• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Three In And Three Out, Who Will It Be?

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
We might not eventually buy or sell that many, but who are most likely to come or go?

In:

Yedlin
Rodriguez
Mitrovic [-o<

Out:

Paulinho
Chiriches
Ade

I only think we need to bring in 2-3 players max to increase our squad efficiency, but need to lose 7-8.

In:
Not gonna count Yedlin as he's ours already.
Rodriguez (can play at both (#9 and #10).
Schneiderlin
Bale (he's homesick).

Out:
Dembele
Capoue
Ade

In:
Rodriquez
Schneiderlin
Jackson Martinez

Out:
Dembele
Townsend (Both to Southampton to compensate for the above 2)
Ade

Completely forgot about Townsend. If Rodriguez happens he will most likely be off, yeah.

Out: Ade, Vlad or Kaboul, Townsend

In: Yedlin, Pacey Striker, experienced midfielder (In is more my wish or obvious list)

Out: Ade, Vlad and Pauline

In: Benteke, Konyplanko (pacy winger) and a young Roy Keane (is that Schneiderlin?)

Out:

Vlad - apparently buyers are still interested in the guy: his recent renaissance at RB won't last long given Walker's imminent return, so best to let him go and free up a space.
Dembele - if we can shift him, we should: his confidence looks shattered, and his effectiveness has declined year on year since he joined us - best get what we can for him and free up the squad space.
Naughton - no need for him given incomings, and his price will remain relatively high given the relatively considerable playing time afforded to him over the past half-season.

In -

Poch's ideal wishlist -

Jay Rodriguez, England, 26 - left wing forward/centre forward, perfect foil for the rampaging Rose down the left and a faster option than Chadli when cutting inside/pressing high up the pitch.
Morgan Schneiderlin, France, 25 - Modric replacement - deep-lying playmaker with accurate long passes and metronomic distribution, combined with a great tactical awareness of Poch's system and tigerish defensive abilities / work-rate.
Hector Moreno, Mexico, 26 - Fully aware of Poch's system, loyal lieutenant on the field, leader in the dressing room, good centre-back in his own right.

Levy's ideal wishlist -

Egemen Korkmaz, Turkey, 32 -Centre-back, Free Transfer
Prince Wleh, Liberia, 30 - Midfielder, Free Transfer
Eric Mintsa Biyo'o, Gabon, 31 - Forward, Free transfer

Baldini's ideal wishlist -

Mattia Destro, Italy, 23 - Forward, AS Roma
Daniele De Rossi, Italy, 31 - Midfielder, AS Roma
Davide Astori, Italy, 27 - Defender, AS Roma

Actual, realistic scenario -

Ins:

Deandre Yedlin, USA, 21 - RB, fills our RB hole and provides genuine cover for Walker.

Hope against hope that Levy finally learns scenario:

Ins:

DeAndre Yedlin, USA, 21
Jay Rodriguez, England, 26
Hector Moreno, Mexico, 26

Last edited:
Out:

Vlad - apparently buyers are still interested in the guy: his recent renaissance at RB won't last long given Walker's imminent return, so best to let him go and free up a space.
Dembele - if we can shift him, we should: his confidence looks shattered, and his effectiveness has declined year on year since he joined us - best get what we can for him and free up the squad space.
Naughton - no need for him given incomings, and his price will remain relatively high given the relatively considerable playing time afforded to him over the past half-season.

Levy's ideal wishlist -

Egemen Korkmaz, Turkey, 32 -Centre-back, Free Transfer
Prince Wleh, Liberia, 30 - Midfielder, Free Transfer
Eric Mintsa Biyo'o, Gabon, 31 - Forward, Free transfer

Mate, know you have a hate for Levy's transfers, but not in anyone's wildest dreams does Levy's wish list contain 3 players over 30 .. never ..

Mate, know you have a hate for Levy's transfers, but not in anyone's wildest dreams does Levy's wish list contain 3 players over 30 .. never ..

Ryan Nelsen - 35 in January 2012, Free transfer.
Louis Saha - 34 in January 2012, Free transfer.

Is it really a stretch to assume that he wouldn't be averse to adding one more to the list? :p

Obviously Yedlin will be coming in, assuming this visa thing is sorted. I'd assume now the Sounders are out of the play-offs he'll be getting that sorted. It will be interesting to see what happens with him as we have Walker, NAughton as natural RB's already at the club and also Dier who can play there. So we are not desperate in that position. Might be the case of bring him in for some training then send him for a month or two to the Championship to play in an English league before joining up properly next season. However if can shift Naughton in January then he'd obviously be able to take a place in the squad.

Other than that how much money will we spend? Our squad is full,no? In terms of registered players. So one out one in. Could do with another striker maybe get one in on loan.
If we can shift Adebayor that would be a plus, I see Henry is leaving the Red-Bulls so potential there for another designated player. He'd probably get a 4-5 year deal there still.

Yedlin and then bring back Pritchard and Carroll from loan.

Sell Naughton, Dembele and Capoue. (Though I wouldn't stop at those three).

Yedlin will probably arrive in January.

Aside from that, I suspect Spurs management would like to make a few changes to the squad... whether they can do so or not is another thing entirely... there's never much movement in January despite the constant media hype. Teams are understandably reluctant to part with good players halfway through a season (and I'd like to think Spurs are only interested in good players).

All the same, if I was Levy I'd be happy with Pochettino so far. I know we've played some dire football this season (some of it reminiscent of the 1990s... and I don't say that lightly!) but he's managed to keep us well in contention for fourth (which is as much as any of us could have hoped for this season), qualified for the knock-out stages in Europe and we're in the quarter finals of the league cup. And all the while it seems clear he has been battling against a pretty negative culture within the club - which reached all the way up to the "senior players" we are told. So I feel optimistic when I think what we could achieve if Levy allows the manager to ship out those players who are unresponsive to his methods and bring in a few upgrades.

I'd actually like to see us do some business in January. This was always a transitional season in my eyes. Of course, Spurs seem to have one of them every year. But if we make some changes now, we can have them "bedded in" by the end of the season. That way next season won't have to be transitional.

So with that in mind (Three In and Six Out)...

OUT:
Adebayor (free transfer - just get him off the books; even if we have to top up his wages with 30k a week for a season; it still makes sense for us to cut our losses).
Kaboul (quite aside from the rumours of him being disruptive, he's just not the player he was and isn't good enough for us any more. Sorry, but that's what I feel. He'd do a job in a weaker league).
Capoue (most of our "magnificent seven" signings have been disappointing. But some of them, like Lamela, have at least shown flashes of brilliance. At best, Capoue has shown flashes of competence).
Townsend (I don't see what everyone else sees in him. Maybe he'll be a star some day and I'll be proved wrong but I simply don't see it. I'd sell him now while he still has a little bit of profile).
Chiriches (Like Capoue, he just hasn't shown enough in my view. We need a stronger defence).
Paulinho (I *SO* wanted this guy to succeed. in fact, not since Postiga have I so wanted a player to succeed. I wanted him to be like a Brazilian Carrick... solid and with an eye for a great pass but with added South American pace and flair. If we can recoup what we paid for him, I'd do it in a heartbeat - I don't need to poach Southampton's head of recruitment to know we can get a better midfielder than Paulinho for £17m.

IN:
Whoever the hell Pochettino wants! But off the top of my head...
Striker (Rodriguez?)
Central defender (Moreno?)
Midfielder (Schneiderlin?)

With Yedlin arriving (as backup to Walker and Naughton initially), Dier can start proving himself at centre back and - along with Moreno (or A.N. Other) - will cover the loss of Kaboul and Chiriches.

I think we're pretty well stacked in midfield, so losing Towsend, Capoue and Paulinho but only bringing in one new midfielder shouldn't be a big issue.

Right now, replacing Adebayor with Gary Doherty would be an improvement. If Pochettino likes Rodriguez then we should go all-out for him. I've not seen enough of him to have a position on whether he's good enough or not.

Last edited:
Out - Dembele, Paulinho, Townsend

These 3 are who I believe could be moved on or certainly 2/3. I want ADE gone.

In - Tielmans and Volland.

I'd be sad to see Townsend go. I think there have been recent signs he is responding to Poch's coaching (consciously looking for the pass, rather than shooting etc.). I do think he has both the raw talent and mentality to make it.

For me:

Out: Ade, Capoue and Kaboul

I think that's a complete given now due to the off-field business. I do expect Paulinho and Chiriches will go too, though the latter only if we a new CB in (as otherwise we'd be left with just 3).

In: Moreno, Rodriguez and Cabeye

I'm confident about the first, think the second will be our big saga of the window with outcome unpredictable, and I expect we'll persist with Dembele as our 4th CM till the summer and then finally get a Schneiderlin or Cabeye

Two points about Yedlin:

i) Can we actually recall a player who has gone on season-long loan, I thought there were rules against that?

ii) If we do the Yedlin-Naughton swap now, we're already two overseas players above the limit, so that would take us to 3. We'd maybe have to recall Archer and pension off Friedel to offset bringing in another O/S for a HG.

Back