league?
PL : Yes, beating City to the title is not going to be easy, they have such an excellent squad, but it is doable. Half the challenge, and outside of our control, is other teams not going into their games with City and seeing damage limitation as their best outcome.
I am less worried about Liverpool, although they were obviously very, very strong last season. It irks me that people talk about them being automatic top 2, as if they have been regulars in that position for the past years, rather than us regularly finishing above them. They have to prove they can do it again. I would put us and Liverpool on level pegging in terms of league expectations at the start of the season.

CL : Somewhat dependent on the group, and the draws beyond that, but we have proven we can go all the way and the money and kudos generated mean it would be negligent to not give the competition serious priority.

FAC : would be a great consolation prize if the PL and CL slip from our grasp. A mix of first and second string players, depending on PL/CL fixtures before/after.

LC : a lesser consolation. I certainly wouldn't scoff at it but we have to rely predominantly on second string/youth players in the early stages so as not to disrupt the other competitions.

Last edited:
There’s no Audi cup next year because of the Euros, so I suppose the lesser competitions in the order Milo has them. Not sure any other trophies matter too much: we’re Audi fudging champions.

Finishing top4 is priority #1
To keep us at the top table AND keep a rival out.

Then CL

That’s all that matters

There's been a few posts on this so it's not a rare view by the looks of it, and I don't think either side will budge on the debate but I just can't comprehend this cups don't matter viewpoint.

Seems a defense mechanism to me, like for the guy who tried it on with every girl in the place and left with no one saying "didn't want a fudge anyway" but I appreciate that won't stand for those who genuinely didn't give a toss on the occasions that we did win something, maybe in the same boat to the new fathers out there idly scrolling facebook whilst their missus is giving birth.

Back