• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

I personally don't think that Dier has been poor overall at CB. He's had some bad games and I think that CB is one of those positions where you can be made to look poor with lack of adequate protection. No doubts that he was responsible for some truly shocking decision making, but he is young. Remember some of the mistakes a young Rio Ferdinand made. He's the sort of player that I know would be hurting from this and would work tirelessly to improve.

I personally don't think that Dier has been poor overall at CB. He's had some bad games and I think that CB is one of those positions where you can be made to look poor with lack of adequate protection. No doubts that he was responsible for some truly shocking decision making, but he is young. Remember some of the mistakes a young Rio Ferdinand made. He's the sort of player that I know would be hurting from this and would work tirelessly to improve.

To much sense in that post for some mate.

Wimmer's poor performance is understandable considering his lack of match fitness. He is not getting enough time at Spurs and I dont blame him if he throws a sissy fit and asks to be played or be allowed to leave.

Yeah, fair - didn't say it was Wimmer's fault, just saying that no defender came out of the Wycombe game with much credit.

Simply awful and has been for months, is pretty much costing us a goal a game currently, needs resting for a while

THIS!

Just posted this in the Alli thread when it was suggested Dier is this weeks' spacegoat..prob should've been posted here… But Dier a spacegoat for just this week??? He's been fudging woeful for some time now.
He just doesn't look switched on. Positionally he's slackened. He's making the kind of on-the-ball errors that Walker used to get lambasted for. I think he's lost his identity in the team as a result of Wanyama's arrival and he isn't cutting it back at CB.

THIS!

Just posted this in the Alli thread when it was suggested Dier is this weeks' escaped goat..prob should've been posted here… But Dier a escaped goat for just this week??? He's been fudging woeful for some time now.
He just doesn't look switched on. Positionally he's slackened. He's making the kind of on-the-ball errors that Walker used to get lambasted for. I think he's lost his identity in the team as a result of Wanyama's arrival and he isn't cutting it back at CB.

I think that he has always played at a similar level in defence. He is a little too slow and uncomposed in the position. Certainly compared to our first choices.

After Wimmer's excellent deputising for Jan last season, and Dier looking consistently poor at CB this season (but brilliant at DM last season), I do find it odd how relentlessly Poch is playing Dier at CB over Wimmer.

Think Dier is just far too nonchalant at CB so far.

After Wimmer's excellent deputising for Jan last season, and Dier looking consistently poor at CB this season (but brilliant at DM last season), I do find it odd how relentlessly Poch is playing Dier at CB over Wimmer.

Think Dier is just far too nonchalant at CB so far.

Wimmer plays on the left though and that's verts side

Dier is cover for Toby or plays right in a back 3

Dier has always been seen as a long term CB, I read somewhere that Poch feels very strongly that he is the future

You and your tactics and using facts and stuff.. No place for that here.

I thought I was stating the obvious

I like Dier

Hell I'll go so far as day he is the best English centre back out there now although the standards are at an all time low

Yesterday he made a mistake but with ten men chasing a game it happens

He really can't have been as bad as some have said otherwise we wouldn't have the best defence in the league despite missing our two best centre backs for chunks of the season

To me he's always flat footed.....on corners he's not on his toe's, he lost his man on the their first goal last night, for a tall bloke he can't get up to the ball, he should be able to..... their second goal he tried to play offside, fair enough try it but only when the man on the ball is being pressurized never when he has time.

He tends to make basic errors which can be rectified, hopefully, Liverpool 's second goal, dilly dalling where he was caught with the ball, always in third gear with me never in top speed he should look at Wanyama on how he tackles and being aware on the pitch.

To me he's always flat footed.....on corners he's not on his toe's, he lost his man on the their first goal last night, for a tall bloke he can't get up to the ball, he should be able to..... their second goal he tried to play offside, fair enough try it but only when the man on the ball is being pressurized never when he has time.

He tends to make basic errors which can be rectified, hopefully, Liverpool 's second goal, dilly dalling where he was caught with the ball, always in third gear with me never in top speed he should look at Wanyama on how he tackles and being aware on the pitch.

Maybe he is knackered as he simply hasn't stopped since signing for us

Back