• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yevhen Konoplyanka

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
Ben Smith from BBC saying on Twitter now that we're in the process of gazumping Liverpool on Yevhen Konoplyanka.

This is the same journalist who broke the story of us doing the same re Siggy 18 months ago.

Could be the signing Willian should have been.

-------------Soldado
Konoplyanka---Eriksen---Lamela

has a really exciting look to it

noooooo......Russians and Ukranians cant hack it in the PL. Plus im sick of nicking ****e players ahead of Liverpool. Let them have them Levy you knob!!!

By the way, for those that don't remember, this is the guy that tore Kyle Walker a massive new one in the international in September.

the 2014 Arshavin......GB meltdown if we dont get this geezer

Ben Smith from BBC saying on Twitter now that we're in the process of gazumping Liverpool on Yevhen Konoplyanka.

This is the same journalist who broke the story of us doing the same re Siggy 18 months ago.

Could be the signing Willian should have been.

-------------Soldado
Konoplyanka---Eriksen---Lamela

has a really exciting look to it

He just says we're interested.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 1h

@Danielfils Yes Spurs are in for Yevhen Konoplyanka. De ja vu for Liverpool

and so does Greg Stobart.

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart 4h

@LorriTurnerReal Just had it confirmed Spurs interest. Last I heard of him was on SSN with Liverpool flying out to sign him!

Seems like nothing major to me tbh.

Last edited:
I remember that game, Walker was made to look out of his depth both for pace and positioning, but I don't know if he is the right guy to make our system (whatever the hell that is) work.

I remember that game, Walker was made to look out of his depth both for pace and positioning, but I don't know if he is the right guy to make our system (whatever the hell that is) work.

He's very close in style to Willian - maybe a bit pacier. Would be ideal on our left in place of Siggy/Chadli and would allow Eriksen to move back to CM.

Can't see him choosing us over Liverpool in all honesty unless we somehow convince him London is Heaven or/and we bid higher than Liverpool/offer him around £10k more per week in wages.

Would like him, but not expecting anything to come of it.

Can't see him choosing us over Liverpool in all honesty unless we somehow convince him London is Heaven or/and we bid higher than Liverpool/offer him around £10k more per week in wages.

Would like him, but not expecting anything to come of it.

I think we could do both those things - pay higher wages and sell London as a location. We might have to let him into the LVG secret to clinch it though.

I'd rather we stayed clear and developed Townsend some more. Here is a lad who's been a Spurs supporter all his life, whose dream was to represent this club, and who's performed well enough since he's been in the side to warrant consecutive England caps....and we're desperately trying to throw him away to sign some Ukrainian who'll whinge for a move to Real in a couple of years if he does well and will be instantly discarded by the supporters if he does not.

Don't want Konoplyanka if it means cutting Townsend out of the picture. Don't actually see what he offers that makes him much better than Townsend anyway, and even if he does turn out to be better in the short term, Townsend's two years younger than him: he'll undoubtedly improve with time.

Buy a damn striker and a left-back. We have enough wingers and midfielders.

I'd rather we stayed clear and developed Townsend some more. Here is a lad who's been a Spurs supporter all his life, whose dream was to represent this club, and who's performed well enough since he's been in the side to warrant consecutive England caps....and we're desperately trying to throw him away to sign some Ukrainian who'll whinge for a move to Real in a couple of years if he does well and will be instantly discarded by the supporters if he does not.

Don't want Konoplyanka if it means cutting Townsend out of the picture. Don't actually see what he offers that makes him much better than Townsend anyway, and even if he does turn out to be better in the short term, Townsend's two years younger than him: he'll undoubtedly improve with time.

Buy a damn striker and a left-back. We have enough wingers and midfielders.

Let Townsend and Lamela compete on the right, while Konoplyanka and Chadli compete on the left.

The big decision we need to make at somepoint is between one of Townsend and Lennon.

I liked him, looks good and we know he plays that LF position. Which is better than shoe-horning (Is that a word?) everyone else to play there (Siggy, Chadli, etc aren't natural there)

I do share Dubai's sentiments though. Townsend can get better with the right support and he will in all likelihood stay with the club through thick and thin, the lad certainly has my support

No-one in their right mind would sign for Tottenham over Liverpool. After years of steady if unspectacular recruitment in the past 5 seasons or so we showed a level of incompetance probably unparalleld in premier league history last summer, ****ing away 100 million pounds. 100 MILLION!

If I was a player I'd look at how, Holtby, Capoue, Chadli, Lamela, Soldado have all wasted months/years of their careers in an absolute farce and tell whoever on the end of the phone from Spurs was to fck off and stop wasting my time.

And when you compare us to Liverpool, a club who have developed a real philosophy, look like their going places on the pitch and have a manager/ executive level pulling in the same direction then its even more laughable.

Are we ever, and I mean ever, going to see Erik Lamela play football? Until we do we should be banned by FIFA from ever engaging in a transfer again. To waste 56 million on two players (Soldado and Lamela) that aren't even in the first team picture is a complete disgrace. That money could have made any premier league team a notch better, but we just ****ed it away. Threw money away and shiit like Chadli too and it appears we're trying to bomb Capoue out now as well.

I don't know who this Ukranian matey is, I don't really give a fck if he is good or not, but I hope we don't sign him - or anyone else for that matter - for the sake of the players and the fans. If we bought him I doubt we'd play him anyway.

He should 100% choose Liverpool over us. And he will choose Liverpool over us. We should slam the cheque book firmly shut until we get our house in order. Buying a winger? fck off. FFS! A left back? Recall our left back on loan? Nope. Another winger. At 18 million. The mind boggles it really does.

No-one in their right mind would sign for Tottenham over Liverpool. After years of steady if unspectacular recruitment in the past 5 seasons or so we showed a level of incompetance probably unparalleld in premier league history last summer, ****ing away 100 million pounds. 100 MILLION!

If I was a player I'd look at how, Holtby, Capoue, Chadli, Lamela, Soldado have all wasted months/years of their careers in an absolute farce and tell whoever on the end of the phone from Spurs was to fck off and stop wasting my time.

And when you compare us to Liverpool, a club who have developed a real philosophy, look like their going places on the pitch and have a manager/ executive level pulling in the same direction then its even more laughable.

Are we ever, and I mean ever, going to see Erik Lamela play football? Until we do we should be banned by FIFA from ever engaging in a transfer again. To waste 56 million on two players (Soldado and Lamela) that aren't even in the first team picture is a complete disgrace. That money could have made any premier league team a notch better, but we just ****ed it away. Threw money away and shiit like Chadli too and it appears we're trying to bomb Capoue out now as well.

I don't know who this Ukranian matey is, I don't really give a fck if he is good or not, but I hope we don't sign him - or anyone else for that matter - for the sake of the players and the fans. If we bought him I doubt we'd play him anyway.

He should 100% choose Liverpool over us. And he will choose Liverpool over us. We should slam the cheque book firmly shut until we get our house in order. Buying a winger? fck off. FFS! A left back? Recall our left back on loan? Nope. Another winger. At 18 million. The mind boggles it really does.

This is why Im falling out of love with Spurs. Modric, Bale, VdV, Berbatov all fantastic players we should have built around and made a successful team.

We shoot ourselves in the foot every single year. Now we have an average side, and signed £100m of players and lets face it we ruin players careers from taking them when they are doing very well, and halt their careers for a year or two.

FNN Ukraine ‏@FNN_Ukraine 19m

Once again Tottenham Hotspurs is out of the race to sign Konoplyanka

FNN Ukraine ‏@FNN_Ukraine 18m

IF Konoplyanka deal with LFC is on then the player will earn £3 Mio per season , sign a 4,5 year contract and wear #11 on his shirt at LFC

FNN Ukraine ‏@FNN_Ukraine 17m

LFC is expecting to finalize the deal in the next 24 hours

FNN - Football News Network.

Like I said, Ben Smith just said we were interested, looks as if we came in too late or too low, either way I can't see us signing him.

Back