• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

You are the Ref

Spursalot

Jimmy McCormick
You-are-the-Ref-001.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/24/you-are-the-ref-michael-laudrup#

What do? :-k

I'm Howard Webb

1. Award Man Utd a penalty
2. Is it a Man Utd player?
3. Award Man Utd a penalty

1. Yellow card to the winger, warning to the defender. I guess I've already given the winger a free kick, or maybe it's a throw in.
2. Let him use them, but make sure you let everybody know what a c*nt he is for wearing them.
3. Nothing, if the center back is retarded, what can you do? Goal.

1. Have a laugh.
2. Who cares? It's not cheating.
3. Award the goal. Silly defending.

1. Yellow for the player who nudged the winger into the snow. red for the snowball man due violent behaviour
2. nothing......can't touch him
3. nothing.......defender should have been behind his manor goal side and not ball watching

1. Yellow card each and a very stern telling off, also in the referees report, OR even 2 yellow cards to the player , 1 for the simulation and 1 for throwing a snowball.
2. Take no action.
3. Award the goal (however I have a feeling theres some kind of rule or directive against players using generic terms on the field such as 'mine' or 'leave it' etc

Last edited:
I think the rules would state

1. both get a red for violent conduct.

2. Instruct player to remove unauthorised accessory

3. Disallow goal and award indirect free kick. Not sure if attacker is booked as well for ungentlemany conduct. I thought you could only put a name on a ball.

All sounds a bit pedantic but as I said I think that's how a ref would be expected to interpret the rules.

I guess it depends on what type of person the referee is. Balls have been booted at refs faces before and the player hasn't got a card. It's an accident. I am sure some refs would find getting hit with a snowball funny, unless they're a right ****.

I guess it depends on what type of person the referee is. Balls have been booted at refs faces before and the player hasn't got a card. It's an accident. I am sure some refs would find getting hit with a snowball funny, unless they're a right ****.

But it doesn't make it the "right" decision even if it is the most sensible one. There isn't any flexibility in the rules for refs to use their own discretion, which is a shame.

With the snowball the ref can could bear in mind the fact it hit him by accident. But the player did it in a rage and so I reckon he'd have to call it as violent. If it was someone like Gazza just doing it clearly in jest then I think the ref would be free enough to just laugh it off.

1. Free for the initial foul, yellow for both.

2. Tell the player to remove them from the pitch. Maybe a yellow for bringing an authorized object on to the field of play.

3. Goal. There's that rule that ArmeniaSpur talks about but I think that would only apply if the ball was headed to the defender, but in this case the call is while the winger still has the ball. It's a stupid rule anyway.

1. OFF with the pair of them (AND throw snowball at each)!
2. What's the issue?
3. No problem whatsoever.

1. I object to the scenario. A gentle nudge wouldn't push him out into the snow. It would have to be a pretty forceful action, so a red card to him. And another red card for the snowballthrowing winger. A referee coudl also be needed in the queue outside White HArt LAne Station on snowdays to take action against tossers throwing snowballs in the back of people's heads, but that was me digressing.

2. Can't see a problem with that.

3. Not sure about this. I know you are not allowed to shout things to confuse opposing players. For example you can't shout "here" (or whatever people shout in English), when an opposing player has the ball in an effort to make him pass the ball blindly to you. You are also not allowed to shout "my ball" to signal that you are going to challenge for a header for example (you have to say your name) or "leave it" if you want a team mate to let the ball go past him. However, from my experience of playing, referees often let these things go anyway. Shouting near post in a situation liek this should be permitted though, I think.

How big would those contact lenses have to be to stop a keeper seeing which way you were looking? Much bigger than the iris.
Or they'd have to look white.

I always thought until recently that you couldn't call "my ball" or "mine" but apparently there is no actual Law that forbids this.

A ref can caution you for unsporting behaviour if he thinks it is used as a distraction and not a genuine call (and that applies to any verbal utterance - if he thinks it is used to confuse or distract) but not for not actually using thee player's name.

Yeh, c'mon Spursalot......spill the beans.

And then post some more up. Gotta be the least argumentative thread on here right now:)

Huh?

I'll have a look around..

Edit: It's the most recent edition so the answers have yet to be released. However i'll post a different one that has answers.

You-are-the-Ref-Lloris-005.jpg

Last edited:
Back