• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

I reckon Liverpool thought it was pretty unfair when arshavin scored 4 against them after signing for arsenal in jan (actually it was feb because the gooners got an extension to the deadline in order for them to sign him!). Wenger the guardian of all things fair, unless arsenal get an advantage from it, then it's ok ofcourse!

I reckon Liverpool thought it was pretty unfair when arshavin scored 4 against them after signing for arsenal in jan (actually it was feb because the gooners got an extension to the deadline in order for them to sign him!). Wenger the guardian of all things fair, unless arsenal get an advantage from it, then it's ok ofcourse!

Except that isn't what he is arguing though, is it?

Except that isn't what he is arguing though, is it?

not specifically but there is a slight double standard there, Chelsea won't be playing against Mata this season, likewise whichever teams played arsenal from mid to late Jan that year didn't have to play against Arshavin as they had already played arsenal twice

also, there is nothing stopping arsenal going out and signing someone in that situation, the loophole exists for everyone

surely the length of the injury is irrelevant in this case. walcott was hurt, and he was getting mocked.

Are you saying that fans shouldn't mock opposition players?

I have no issue with what Walcott did. If fans dish it out, they should be prepared to take it back. As long as no one steps into an area that is broadly offensive, I do not see what the issue is.

Spurs should tweet some pics of goals involving Modric and Bale against ARSEnal and see if they chip in with some comments...

Twitter / 101greatgoals: Cesc Fabregas still loves Arsenal, leaves a couple of comments on their Instagram pics! [url]http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/cesc-fabregas-still-really-loves-arsenal-leaves-a-couple-of-comments-on-their-instagram-pics/ … [/URL]
Berj_16CAAAJPXQ.png:small

I don't have an issue with it either but if I was Tim i would put the picture up on the wall when we next meet them, along with the one of the fat bastard and Pires. I would explain in no uncertain terms that they are talking about, and to them directly, disrespecting them. I would ask them to think about one thing that the money they make has brought them that they truly love, it could be a car, security for their family, or the ability to truely make a difference to a charity (ade), I would then explain that the people that have paid for those things for them are the same people that are being c u n t e d off by those arsenal players, and I would ask them to bring those thoughts in to the game.....

Ok sorry about the vid but just pointing out that he seems to be their man man

Hopefully Eriksen will be ours

Also like that janujaz. If united don't make top four and we do we should make a move!

Talking of making a move, why not fcuk off back to Woolwich?

North London is ours.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes Juan Mata's possible move from Chelsea to Manchester United lacks 'fairness'.

It is understood that the Spaniard will move to Old Trafford, with reports suggesting that the Blues have accepted a £40m offer from the Premier League champions.

However, Wenger believes it is unfair that Chelsea are selling Mata to United, particularly as the two clubs have played each other twice in the Premier League this season.

"I am surprised. Juan Mata is a great player and they sell a great player to a direct opponent," Wenger said.

"Chelsea have already played twice against Man United, they could have sold him last week.

"I think if you want to respect the fairness for everybody, this should not happen.

"I can understand completely what Chelsea are doing, and they do not make the rules, but maybe the rules should be a bit more adapted for fairness."

Arsenal, who are two points ahead of third-placed Chelsea, could face Mata when United travel to the Emirates on February 12.

Cloche-fin.

not specifically but there is a slight double standard there, Chelsea won't be playing against Mata this season, likewise whichever teams played arsenal from mid to late Jan that year didn't have to play against Arshavin as they had already played arsenal twice

Thankyou!

to be fair to wenger, he wasnt really blaming chelsea, mourinho, mata or man utd. he was just saying that he feels that the transfer window system is "inefficient/wrong". if you watch the whole press conference, he even goes to say that he understands why mourinho would sell now, and that even he would probably do the same.

to be fair to wenger, he wasnt really blaming chelsea, mourinho, mata or man utd. he was just saying that he feels that the transfer window system is "inefficient/wrong". if you watch the whole press conference, he even goes to say that he understands why mourinho would sell now, and that even he would probably do the same.

Why would you want to do that?!?

ARSENE WENGER has denied that Arsenal have agreed a fee with Schalke for Julian Draxler.

The Gunners have been heavily linked with a move for the 20-year-old since the summer and reports in Germany suggest that a fee has now been agreed.

More specifically, Jan Aage Fjortoft - the ex-footballer turned journalist who was the first to break the news of Mesut Ozil's move to the Emirates - announced that Arsenal had agreed a deal with Schalke for the starlet.

It remains unclear whether Arsenal are supposed to have agreed to meet Draxler's reported £37m release fee or whether another deal has been struck.

Fjortoft was at pains to point out that this does not mean that a transfer is imminent and that there is still plenty to happen before the move can be considered a done deal.

It remains unclear at this stage whether the proposed move relates to the January transfer window or the summer.

Draxler is expected to be out until March with an ankle tendon injury in a setback that could see any move delayed until the end of the season.

It is also not entirely clear whether German forward Lukas Podolski - scorer of two goals against Coventry on Friday evening - would be included in the deal, although there is no mention of a player swap in Fjortoft's reports.

Speaking after the Coventry match Arsene Wenger denied any knowledge of the deal, saying Arsenal were leaving it to other clubs to make the headlines in this transfer window.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/455921/Arsenal-agree-fee-for-Julian-Draxler-but-Arsene-Wenger-denies-move-is-imminent

They wouldn't want to be unfair to other teams and bring in any reinforcements halfway through the season.

Why would Draxler go to Woolwich?

I thought he was rated more highly than that.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk

With all the midfielders they already have, why would they buy another one? Unless one of those midfielders will be sold.

An experienced defender that would be happy to sit on the bench half the time would be more scary from where I'm sitting.

Or a striker who is more lethal than Giroud

I don't have an issue with it either but if I was Tim i would put the picture up on the wall when we next meet them, along with the one of the fat bastard and Pires. I would explain in no uncertain terms that they are talking about, and to them directly, disrespecting them. I would ask them to think about one thing that the money they make has brought them that they truly love, it could be a car, security for their family, or the ability to truely make a difference to a charity (ade), I would then explain that the people that have paid for those things for them are the same people that are being c u n t e d off by those arsenal players, and I would ask them to bring those thoughts in to the game.....

Good post, spot on. You do get the impression a lot of the current squad dont really appreciate the rivalry/hate between the two teams.
I'm sure they know of it, but just dont feel it. Whereas the Arsnal players always seem to. VDV certainly did, I'm sure the likes of Townsend and Bentaleb will 'get it' being locals, but we need them all to.
Much as he was ****ged off by a fair few, Jenas appeared to be able to raise his game for a NLD, in March we could do with a few more like that

Good post, spot on. You do get the impression a lot of the current squad dont really appreciate the rivalry/hate between the two teams.
I'm sure they know of it, but just dont feel it. Whereas the Arsnal players always seem to. VDV certainly did, I'm sure the likes of Townsend and Bentaleb will 'get it' being locals, but we need them all to.
Much as he was ****ged off by a fair few, Jenas appeared to be able to raise his game for a NLD, in March we could do with a few more like that

Not sure Bentaleb could be classed as a local as he only came to this country a couple of years ago and had a trial with Birmingham before joining us.

Back