• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Wigan Athletic OMT ***

fudge me I've read some brick on here but this...
Yeaaa Sandro is injured and probably out of our next few games against Emirates Marketing Project and arse away - magnificent
Sigi - he's a revelation, where's he been all season? Oh yea!

Carroll I agree on but please...

Sandro being injured is a sign that AVB is NOT utilizing his full squad and rotating where he needs to be. Infact most of our CM injuries (bar Parker) could be attributed to AVB's lack of rest and having Sandro, Dembele playing both EL and League games. In the short term Sandro being injured is BAD but in terms of AVB learning to trust the youth with lesser competitions and managing his star players for the League then the injury is GOOD! He honestly cannot continue to push his players like this and expect everything to turn out well.

Sig has played better at CM then AM, that is a fact. I never compared him to anyone else,i just made a observation. Where has he been all season, apparently playing in the wrong position in a system that does not suit him.

Yesterday was so bad that I missed Pavlyuchenko

pav_180092.gif

Sandro being injured is a sign that AVB is NOT utilizing his full squad and rotating where he needs to be. Infact most of our CM injuries (bar Parker) could be attributed to AVB's lack of rest and having Sandro, Dembele playing both EL and League games. In the short term Sandro being injured is BAD but in terms of AVB learning to trust the youth with lesser competitions and managing his star players for the League then the injury is GOOD! He honestly cannot continue to push his players like this and expect everything to turn out well.

Sig has played better at CM then AM, that is a fact. I never compared him to anyone else,i just made a observation. Where has he been all season, apparently playing in the wrong position in a system that does not suit him.

Dembele did his hip in a Belgium game. It's highly unlikely that particular injury was down to AVB's relentless grinding-down of the lads.
Sandro felt a muscle tweak. Again, highly unlikely that's because he played in the EL games. Though I fail to see how we'll ever learn to get over the midweek hoodoo if we continue to treat said midweek games as glorified friendlies. The only solution we've found to the problem of midweek fatigue has been to rest all the first-teamers for the games and play the youth and fringe players. That's not a permanent solution; if we do eventually get back into the CL, we will have to adjust to playing a high-profile game in mid-week and then a league game on the weekend. in 10/11, our results after CL games weren't the most impressive, if I recall correctly (losing to Blackpool after beating Milan being an example), so I can't say I blame AVB for trying to shift that particular demon.

For me, this first half of the season depends on Dembele's fitness. If he's fit, our chances are improved and I will expect results. If he's out, our team looks slow, uninspired and clueless, and I'm not blaming AVB for Levy's failure to bring in proper cover for him. Ergo, I expect nothing from said games. In fact, this entire first half of the season's a learning curve for Andre and the lads, so expecting us to be bashing teams about left, right and center is excessive in itself.

Considering the mediocre players we brought in to replace him since (3rd choice striker) - if anything - we haven't improved on him one bit, imho.

It was always going to be very difficult to replace Pavly as the 3rd striker. He is miles better than Saha or Dempsey especially when it comes to scoring goals.

Dembele did his hip in a Belgium game. It's highly unlikely that particular injury was down to AVB's relentless grinding-down of the lads.
Sandro felt a muscle tweak. Again, highly unlikely that's because he played in the EL games. Though I fail to see how we'll ever learn to get over the midweek hoodoo if we continue to treat said midweek games as glorified friendlies. The only solution we've found to the problem of midweek fatigue has been to rest all the first-teamers for the games and play the youth and fringe players. That's not a permanent solution; if we do eventually get back into the CL, we will have to adjust to playing a high-profile game in mid-week and then a league game on the weekend. in 10/11, our results after CL games weren't the most impressive, if I recall correctly (losing to Blackpool after beating Milan being an example), so I can't say I blame AVB for trying to shift that particular demon.

For me, this first half of the season depends on Dembele's fitness. If he's fit, our chances are improved and I will expect results. If he's out, our team looks slow, uninspired and clueless, and I'm not blaming AVB for Levy's failure to bring in proper cover for him. Ergo, I expect nothing from said games. In fact, this entire first half of the season's a learning curve for Andre and the lads, so expecting us to be bashing teams about left, right and center is excessive in itself.

I really do not see how AVB is comparing the recovery time between the CL and EL. For starters CL alternates on Tues/Wed with the earliest game being Saturday and arguable less traveling. So worst case you have two days for recovery/prep, best case you have three. EL is set for thursdays with some hectic traveling involved, this plays significantly into player performance.

Back