• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Thought he played quite well today, a couple of dodgy long range passes aside.
He certainly seems to be growing into the CB role, and playing alongside a back-in-form Toby must be helping him enormously.
Oh, and - unless he's the CB designated to stay back - he should be first choice on free kick duty (at least until Bale gets his mojo back).

He certainly seems to be growing into the CB role, and playing alongside a back-in-form Toby must be helping him enormously.
Oh, and - unless he's the CB designated to stay back - he should be first choice on free kick duty (at least until Bale gets his mojo back).
Agree. I know Kane's top dog but he should step aside...he loves stats, so his free kick stats should tell him it's a fair cop.

Eh. He got beaten in the air too much for my liking, and he did that thing again where he gets the ball, looks up, strides purposefully forward looking for options...and passes it straight to a surprised opponent, who then starts a counter.

Eh. He got beaten in the air too much for my liking, and he did that thing again where he gets the ball, looks up, strides purposefully forward looking for options...and passes it straight to a surprised opponent, who then starts a counter.
Palace didnt really counter much at all. They had quite a bit of the ball and were trying to work out what to do with it
The one time he did give it to them they went sideways with it as that was their game plan
I thought he had a good game

Didn’t think he was quite as disciplined on Sunday he got caught out a few times when stepping into midfield to intercept.

he's there for us but any CB in his position would as JM allows teams to attack when we sit back.
we need a top CB in that role, not just some one who can do the job.
Dier can be back up, but we need better and someone who can be stronger at set pieces.
He lost he player for the pool goal and went down to hide it from what i saw.

he's there for us but any CB in his position would as JM allows teams to attack when we sit back.
we need a top CB in that role, not just some one who can do the job.
Dier can be back up, but we need better and someone who can be stronger at set pieces.
He lost he player for the pool goal and went down to hide it from what i saw.
I’m far from convinced he went down to hide
He felt the push in his back which was a planned move and just enough to delay him. He went down like most players do (Kane earlier held his head for a similar fake injury) expecting the ref to pick it up or at least VAR. it wasn’t enough IMO to knock him over but it was enough to stop his movement
Dier doesn’t hide. I don’t believe any player under Jose gets the chance to hide as he will make players constantly accountable

I’m not sure whether Jose will replace Dier or Toby when he manages to bring in a new centre half. IMO Toby is still the better of the two but time isn’t on his side. In many ways this would be the ideal time to do a Liverpool and go and spend mega bucks on a player like Upemacano. Power, pace, physicality and reasonable ability on the ball. Just that single signing in defence could be the difference maker for us in terms of our team being complete.

I’m not sure whether Jose will replace Dier or Toby when he manages to bring in a new centre half. IMO Toby is still the better of the two but time isn’t on his side. In many ways this would be the ideal time to do a Liverpool and go and spend mega bucks on a player like Upemacano. Power, pace, physicality and reasonable ability on the ball. Just that single signing in defence could be the difference maker for us in terms of our team being complete.
Upemecano is off to Bayern. Id love a signing like that
Maybe, just maybe Rondon is the answer and needs time to get games

Back