• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

if anything I'd say the pressure is less this season, I think their board buy into that whole 4th is a trophy malarky and for the first time in a few years they are gonna get that without having to fight that hard

if anything I'd say the pressure is less this season, I think their board buy into that whole 4th is a trophy malarky and for the first time in a few years they are gonna get that without having to fight that hard

The board have always bought into the whole top 4 = A trophy thing. As long as the cash is rolling in they don't care. I'm not talking about the board, I'm talking about the fans and the pundits.
There really will be NO excuses this season if they bottle a trophy for a 9th (NINETH) season in a row after spending 45M on one player (and especially if they spend similar on Draxler this coming week)

Wenger has signed a contract announcement 2pm Monday

Hey Luda, why don't you live blog All Things **** for GG? I'm sure the mods would give you your own thread and you can post all the videos and inside bits of goss from the Effeminates and London Colney. Keep us up to date on how Theo is recovering, how Thierry is doing, what's up with Manu and Robby P. That would be great!

Hey Luda, why don't you live blog All Things **** for GG? I'm sure the mods would give you your own thread and you can post all the videos and inside bits of goss from the Effeminates and London Colney. Keep us up to date on how Theo is recovering, how Thierry is doing, what's up with Manu and Robby P. That would be great!

=D>

Thought that's what this thread is for. Seems the most active on the forum and has been for a while.

They are our main rivals. It's good to keep an eye on them. I say if you don't wanna read about them then don't open the thread.

I for one keep a look out for what's going on at most clubs and have done for years. Since the days of Fox and Sinton! :)

Arsène Wenger claims Arsenal get 'less rest than any other top team'

• 'I don't live with opinions, I live with facts,' says manager
• Wenger hits back at Chelsea's José Mourinho

Arsene Wenger has hit back at José Mourinho by saying Arsenal do not get an easy ride over fixtures. Mourinho said last week that Arsenal get a certain "influence" when it came to their schedule, something Wenger is eager to refute.

"It is simple – look at the fixtures and analyse it. I trust you will give an objective view," the Arsenal manager said. "You will see Arsenal are behind all the other teams. In the last five years all the objective studies that have been made show Arsenal had less rest than any other team in the top four.

"That is fact. It has nothing to do with my opinion. It is an independent company that made [the study] that shows Arsenal had less rest than any other team in the top level."

It is understood the study Wenger was referring to was internal analysis of Arsenal's fixture programme.

Wenger cited his side's hectic schedule just before Christmas when they played at Emirates Marketing Project on a Saturday lunchtime following a midweek European trip to Napoli, both of which ended in defeat.

Mourinho's comments about Arsenal fixtures came in response to criticism from Wenger about Chelsea's decision to sell Juan Mata to Manchester United.

Wenger insisted the war of words was not part of any mind games on his part, with his team one point ahead of Emirates Marketing Project and two clear of Chelsea going into the midweek Premier League programme. Arsenal travel to Southampton on Tuesday night.

"It is not mind games. It is opinions," Wenger said, "but I don't live with opinions, I live with facts and the facts don't depend on me or Mourinho.

"It is depending on objective analysis. A day is 24 hours and you count how many times you have rest between games. I didn't make the study, it was made by an independent company. I cannot influence that."

The thorny matter of fixture congestion will raise its head again after Arsenal were drawn against Liverpool in the FA Cup, with the tie likely to be selected for live television coverage.

That tie, to be played on the weekend of 15 and 16 February, will come just days before Arsenal's Champions League first-leg match with Bayern Munich at the Emirates Stadium and after vital Premier League games against Liverpool away and Manchester United at home.

Such testing periods have broken Arsenal in the past but Wenger has told his players to absorb the occasion and pressure this time around.

"It is an interesting [FA Cup] draw and a difficult one; we have a little advantage by playing at home," he said. "Overall it's a great difficulty and we will try to absorb it and come out in a positive way.

"[There are] plenty of big games. It means the squad will need to be highly focused, [it is] a massive challenge and we are confident we can do that."

Arsenal head to Southampton with a doubt over Jack Wheelchair's ankle but Mikel Arteta (calf), Aaron Ramsey (thigh) and Thomas Vermaelen (knee) are all back in training, so should all travel.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/27/arsene-wenger-jose-mourinho-arsenal-fixtures

He never ****ing stops does he? Someone needs to tell this **** that fixture pile ups are part of the deal when you're a top team fighting on all fronts. There's a simple solution; just play the kids in the FA Cup and Carling Cup and you're knocked out and free to go for the league and CL, problem solved. Go and ask a fan of a league 2 club if he would swap places with a team that has to play 65 games a year in order to be top of the league and play at some of the most glamorous grounds in European football. It annoys me when we have to play Thursday then Sunday but I wouldn't ever bitch about it to rival supporters.

They have a brutal run after February: Bayern, Spurs away, Chelsea away, Emirates Marketing Project at home then Everton away consecutively :lol:

Last edited:
City have played 36 games
Arsenal are equal with us and United on 34.
Chelsea have played 33.

Considering that ****'s game was on the first day of the season it's impossible for them to have had any less rest. City's started their season two days later and have played two games more.

City have played 36 games
Arsenal are equal with us and United on 34.
Chelsea have played 33.

Considering that ****'s game was on the first day of the season it's impossible for them to have had any less rest. City's started their season two days later and have played two games more.

TBF he was talking about the last five years.
But mathematically it is simply impossible to have less rest with the same amount of games. If you play one day earlier than the others, you have one more rest day before the next game.

TBF he was talking about the last five years.
But mathematically it is simply impossible to have less rest with the same amount of games. If you play one day earlier than the others, you have one more rest day before the next game.

I can't believe they have played more games than Chelsea in the last 5 years.

Chelsea have progressed further in CL almost every season 9last year more games via EL), progressed further in FA Cup and in the League cup. City less in Europe by what 2 games but better in FA/League Cup.

Can't see how the stats add up myself.

Back