• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, plenty on here will minimise what he said. But that says more about them than Aurier.

He'll fit right in at Chelsea and Liverpool. Not at Spurs

I hope the Home Office turn him down.

Wow.

Strong words and an incredibly judgemental attitude there when it seems the only fact you have to go on is a quote from the French media that has been incorrectly translated into English.

He may well hold some personal views that you or I find distasteful but neither of us can possibly know this - least of all actually judge him on them - when we have never even met him, let alone got to know him.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Plenty of posters feel uncomfortable about this and have said so.

I think that he needs to make statements and show actions that go far further than he has at PSG before I will am happy with this.

I agree with this.

A statement (even if he doesn't mean it) learnt from mistakes, chance for new start would be a good way to start.

I'm on the fence with this, he's clearly a bit of a taco, but I'm sure we have signed worse in the past and will in the future

Rebrov was clearly a massive racist!

Wow.

Strong words and an incredibly judgemental attitude there when it seems the only fact you have to go on is a quote from the French media that has been incorrectly translated into English.

He may well hold some personal views that you or I find distasteful but neither of us can possibly know this - least of all actually judge him on them - when we have never even met him, let alone got to know him.

I don't think that it is unreasonable to expect him to make it clear that he does not hold those views should he join.

I think that everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt and a second chance but the ball will be in his court.

I don't think that it is unreasonable to expect him to make it clear that he does not hold those views should he join.

I think that everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt and a second chance but the ball will be in his court.

That's all fine but there's no benefit of the doubt being shown by some kneejerkers on here right now, regardless of the misrepresented original quote, that was my point.

Some people do throw the word faggot around and they aren't trying to be homophobic, or hate gays, they are just talking out of ignorance. It's getting less common.

Louis CK has an answer for everything:

That's all fine but there's no benefit of the doubt being shown by some kneejerkers on here right now, regardless of the misrepresented original quote, that was my point.

I don't think that there is any knee jerking. Most of the comments have been quite balanced. I know that online discussions tend to end up with two camps at polar opposites but I do not think that is where this thread has been, in the most part. So I think that using terms like kneejerkers is unhelpful.

Whilst consideration should be given to whether the comment was accurately translated, people should also be wary of giving him a free pass on the comments.

Some people do throw the word faggot around and they aren't trying to be homophobic, or hate gays, they are just talking out of ignorance. It's getting less common.

Indeed. You're right, they're ignorant.

I used the term kneejeerk because of the way some posters are forming a strong anti player opinion on this without looking at all the facts already out there.

I'm not advocating giving the guy a free pass but I also wouldn't want the guy hung drawn and quartered over something literally lost in translation.

I used the term kneejeerk because of the way some posters are forming a strong anti player opinion on this without looking at all the facts already out there.

How many people have done that though? I think that most posts have been quite measured. The guy has obviously been a bit of a prick in the past and people, understandably, have some concerns about that. If he wasn't a bit of a prick but had a bad injury record, we'd be discussing that instead.

I guess Poch and the team evaluating Aurier have to decide if he's a prick as a person, or is a prick when he loses his rag. The latter isn't necessarily harmful to the team and just requires a little more maturity.

Given Spurs long-term track record - and Pochettino's recent track record - of fielding players of decent character, I'm pretty comfortable that they have a good read on Aurier's nature. Lloris would know best and, as club captain, would be well aware of what will pass muster amongst Spurs fans.

So, before this thread harrumphifies it's way into looking like a bad day in Parliament, let's have a little faith, eh?

Quote the posts that you disagree with then and explain why. What you've posted is a bit of a straw man.

Milo, really!!? I'm not in school here so no need to act like a teacher!! [emoji3]

I've already quoted one in my first post in here because I personally thought it was a bit harsh and I gave my reasons why then an again in more than one other post. Read them back again if you wish to check.

Milo, really!!? I'm not in school here so no need to act like a teacher!! [emoji3]

I've already quoted one in my first post in here because I personally thought it was a bit harsh and I gave my reasons why then an again in more than one other post. Read them back again if you wish to check.

I have not issues with what you are saying, I just don't like straw man or generalised arguments. The reason I'm on top of this is because I've seen this place fall to pieces for months on end when posters try to divide people into groups and generalise about their views.

I have not issues with what you are saying, I just don't like straw man or generalised arguments. The reason I'm on top of this is because I've seen this place fall to pieces for months on end when posters try to divide people into groups and generalise about their views.

I've been visiting this place long enough to know exactly what you mean and I don't want to get into that sort of discussion either. I just thought that there were a couple of comments unfairly damning Aurier so made a point about it. Sorry if I've unduly rattled your cage.

I've been visiting this place long enough to know exactly what you mean and I don't want to get into that sort of discussion either. I just thought that there were a couple of comments unfairly damning Aurier so made a point about it. Sorry if I've unduly rattled your cage.

You haven't rattled my cage. I just think that it is better to respond to specific post rather than make generalised comments that do not reflect the tone of the conversation.

Given Spurs long-term track record - and Pochettino's recent track record - of fielding players of decent character, I'm pretty comfortable that they have a good read on Aurier's nature. Lloris would know best and, as club captain, would be well aware of what will pass muster amongst Spurs fans.

So, before this thread harrumphifies it's way into looking like a bad day in Parliament, let's have a little faith, eh?

Why? Aurier is Ivorian, not French

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back