• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

plenty of areas to do them. UnusedConference halls etc

yes, but thats still a complicated setup, those conference halls will probably have furloughed all staff, potentially paused site insurance or let H&S certs expire without renewal until they are needed again (not insurmountable problems, but not things that can be done overnight), there are not that many of them relative to how many schools there are either, transport could be an issue for some

yes, but thats still a complicated setup, those conference halls will probably have furloughed all staff, potentially paused site insurance or let H&S certs expire without renewal until they are needed again (not insurmountable problems, but not things that can be done overnight), there are not that many of them relative to how many schools there are either, transport could be an issue for some

All true

but we’ve had months to look at this and come up with a ways around it.

Just think this gov refuses/unable to look outside the box.

Reactions: DTA
The main thing is the Govt have realised Gavin Williamson is over his head and not fit for purpose and rightfully removed him from his post and given it to someone more capable.

That's really positive, and good to see those in charge of the country recognising a mistake and recitifying it. We ultimately need the best people in charge and it's great to see this government swiftly act to ensure that the best people are in the key positions of government as we all suffer otherwise.

Oh... wait...

Ha.
How many references would you like?
I'll just offer this for now...the New Yorker. There are many.
Insert comment here about myopic snobbery.
If you genuinely cannot see the difference between some members of the pharmacutical industry and drug dealers then "not being worth your time" will be doing me a favour.

In fairness, I understood your first point, I just don't agree that it is wholly accurate, though again, I understand that you were making the point that a drug Lord from Peckham is probably not going to be able to mingle smoothly at a private golf club. There are, of course, many ways around that, but we tangent...

..some of the wealthiest and most frequent attendees of private golf clubs are (however) also peddlers in bespoke Savile Row clothing...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ne...0/the-family-that-built-an-empire-of-pain/amp

If you read between the lines of Richard Bransons biography, it is pretty clear his early record stores were dabbling in selling non-vinyl substances! When he got put in prison for some minor unrelated thing, he went fully legit.

Clearly the Exams Hall is a dangerous setting compared to say a Pub.

No it's because in March when exams were cancelled because of an Express moving pandemic there were no viable good options only bad so they canceled them based on no one knowing how long the pandemic was going to last. TBH it was either that or wait for a good option to present itself which was equally a bad option in my opinion.

Asking people not to go to Public till safe when you only need to turn up pay your money and drink is hardly the same analogy

You can sit the exams In October or November should things go back to normal which means a delay but in this current climate the job landscape isn't one that is going to be the norm.

I think there is not a person in the world that isn't frustrated at the pandemic and the options like I said ideally my kids would be at School in 3 weeks and I wouldn't have lost 10s of thousands in earnings and savings but I'm realistic to the situation as are my kids who are in their teens.

The government could do alot better, I didn't agree with the lockdown to begin with but many did, SpurMeUp claimed that the uproar of no lockdown sent us into one, if that's the case then those supporters have to sit tight because the only way out to full normality is a vaccine, you can't have it all ways.

Anytime I turn the news on the world's going backwards country by country with no exceptions

Last edited:
plenty of areas to do them. UnusedConference halls etc
The problem is that you need a different paper for each sitting (or at least each day or two). Otherwise the first ones taking it tell everyone else what's in the paper and then the others have an advantage.

GCSEs would have been near to impossible given the numbers taking them and the number of subjects each student is examined in. A Levels could have been done is each board was asked to produce 3 or so papers.

The problem is that you need a different paper for each sitting (or at least each day or two). Otherwise the first ones taking it tell everyone else what's in the paper and then the others have an advantage.

GCSEs would have been near to impossible given the numbers taking them and the number of subjects each student is examined in. A Levels could have been done is each board was asked to produce 3 or so papers.

Exactly and as mentioned conference staff on furlough, I know it's my industry, many redundant because conference business isn't coming back soon.

Also what people are ignoring is the decision to not hold exams was made at start of an unknown period relating to COVID, basically because no one knew the gravity or length of this, that was the correct decision to make at the time otherwise we wouldn't even have had results and students sat at home for an indefinite period of time wondering if they should study, we only know no, after the facts presented themselves that They MIGHT of managed to get them done. Hindsight again, tremendous

Exactly and as mentioned conference staff on furlough, I know it's my industry, many redundant because conference business isn't coming back soon.

Also what people are ignoring is the decision to not hold exams was made at start of an unknown period relating to COVID, basically because no one knew the gravity or length of this, that was the correct decision to make at the time otherwise we wouldn't even have had results and students sat at home for an indefinite period of time wondering if they should study, we only know no, after the facts presented themselves that They MIGHT of managed to get them done. Hindsight again, tremendous

I agree. Also the final few months of teaching leading up the exams are going to be critical for some and having to take lessons from home has the potential to create even more inequalities than already exist, depending on facilities available in each household. Lack of a laptop, or decent broadband (especially if sharing with parents or siblings also working/studying from home), or insufficient space to spend a few hours taking lessons every day etc. I can't see how sitting exams would have been particularly feasible or fair.

I agree. Also the final few months of teaching leading up the exams are going to be critical for some and having to take lessons from home has the potential to create even more inequalities than already exist, depending on facilities available in each household. Lack of a laptop, or decent broadband (especially if sharing with parents or siblings also working/studying from home), or insufficient space to spend a few hours taking lessons every day etc. I can't see how sitting exams would have been particularly feasible or fair.

Sometimes in a pandemic there are only bad decision to make, its about making the best bad decision

Back