• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

I watch football in the evenings purley because it beats all the other cr*p that is on, but with light evenings I can find better things to do with my time. I guess that is the problem, football is now on in the evenings to stop men having to watch call the midwife.

VAR also massively ruined my enjoyment of live football.

It has for the majority of fans i speak to.

Hopefully he gets picked in England’s squad for Euros, so we can get a decent transfer fee in the summer…

Centre backs are the main weakness of the England squad. Maguire isn't international class and he's seemingly our first pick. I hope Dier doesn't ruin the Euros for me, the same way he's ruined watching Spurs this season.

Just watching the battle of the bridge game on sky, I'd forgotten how much better he actually was in midfield. He looks surprisingly mobile. I miss that team

Dropped from the England squad. I think he’s the first person who should be out the door in the summer but I can’t see us selling him. He’s still somewhat of a fan favourite for some reason, I think it’s because he says all the right things, wanted to have his ashes scattered on the pitch etc. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s our first choice CB for the first game next season.

Ugh. Levy favourite. Not fans favourite.
Dropped from the England squad. I think he’s the first person who should be out the door in the summer but I can’t see us selling him. He’s still somewhat of a fan favourite for some reason, I think it’s because he says all the right things, wanted to have his ashes scattered on the pitch etc. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s our first choice CB for the first game next season.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The fact that we wouldn't pay the £45m for Skriniar suggests that there was zero chance we'd have paid significantly more for Dias.

Exactly, and the Dias fee was a heft up front in cash (Benfica didn't budge) +add ons, +agent.

He was a possibility until the moment City got in the game .. click bait brick from Romano as usual

Exactly, and the Dias fee was a heft up front in cash (Benfica didn't budge) +add ons, +agent.

He was a possibility until the moment City got in the game .. click bait brick from Romano as usual

Just says Levy needs to be less creative by adding haribos, pot noodles and a few tickets to see the dog race.

I am absolutely gutted that at the moment it seems we may have Dier starting for us this season, it absolutely feels me with dread.

Even though Toby is past his best I rate both him and Tanganga as better central defenders. It concerns me that one has been sold and it looks like the other is going out on loan.

Dier is one paced, and that is slow, he is good in the air only if he does not have to compete for an aerial ball because he only seems to get a few inches off the ground when he jumps, and then there is his decision making or lack off, it still leaves me afraid, very afraid.

Last edited:
I am absolutely gutted that at the moment it seems we may have Dier starting for us thus season, it absolutely feels me with dread.

Even though Toby is past his best I rate both him and Tanganga as better central defenders. It concerns me that one has been sold and it looks like the other is going out on loan.

Dier is one paced, and that is slow, he is good in the air only if he does not have to compete for an aerial ball because he only seems to get a few inches off the ground when he jumps, and then there is his decision making or lack off, it still leaves me afraid, very afraid.

I don't see Dier as a starter (post perhaps first couple of games)

Right now -> CB pairing looks like Romero (huge upgrade) + Rodon
Still talk of us pursuing other CB's even though Romero is pretty much done.

I share your concern that we are stuck with him (Sanchez will be sold), but don't see him as a starter

I don't see Dier as a starter (post perhaps first couple of games)

Right now -> CB pairing looks like Romero (huge upgrade) + Rodon
Still talk of us pursuing other CB's even though Romero is pretty much done.

I share your concern that we are stuck with him (Sanchez will be sold), but don't see him as a starter

I hope you are right, but the fact that Rodon has hardly played under Nuno means I cannot be sure how high up the list he is. Let's face it he was no where to be seen under Mourinho, so one just never knows

Back