• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

The man went to war with his own medical team because his physio ran to treat an injured player. How is it a stereotype?

He was a history of complaining about injured players, publicly slagging off injured players, using press conferences and interviews to turn fans against injured players.

Look at this. It's exact same as whats happening here. Swap NDombele for Shaw or Smalling and Lamela for Blind.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/06/jose-mourinho-manchester-united-players-mentalities

“Smalling doesn’t feel that he can play 400% with his pain, Luke Shaw told me this morning that he was not in the condition to play, so we had to build a defensive line.”

“Daley Blind has some problems but he put himself available to be on the bench and to try to help the team, so the people that are here are people that I trust for a difficult match.”
And?
LUke Shaw is still bang average
Smalling is by all accounts playing really well at Roma...

Last edited:
He IMO was the right signing but it may not work out

He looks alarmingly incapable of covering the ground/area required to perform his midfield role.
Is he a defensive mid or an allrounder or a playmaker?
I really see him as a poor mans, permanently injured Dembele of old. Burnley today were far too physical for him!
I hope you are right but I’m just gobsmack by ineptness especially at £63m:eek:

Last edited:
He looks alarmingly incapable of covering the ground/area required to perform his midfield role.
Is he a defensive mid or an allrounder or a playmaker?
I really see has a poor mans, permanently injured Dembele of old. Burnley today were far too physical for him!
I hope you are right but I’m just gobsmack by ineptness especially at £63m:eek:
IMO he is an all rounder creator
We would need to play a 4-3-3 to get the best out of him currently

Interesting - thanks for those!
Proves you never ever believe what you read in the press ;)
Well I believe it as he tore those teams new ones when he played them and city always buy players who do well vs them in Europe
They don’t always work though like Mendy

Well I believe it as he tore those teams new ones when he played them and city always buy players who do well vs them in Europe
They don’t always work though like Mendy
Good example!
I’m still upset over missing Grealish which is the reverse problem!

Good example!
I’m still upset over missing Grealish which is the reverse problem!
Grealish is a quality player
Again united want him but he plays the same role as Fernandes or Rashford.. so would IMO be an odd signing
For us he could play in the CM if we play a 3
A lot for him depends on relegation

Let's be honest, even before Mourinho started making comments.....

This guy has been an absolute disgrace since arriving basically.

And yes, people will say that he needs time to settle in. I agree. I'm not upset by the performances as such. I'm upset by the total lack of effort he shows when defending, moving around and the fact that he retreats into his shell whenever he's clattered a couple of times. Which ends up becoming a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy because the first thing I'd do if I was an opposition team is make sure we clatter him a few times.

We need to get him a sports psychologist or something. And he needs to buck his ideas up.

And yes, people will say that he needs time to settle in. I agree. I'm not upset by the performances as such. I'm upset by the total lack of effort he shows when defending, moving around and the fact that he retreats into his shell whenever he's clattered a couple of times. Which ends up becoming a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy because the first thing I'd do if I was an opposition team is make sure we clatter him a few times.

We need to get him a sports psychologist or something. And he needs to buck his ideas up.

Mourinho said that we have him on a special training regime in a presser recently.

What I find puzzling is that, whilst he has looked unfit since joining us, his performances earlier in the season were good and he was showing a lot more than he is now.

Mourinho said that we have him on a special training regime in a presser recently.

What I find puzzling is that, whilst he has looked unfit since joining us, his performances earlier in the season were good and he was showing a lot more than he is now.
What performances do you mean?
He barely played, and when he did he never finished a game

What performances do you mean?
He barely played, and when he did he never finished a game

The home game against Southampton is the first one that comes to mind, he was very good against Red Star too. I mentioned his fitness, and agree that has been an issue throughout.

The home game against Southampton is the first one that comes to mind, he was very good against Red Star too. I mentioned his fitness, and agree that has been an issue throughout.
Southampton at home was a great team performance that day
Him and Toby played well

I think it's as easy as this :
We bought the talent. Now we have to make the player, and it's up to the coaching staff and Tanguy himself to make the player we all know is there.

Yes, though the price we paid implied we were getting the player, rather than just the potential. Our fault obviously, but the risk-adjusted price for him would have been considerably lower than we paid

Agreed, its the effort which is the most unacceptable thing. I accept what some others say about his fitness not being up to scratch, but he could at least try. I'd rather have him busting a gut and then needs to come off at HT if he's flat out on his feet due to lack of fitness, rather than him casually strolling around and us having to sub him because we're in effect playing with 10 men

Back