• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What is the worst ever decision taken by Daniel Levy as the Spurs chairman ?

What is Daniel Levy's worst decision as Spurs chairman ?

• Total voters
Yep
It’s like the team that lost to Brighton earlier in the season and the one that lost to Saudi Sportswashing Machine
It’s almost exactly the same team actually
And we lost to Bournemouth last season too
Saudi Sportswashing Machine this season? We were unlucky in that game. Today we were just absolute gash.

Last season’s loss to Bournemouth... to a last minute goal when we has 9 men.

Why do you want to make so many excuses for Mourinho?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine this season? We were unlucky in that game. Today we were just absolute gash.

Last season’s loss to Bournemouth... to a last minute goal when we has 9 men.

Why do you want to make so many excuses for Mourinho?
Brighton then?
People seem to forget our league form has been in this negative spin since last Jan vs Burnley (another crunch game bottled)
with Jose I think it comes back to trying to give the guy some time before people judge. I didn’t want him here and made that clear at the time but he is here

maybe I’m an idiot for thinking everyone deserves a chance, especially when the club decides to pay them so much money, but that’s me. I look at what he has done and where he has done it and I do believe that given a chance here he may do something here thAt will appease the trophy hunters

What’s clear as day again is the players need to be made more accountable with the fans ire but everything seems to stop with the manager time and time again. Jose isn’t doing a perfect job, he is at best doing an average job but as I showed earlier Ole who is now setting records had a worse record after 22 games as United full time manager and that was with backing from the board and fans.

Brighton then?
People seem to forget our league form has been in this negative spin since last Jan vs Burnley (another crunch game bottled)
with Jose I think it comes back to trying to give the guy some time before people judge. I didn’t want him here and made that clear at the time but he is here

maybe I’m an idiot for thinking everyone deserves a chance, especially when the club decides to pay them so much money, but that’s me. I look at what he has done and where he has done it and I do believe that given a chance here he may do something here thAt will appease the trophy hunters

What’s clear as day again is the players need to be made more accountable with the fans ire but everything seems to stop with the manager time and time again. Jose isn’t doing a perfect job, he is at best doing an average job but as I showed earlier Ole who is now setting records had a worse record after 22 games as United full time manager and that was with backing from the board and fans.
Things change quickly in football. Arsenal up until a couple of weeks ago were a laughing stock. Southampton got spanked 9-0 and looked down and out under their manager but since then it’s changed. There are many many more examples. We were never going to be dining at the top table forever. Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea. All these big teams have had periods outside the top 4,and they are far bigger and more successful than us so this was inevitable at some point. A few under the radar realistic transfers could really make a big difference, I don’t think it’s outrageous to suggest one of the most successful managers in the history of the game deserves an actual pre season and chance to mould this team the way he wants at least...

I think the displays from the last three games are enough to say that if we'd been relegated it wouldn't all have been down to poch.
Time the players took some responsibility.

“We need a painful rebuild” - summer 2019.
He got Ndombele, 3 players in final year of contract and then 3 weeks after season had started, Lo Celso and an injured Ryan Sessengnon.

people seem to love slagging Poch off, but it’s a simple question, was he right in his assessment in 2019, yes or no?

it’s again a simple dynamic of a chairman thinking he knows better on sporting matters on the pitch and being proven wrong. anyone who watched The Last Dance will recognise this.

He got Ndombele, 3 players in final year of contract and then 3 weeks after season had started, Lo Celso and an injured Ryan Sessengnon.

people seem to love slagging Poch off, but it’s a simple question, was he right in his assessment in 2019, yes or no?

it’s again a simple dynamic of a chairman thinking he knows better on sporting matters on the pitch and being proven wrong. anyone who watched The Last Dance will recognise this.

As I've said elsewhere some of us seen it coming. I hoped we'd got away with it, CL final and qualified again was more than I hoped for.
Signings are always a gamble, not getting it done early, faffing around with fernadez helped enforce a negative narrative. the turmoil around us didn't help them settle in, and there's obviously a culture at the club that is unwilling to go the extra yard.
Ultimately I think it's come down a slow and steady attitude from Levy clashing with poch wanting to grab the chance by the neck and go for it.
My heart says poch was right, my head says Levy was right.
The sad thing is that two people who seemed to have been so attuned and were taking us forward couldn't find a compromise and sort it out.
I want to know what tripper was hinting at when he left.

The transfer window closed before the season started so you might want to check your notes there

The answer is obviously buying and repairing a club supported by such impetuous, impatient, ungrateful clams.
THFC have made Levy a very, VERY rich man. Some of that increased value is through his good work. Some of it is due to football booming. Levy and Lewis were clever in realising that football as an entertainment industry (although one of those words in that sentence seems alien to Mourinho) was significantly undervalued.

The transfer window closed before the season started so you might want to check your notes there

You're right, apologies.

What i shoud have said is we signed Lo Celso so late into the Summer that he missed an entirety of pre-season with us and couldn't start a game for the first 5 games where he was a late substitute. In that time we lost to Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home. Then he got injured which no one could have foresaw of course.

However, my point is, going into the start of a new season with one signing in the summer (after the manager said we need a painful rebuild), and the other two coming at a point where they couldn't even play when they arrived, is brick. You can argue it's great if you want, i think it's brick.

So back to my point, Poch said the team was done. People are now sitting here going "yeh the team is done". What we did was sack the best manager we've probably ever had, and now have a manager who's led us to a new record as being the first team to ever play Bournemouth and not even register a shot on goal. Wahey!

Taking 20 years to do the stadium.

whilst it’s clearly not all on him - the impact of a shiney new stadium isn’t what it was.

it also distracted from everything else.

THFC have made Levy a very, VERY rich man. Some of that increased value is through his good work. Some of it is due to football booming. Levy and Lewis were clever in realising that football as an entertainment industry (although one of those words in that sentence seems alien to Mourinho) was significantly undervalued.
I’d argue it’s over valued now myself hence the crazy vale out on football clubs like ours and United with debt mountains sat there on the balance sheet but it’s all made him a very rich man as you say

Biggest mistake for me is bringing in Jose.
There's been other things he's done that I've disagreed with but I could see why they were done, but I don't see the logic in Jose.
I'm not a jose hater, far from it, and as long as he is here he will have my full support, but it just doesn't seem like a good fit for us.
Hope I'm wrong but I don't see it ending well.

Taking 20 years to do the stadium.

whilst it’s clearly not all on him - the impact of a shiney new stadium isn’t what it was.

it also distracted from everything else.

I think you underestimate the projected increase in revenue that the stadium will bring to the club - we have always been adrift of the big clubs financially* and first year in we've already moved above Chelsea/Arsenal - once the multipurpose aspect really kicks in we'll only have United and City with more clout imo

Obviously doesn't mean it'll be spent right or at sll but the stadium very much can be the game changer we want it to be

*at one point our revenue was closer to the bottom of the league than it was the side above us on the ladder iirc

I think you underestimate the projected increase in revenue that the stadium will bring to the club - we have always been adrift of the big clubs financially* and first year in we've already moved above Chelsea/Arsenal - once the multipurpose aspect really kicks in we'll only have United and City with more clout imo

Obviously doesn't mean it'll be spent right or at sll but the stadium very much can be the game changer we want it to be

*at one point our revenue was closer to the bottom of the league than it was the side above us on the ladder iirc

To be fair I don’t think us rising above Chelsea / Arsenal was due to playing a handful of games in the new stadium, I think it was due to our consistent CL qualification, culminating in reaching the final.

Edit: source:
(Agree that going forward the new stadium will increase revenue a lot though (at least post-covid))

You're right, apologies.

What i shoud have said is we signed Lo Celso so late into the Summer that he missed an entirety of pre-season with us and couldn't start a game for the first 5 games where he was a late substitute. In that time we lost to Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home. Then he got injured which no one could have foresaw of course.

However, my point is, going into the start of a new season with one signing in the summer (after the manager said we need a painful rebuild), and the other two coming at a point where they couldn't even play when they arrived, is brick. You can argue it's great if you want, i think it's brick.

So back to my point, Poch said the team was done. People are now sitting here going "yeh the team is done". What we did was sack the best manager we've probably ever had, and now have a manager who's led us to a new record as being the first team to ever play Bournemouth and not even register a shot on goal. Wahey!

We aren't the first side to buy players late in the window and we won't be the last - in fact i believe the stat is the majority of deals get done in the last week of the window. Lo Celso was at the Copa America that summer and didn't return to training until a week or so before the move, Sessegnon was injured - so the impact in these particular instances aren't major. I do agree it's frustrating the way deals drag on though, just in the grand scheme of things it's not that big of a deal, just an annoyance/inconvenience.

You won't get any argument from me that Poch wasn't backed well enough on the rebuild or that he had to make do with committee signings for the most part towards the end of his time.

It sucks but at the same time i don't need to look for a bogeyman to blame everything on and can appreciate that balancing the build of a stadium alongside the day to day running of a football club is a tough gig.

Biggest mistake for me is bringing in Jose.
There's been other things he's done that I've disagreed with but I could see why they were done, but I don't see the logic in Jose.
I'm not a jose hater, far from it, and as long as he is here he will have my full support, but it just doesn't seem like a good fit for us.
Hope I'm wrong but I don't see it ending well.

Its the lack of consistency:

Santini to Jol
Jol to Ramos
Ramos to 'Arry
'Arry to AVB
AVB to Sherwood
Sherwood to Poch
Poch to Jose

absolute zero continuity, in fact i'd go as far as saying the approaches from management are polarised entirely between each change.

Back