• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Most Wasted Transfer Fees Ever!!!

Dicko

Edgar Davids
It's been a while since this discussion last came up but there's been plenty of dodgy transfer fees paid over recent years...

Having been reminded in the Villa OMT that City signed James Milner for 26m it made me think what worse ones have there been?

I'll start with Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson... 50mill tinkled right up the wall!

Any better ones?

Ruel Fox. ?ú5m I think. Jeez....
Dean Richards ?ú8.25m.
Rebrov ?ú11m
Postiga ?ú8m+
Bentley don't even want to think!
Pav ?ú14m

How much was Ramon Vega?
How much was John Scales?

And did Rasiak cost anything? We were raped if he did.

Dean Richards ?ú8.25m.
Rebrov ?ú11m
Postiga ?ú8m+
Pav ?ú14m

How much was Ramon Vega?

Yes. He cost us everytime he played!

Dean Richards ?ú8.25m.
Rebrov ?ú11m
Postiga ?ú8m+
Pav ?ú14m

How much was Ramon Vega?

I don't see how you can put Pav on that list? He scored 50 goals for us and had a decent return

Shiimbomba's 2nd stint. Roughly a ?ú1M loss for 3 league appearances.

Still, at least his agent got a couple of quid out of it.

Dean Richards ?ú8.25m.
Rebrov ?ú11m
Postiga ?ú8m+
Pav ?ú14m

How much was Ramon Vega?

Ruel Fox was an ok player.
Dean Richards also wasn't a bad defender.
Contrary to popular belief Rebrov also had a decent first season under George Graham (13 goals I think it was which isn't bad when adapting) and then it was only when Hoddle came in and decided he wanted 67 year old Teddy Sherringham that Rebrov got shifted first out wide and then out on loan.
Postiga - definite waste of money
Bentely - ditto
Pav came for ?ú14 million, actually scored quite a few goals (some of which were crucial in us finishing in the CL places a couple of seasons go) and then we sold him for about ?ú8 or ?ú9 million so it wasn't a HUGE loss.

IMO Another notable inclusion would be Ben Thatcher (?ú5 million I think?)

Francis Jeffers to arsenal 12mill? Had the pleasure of telling him in a pub he was the most average player I'd ever seen play for le'arse. Don't know if he even did play did he? Just wanted to wind him up

Pav wouldn't count as a loss at all, and certainly isn't anywhere near our biggest waste of fees, he scored more goals for us than Klinsmann IIRC
Dean Richards while not a bad player, his injury/sickness hurt the effectiveness of his time with Spurs
Rebrov/Bent would sit in the did not live up to the weight of expectation of their fees
Bentley certainly with his 16/17M price, Positga another bad buy

In the PL, Carroll, Kezman, Veron, half of the players Pool bought this season, bunch that went through City/Cheat$ki without seeing real playing time.

Back