• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

18 points to secure CL?

I thought we should have got rid of gallas in the summer because of his injuries and his age. But it is something redknapp often talks about, having players who have experince of winning things, again redknapp is right and im wrong. Love to see talk like that from gallas even if i think it unlikely. But if we won the double i may just give up football as the would be no point after that.

This sort of threads invites all sorts of comments on hindsight. I like many others, thought we should beat, at least draw v the scum. Just shows we need to treat every game as a must win, and develop more of a ruthless streak. We need to beat manyoo, even if it's a scrappy, controversial game - we must win !

This sort of threads invites all sorts of comments on hindsight. I like many others, thought we should beat, at least draw v the scum. Just shows we need to treat every game as a must win, and develop more of a ruthless streak. We need to beat manyoo, even if it's a scrappy, controversial game - we must win !

Well, luckily I calculated for two losses. Now we just have to beat Man Utd!

Checked the fixtures today...

Arse fixtures
Liverpool (A) D
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (H) W
Villa (H) W
QPR (A) W
Emirates Marketing Project (H) D
Wolves (A) W
Wigan (H) W
Chelsea (H) D
Stoke (A) L
Norwich (H) W
West Brom (A) W

Total: 24 pts + 46 = 70 pts

Chelsea fixtures
West Brom (A) D
Stoke (H) W
Emirates Marketing Project (A) L
Spurs (H) W
Villa (a) W
Wigan (h) W
Fulham (a) D
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h) W
Arsenal (a) D
QPR (h) W
Liverpool (a) D
Blackburn (h) W

Total: 25 pts + 46 = 71 pts

Spurs fixtures
Man Utd (h) D
Everton (a) L
Chelsea (a) L
Swansea (h) W
Sunderland (a) D
Norwich (h) W
Bolton (a) W
Stoke (h) D
QPR (a) W
Blackburn (h) W
Villa (a) D
Fulham (h) W

Total: 22 pts + 53 = 75 pts

Still ours to lose in my opinion but with having Utd, Everton and Chelsea in a row it could be tin hat time come the end of March.

Before Christmas I felt that if we were level with 3rd place going into the last 8 games I would fancy our chances. I dont think any of us play on the 17th/18th, so basically after the Chelsea match we have 9 games each, Liverpool have 10.

Worst case scenario come Mar30th is we are only 2pts behind 3rd with none of the Top 7 to play.

Chelsea 4 at home 5 Away
Arsenal 4 at home 5 Away

We would still have a hell of a chance

i have it as us 75, filth 70 and chavs 69 but obviously cos of our next 3 fixtures - we could do we having the stoke game rearranged sooner than later - it's likely to get worse before it gets better.

realistically one of arsenal or chelsea will need to win 8 out of 12 to put us danger barring total collapse by us. highly unlikely as neither has looked capable putting that sort of run together and they both have harder fxitures. we now only have 2 of the top 7 still to play.

Original prediction:

Arsenal (A): 3
Man Utd (H): 0
Everton (A): 3
Stoke (H): 3
Chelsea (A): 1
Swansea: (H): 1
Sunderland (A): 0
Norwich (H): 3
Bolton (A): 3
QPR (A): 1
Blackburn (H): 3
Aston Villa (A): 3
Fulham (H): 3

Since I started this thread we have played 3 games and lost all of them. I had predicted 6 out of 9 from these games, and was very wrong.

Played games:

Arsenal (A): 3
Man Utd (H): 0
Everton (A): 3

Remaining games:

Stoke (H): 3
Chelsea (A): 1
Swansea: (H): 1
Sunderland (A): 0
Norwich (H): 3
Bolton (A): 3
QPR (A): 1
Blackburn (H): 3
Aston Villa (A): 3
Fulham (H): 3

repeating the stats from the original post:

Last 5 season average for 4th spot: 70,8 points.
Average since 95/96: 67,3 points.
Highest ever 4th spot points: 76.

With my current prediction we will end the season at 73 points. With all the pessimism out there, we are still one loss and 3 draws, or even two more losses clear of missing out on 73 points, meaning most likely a 4th spot. Add to that a good FA Cup run and we should look at this season as a great success. I still believe we'll finish 3rd, as I can't see Arsenal overtaking us. They will lose points in quite a few of the games ahead.

Stoke (H)

This match will define the rest of our season. I don't care about performance or moral victory. 3 points - nothing else will do.

Stupid to predict 6 points from Arsenal and Everton away. Why didnt you just predict we will win every game we play?

Stoke (H)

This match will define the rest of our season. I don't care about performance or moral victory. 3 points - nothing else will do.

i hope we are practicing our set pieces

doubt it though](*,)

70 points has never failed to attain CL football, that has to be the aim

yep 68 (city in 2010) is the highest a 5th placed team has ever got in a 38 game season

i'd be absolutely staggered if 70 didn't get us 4th at worse. chelsea will have to perform miracles to get 20 points from their last 10 games.

i hope we are practicing our set pieces

doubt it though](*,)

If we get drawn into an aerial battle with Stoke we will lose. They are better at it. They is absolutely no point going direct against them as it will be aerial suicide.
Our best form of defense is retaining possession. We've had plenty of games where we've had 60%+ in the possession stats. We need this again but I can only see it if a fit VDV is playing.

Pick our best team with our best players in their best positions and we'll get 3rd. Harry has picked some stupid line-ups / formations recently and we need to get back to got us where we are today. Apologies to Defoe and Sandro fans but that menas ADe and VdV up top, Bale, Modric, parker and Lennon in midfield. If Lennon is out then play whoever there but keep our best players like Modric, Bale and VdV in their best positions

Pick our best team with our best players in their best positions and we'll get 3rd. Harry has picked some stupid line-ups / formations recently and we need to get back to got us where we are today. Apologies to Defoe and Sandro fans but that menas ADe and VdV up top, Bale, Modric, parker and Lennon in midfield. If Lennon is out then play whoever there but keep our best players like Modric, Bale and VdV in their best positions

Hello everyone, nice to be here :)

I have complete faith in Harry, his picks are always well-grounded. I still think this slump is just a temporary setback and we'll easily come back to our winning ways with Stoke. Not making the CL would be a disaster of enourmous proportions. I don't even want to think about it:)

Stupid to predict 6 points from Arsenal and Everton away. Why didnt you just predict we will win every game we play?

Excuse me?

We went into the Arsenal-game with everything in our favour. How was that stupid?

Everton away should always be a win, I don't care how good Moyes is at getting good out of bad. There is no excuse, and we dominated them.
The problem against Arsenal as we always do against Arsenal for some reason, was we let them control midfield. It never works, and it never will work. You have to destroy their ability to control the game, there is no other way to handle their passing game.

Stupid? You don't even come up with anything at all. Why don't you predict something at all instead of attacking me for it.

Hate to throw this one into the mixer,but ultimate 'kick in the teeth' is still hanging around, albeit an unlikely one.

If we do happen to finish 4th, Chelsea could still win the CL. (I did say it was unlikely though)

Back