• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2018 World Cup Draw

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Friday at 15:00 GMT

46B2B04F00000578-5120947-image-a-41_1511781623427.jpg

No more than two European sides or one from any of the other confederations can be drawn to the same group.

Would like Russia, so we can see if their fans can behave themselves, Senegal and Nigeria.

Do not think we would come out of the group so our core of English players would not play to much football this summer and I also really like African football and would at least enjoy our games as I feel the African nations always try to play what I call football.

Want one of the African nations to win it this time, would also be funny as fcuk to see Putin see them win the final, would be a bit like Hitler and Jesse Owens.

Argentina again, nailed on
Iceland no doubt,and as we currently have the Ashes, and the RL WC Final...
Australia

Would like Russia, so we can see if their fans can behave themselves, Senegal and Nigeria.

Do not think we would come out of the group so our core of English players would not play to much football this summer and I also really like African football and would at least enjoy our games as I feel the African nations always try to play what I call football.

Want one of the African nations to win it this time, would also be funny as fcuk to see Putin see them win the final, would be a bit like Hitler and Jesse Owens.
Senegal and Nigeria can't be drawn into the same group. No more than two European sides or one from any of the other confederations can be drawn to the same group.

As the tournament is held in Russia, I expect us to get a thorough insight into Russian fan behaviour regardless of which group England are playing in. My two cents: It won't be pretty.

The pots for the World Cup draw seems like not balanced this time. Poland should not be in the Pot 1 as they have never turned up at major tournaments. Spain should have been in Pot 1 instead. The fact Poland is in Pot 1 is surely going to affect the balance of the draw. The toughest group possible could be Brazil, Spain, Denmark and Serbia. The weakest group possible would be Poland, Peru, Iran and Panama.

For England, they might want to avoid Brazil, Sweden and Nigeria. Remember, Sweden are the bogey team for England as they have only won 2, drawn 8 and lost 5 out of last 15 matches against Sweden in all competitions since 1968.

The pots for the World Cup draw seems like not balanced this time. Poland should not be in the Pot 1 as they have never turned up at major tournaments. Spain should have been in Pot 1 instead. The fact Poland is in Pot 1 is surely going to affect the balance of the draw. The toughest group possible could be Brazil, Spain, Denmark and Serbia. The weakest group possible would be Poland, Peru, Iran and Panama.

For England, they might want to avoid Brazil, Sweden and Nigeria. Remember, Sweden are the bogey team for England as they have only won 2, drawn 8 and lost 5 out of last 15 matches against Sweden in all competitions since 1968.
And Zlatan will return too!

Poland, England, Iran, Panama (we still probably wouldnt get into the knock-outs though...)

Who comes up with these draw procedures. They take ages and sixteen balls to put the eight first seeds in the eight groups. Surely this step is trivial.

Brazil and Germany in groups E and F. Does that mean they are in the same side of the draw.

Spain drawn with Portugal is interesting for their opening game.

And England get Belgium. This match could feature quite a few Spurs players.

Back