• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Thanks Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTA

Clint Dempsey
So with the official announcement made, and the other Tim thread descending in to a constant berating of a man who got some good results and had us scoring goals again, I was hoping thread could be just for the positives about his time here.

So let me start by saying that scoring 3 goals or more in 9 games in his half a season in charge is impressive.

Few people (outside of Spurs fans) would have seen the likes of Kane and Bentaleb if he hadn't been put in charge. To a lesser degree, Pritchard and Milos wouldn't have had their debuts either.

For me, the one thing I liked most about him was that he showed more character than many of the players on the pitch when things weren't going well. He looked like he cared, when others looked like they couldnt give a ****. I actually grew to like the guy. I wouldn't have objected if he was given another year.

I wish him well.

I truly do wish him well, and hope he can do good things with a West Brom or a Norwich or a Brighton. I'll be really interested to see how his style works at a club that backs him on a longer term deal.

Thanks timmeh for teaching me the following:

"Guts, Fight & passion"
"shoot from the hip"

and introducing me to a gillet

Sherwood deserves some credit for getting us to beat ManU away for the second year in a row, even if ManU was shyte this season.

Sad that some fans hate the bloke. He tried his best and i believe he learnt a lot about himself.

I liked his take no **** attitude but i believe the right decision has been made.

Good luck Tim

Thanks for giving the youngsters a chance and getting Ade playing well again, I like his will to win and his passion too

I like that he gave the youngsters a chance, hope the new guy can see some value in them too.

Hope he gets his bloody pro license for one, and then we'll see how he does, get a few more miles on the managerial clock.

We should look into what is happening with the academy/development squad to really assess his legacy. Not only should we praise him for the likes of Bentaleb and Kane who have impacted the first team but also the likes of Carroll, Fredericks, Pritchard etc who have been out on loan for which he has been responsible.

As quoted already he clearly cared deeply, whether that was for professional pride or a love of spurs, you know he lost sleep when we played badly.

Good luck to him.

Thanks to Tim for some exciting games with chances and goals.

Thanks to Tim for the results being at the very least acceptable for the second half of the season.

Thanks to Tim for using some of our exciting young players a bit more often.

We should look into what is happening with the academy/development squad to really assess his legacy. Not only should we praise him for the likes of Bentaleb and Kane who have impacted the first team but also the likes of Carroll, Fredericks, Pritchard etc who have been out on loan for which he has been responsible.

As quoted already he clearly cared deeply, whether that was for professional pride or a love of spurs, you know he lost sleep when we played badly.

Good luck to him.

As opposed to hobbling them and keeping them in a cage?

Fair play to him, done a decent job of not letting things fall to pieces. Often made a complete bell-end of himself in the press and done some odd things. But on the whole he done alright.

I do think if he wants to go into management he'll do a decent job somewhere where there is less pressure than at Spurs (watch him take over West Brom and have them finishing above us next year or something else extremely 'sexy' lol).

Sherwood absolutely tried his best, from working with the youngsters, through the senior team. For that, he does deserve some credit.

Personally, I feel he's due a lot more than such basic credit, but I'm fighting a losing (lost) battle.

I expect him to go on and be a successful Premier League manager. He's got the right ideas, but just needs to present them (and himself) with a little more thought.

Thanks for:

* Making us look like an actual goal threat again.
* Getting the best out of Ade.
* Getting the best out of Eriksen and playing him on the left.
* Introducing Benteleb into the first team.
* Giving Kane games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back