1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Tanguy Ndombele

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by JerusalemMan, 2 Jul 2019.

1. parklane1

parklane1 Gary Stevens

A lot of that was down to him wanting a change, what a cheek after giving us all he had for several seasons he had the cheek to want a chance to win something in another country. ;)

2. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

Didn't Poch say something like it will take him two years to be ready for the PL?

3. Robbo

Robbo Frederic Kanoute

That's shocking! He's barely pretending to press. Incredibly frustrating to watch - he's got all the talent in the world, but this...unforgivably poor for a professional athlete with a multi million pound salary.

I have no doubt he has the ability to succeed for us, but this is a worrying sign.

4. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

Don’t remember
    But could be about right

5. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Les Ferdinand

ICYMI

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...d-two-seasons-to-fully-adapt-to-a4270991.html

"We cannot assess him [Ndombele] enough to say he is doing well or not so well," Pochettino said. "For me it’s fantastic the things he adds to the team, I am so happy with him like I am so happy with different players.

"Still for me, when you sign a player, despite the amount you pay, with the profile of Tanguy Ndombele or Giovani Lo Celso or Ryan Sessegnon you need minimum one year and a half, or two years. Look at what happened with Son or Sissoko, they started to perform in year two, year three. That is why when you are so young… today the market is the market, you cannot judge the player because you paid some kind of amount. He played two years in Lyon and moved to England where everything is new, but the quality is there. They need time to show their real quality."

6. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Chris Perry

7. Robbo

Robbo Frederic Kanoute

Sensible words, but at this level a lack of effort really shouldn't be an issue. You don't need time to adapt to a new league before you start tracking back properly.

nayenezgani and Pirate55 like this.
  8. Crab.C.Nesbitt

Crab.C.Nesbitt Stephen Clemence

TBF that was also true when he first signed and was perceived as bottling challenges and not pulling his weight defensively.
    Just a little bit of history repeating!

Last edited: 3 Mar 2020
  9. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Jimmy McCormick

This guy either has some serious health issues (like Lukaku with his undiagnosed digestive condition) or he's a fat, lazy sack of sh*t.

I can forgive a lot, and he's new to the league so I didn't expect anything from him anyway - I still think giving new signings a year without expectations is the best way forward.

But I'll be damned if I'm going to forgive a lack of effort. You are paid metric brick-tons of money to train two hours a day, five times a week, and play two hours on a weekend. Laziness shouldn't enter into the picture - bust your fudging gut, and be happy you're paid to do it while the vast majority of people struggle by on two days' worth of your wages in a year.

I sincerely hope, for his sake, it's something medical. Otherwise, it doesn't bode well for him.

And as for Christian, he ran more in one game than Ndombele has this fudging season.

10. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Nick Barmby

The quality is there but, alas, the desire is not. Where is our Roy Keane to kick him up in the air in training all week reminding him every time that that sort of effort isn’t acceptable at this club?

11. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Paul Robinson

I was thinking last night how much it must impact on the rest of the team seeing Ndombele act like he’s only half interested. If he is really one of our top earners, the other players can’t be impressed and may question their own motivation if they are paid less then someone who barely turns up.

12. Spurs7891

Spurs7891 Dean Austin

Not sure if Ndombele will do well in the PL. He is not only too injury-prone but he doesn't seems to have the right meteorology to succeed in the PL.

13. Craig_J

Craig_J Alan Hutton

He at least exerted more energy into that ‘run’ then Adebayor did during his entire time with us (excluding salutes)

14. scaramanga

scaramanga Vivian Woodward Staff Member

Such a frustrating player.

One of the laziest, greediest pricks ever to grace a football pitch but also gave us one of football's greatest ever moments when he ran the length of the pitch to wind up Arsenal fans.

thfcsteff, glasgowspur, Robbo and 2 others like this.
  15. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Les Ferdinand

Can but hope I live to see the day that Ndombele sprints the length of the pitch!

upload_2020-3-4_19-12-36.gif

Although I’ll be content if he can elicit this sort of response from the Goons at NLD!

upload_2020-3-4_19-11-20.gif

Or at least go Lamela style on those pussies!

upload_2020-3-4_19-17-17.gif

benp and scaramanga like this.
  16. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Chris Perry

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  17. Legohamster

Legohamster Frederic Kanoute

How about you do your own thinking and not fall into lazy stereotyping of the manager?

18. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

Have to say the same spurs fans that moaned all first half online are the ones now moaning that Jose has dug out a player who didn’t pull his significant weight

StephenH likes this.
  19. Robbo

Robbo Frederic Kanoute

Mourinho on Ndombele: "Tanguy has had enough time to be at a different level. A player with this potential and responsibility has to give us more than he is giving us."

20. mjc23

mjc23 Allan Nielsen

'My thinking in the first half was that we didn’t have a midfield,' the Spurs boss said. 'Of course i’m not talking about Skipp as he’s 19-year-old.

'I’m not critical of Skipp at all. Tanguy has had enough time to be at a different level. A player with this potential and responsibility has to give us more than he is giving us.

'I hope he uses every minute on the pitch to improve. There are many fantastic players that in first seasons in new countries they struggle.

'He is a player of great talent but he has to know that he must do much better. He has to know that I can’t keep giving him opportunities to play, because the team is more important that the players.'