• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The new, new manager thread - Pt 3

how many back room staff folks are talking about replacing? i assume freund is still around and we now have to also find a U21 coach.

poch did punch above his weight last season, but what about soton's youth academy staff - they're the ones responsible for quite a number of success stories and a real track record.

I think Fulham already nicked their head honcho a few seasons back (hence Fulham's own progression in terms of youth football).

There is absolutely nothing at all wrong with our academy set up however. Our scouting and recruitment are good, our coaching is very good and our facilities are amazing. We are in the top 5 in the UK for youth football without a doubt.

how many back room staff folks are talking about replacing? i assume freund is still around and we now have to also find a U21 coach.

poch did punch above his weight last season, but what about soton's youth academy staff - they're the ones responsible for quite a number of success stories and a real track record.

Poch has 3 senior backroom staff (assistant manager, first team coach and GK coach) + a junior technical assistant. The rest all pre-date him at Soton and will likely stay.

There's still room for Freund around the first team, but wonder whether he might get the U21s job (as well).

I assume Ferdinand and Ramsey will follow Timmeh when (or if, considering how badly he apparently ballsed up the Brighton interview) he gets a job.

Poch has 3 senior backroom staff (assistant manager, first team coach and GK coach) + a junior technical assistant. The rest all pre-date him at Soton and will likely stay.

There's still room for Freund around the first team, but wonder whether he might get the U21s job (as well).

I assume Ferdinand and Ramsey will follow Timmeh when (or if, considering how badly he apparently ballsed up the Brighton interview) he gets a job.

Oh yeah? What happened there?

Hello Mart!

Yes decent season, if we had a striker and a keeper for first 6 games we would have won it!

No title push for me mate, stepped down! Joined the North Wales spurs supporters club and im having a season watching spurs as much as my bank balance (and patience) will allow!

Hope you and the wife are well mate

Nice one. Is that with the Angelsey lads? I remember they used to run a minibus to the home games on a regualr basis. Will probably see you around. A couple of extra doable away games next season with Burnley and Leicester coming up.

Me and Jane are fine, just gonna be a bit bored for the next 2 months. I've got my bowling to keep me occupied a few nights a week, but still, roll on August 9th or 10th for the pre-season friendly

Back from honeymoon....been intentionally avoiding all things spurs!

So timbo's gone.... wtf is going on with my club??? is jurgen klopp begging us for a job???

I have known a fair few people (both Spurs and opposition fans) who have the view that the new stadium will hamper our spending. It will have the exact opposite effect. The new stadium is likely to increase our revenue by approx £30M to £50M per season, with interest/repayment costs being far lower than that (otherwise what is the point in building it in the first place?) Our new stadium would enable us to grow our wage bill alone by at least £20M per season. Or put another way that is 4 £100,000 a week players.

The club has the finances in place for the new stadium based on bank loans that will be repaid by increase in revenues from tickets and corporate income.

Simeone unrealistic?? His team is about to be pulled to shreds with the board pocketing the funds....as for where he would go, all the top jobs in Europe are taken and look safe, only have to look at the Prem as an example, not one club above us that would have space for him. France the same apart for Monaco, Italy the same, Spain exactly the same, Germany? Both top jobs sown up...

Very wise.

Yup. Re-homed on ITV though.

Business as usual.

Yes, but the fax machine at Spurs Lodge (or whatever it's called) is ****ed so we don't know about it.

Cool.

so seems as if were in advanced talks with poch according to BBC...gotta say if he can get us playing the southampton way that would be amazing, though they were a bit frail at the back last season...could be a good fit for us.

We really do need someone in for June 1 and get planning for next season......really hope GB didnt take LVG rocking up at old trafford to badly??? noticed he's changed his avatar\o/

Cool.

so seems as if were in advanced talks with poch according to BBC...gotta say if he can get us playing the southampton way that would be amazing, though they were a bit frail at the back last season...could be a good fit for us.

We really do need someone in for June 1 and get planning for next season......really hope GB didnt take LVG rocking up at old trafford to badly??? noticed he's changed his avatar\o/

Yeah he's such a slut. ;)

Levy hasnt got a clue. Is Pochetino the big manager we have expected for the last ten years?

He is bringing him in so the guy can get some of the money back on the 100m we ****ed up last season.

As for Pochetino, dont really like the manager, and I dont like the man.

Will be sacked before Christmas.

I take it the poch doesnt like lloris

Is pochettino actually official yet?

Who: The Goat
Where: SC
When: 27th May

Word is reaching The Goat that the deal for Pochettino and his team has been agreed and was due to be signed today.

Really underwhelmed if this is the man we sacked AVB to eventually get in. Only on his second club and the first he lead to last place in La Liga before getting sacked. Lucky to inherit a decent team in Southampton with some rising stars and now after 1 and a half years of mediocrity with the saints we are going to give him a big job.

Preffered FDB all the way. history of attacking football, promoting youth and a nature of winning. Guy was gagging to come and we go for Poch. Deary me. As always I hope im proved wrong. I just want my team to play well and do well.

Really underwhelmed if this is the man we sacked AVB to eventually get in. Only on his second club and the first he lead to last place in La Liga before getting sacked. Lucky to inherit a decent team in Southampton with some rising stars and now after 1 and a half years of mediocrity with the saints we are going to give him a big job.

Preffered FDB all the way. history of attacking football, promoting youth and a nature of winning. Guy was gagging to come and we go for Poch. Deary me. As always I hope im proved wrong. I just want my team to play well and do well.

Like you I was all for FdB after LvG joined Utd, but I think under Poch we will see the return of the kind of football Spurs fans desire whilst at the same time maintaining that push for top 4 every season and I'll be quite happy with that.

Southampton Daily Echo are running a live feed on this: http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11237094.Pochettino_to_leave_Saints__Live_news_and_reaction/

The Daily Echo's sport reporters are getting word that an announcement is imminent about the the future of Mauricio Pochettino.

It looks as if Pochettino has signed a five year deal at White Hart Lane, although that has yet to be confirmed officially.

If Pochettino's contract at Spurs is for five years, the last Tottenham manager to have the reigns for that long was Keith Burkinshaw, who was in charge between 1976 and 1984.

There will also be a message from Pochettino to Saints fans, it is understood.

Back