• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. READING - OMT***

Didn't say or imply that you did slate him.

If you wish we can continue this discussion in the tactics thread, or bring it up again as it was discussed somewhere already. Not relying on many long balls would be key though as I have already agreed.

Sorry, read state as slate. The only reason we didn't rely on long balls today was because of Reading sitting off us, against most other sides we usually don't have the ability to play our way out of it so take the easy option of finding Ade. It's not Defoe's fault, any top striker of similar stature would struggle in our team.

Sorry, read state as slate. The only reason we didn't rely on long balls today was because of Reading sitting off us, against most other sides we usually don't have the ability to play our way out of it so take the easy option of finding Ade. It's not Defoe's fault, any top striker of similar stature would struggle in our team.

This is the first time AVB has been able to play Dembele and Sandro together. His use of Hudd today was also interesting. I think today we saw, for the first time, execution of what he really wants to do and with players he wants to do it with. I wonder how much easier the future would've been for him with Moutinho, but nonetheless, I sus[ect we will see a lot more ball on the deck football with those two driving the midfield!

i'm not a defoe hater at all, but i think he should have scored 4 or 5 today, the volley near the end, the wild swipe with his left after good work from bale down the wing, and the chance after he made a lovely take over his shoulder were all tap in's for a top striker

if i was in charge ade would be starting the next game

Because obviously Ade never missed any chances last season. Maybe you are conveniently suffering from amnesia because from what I can remember Ade missed several chances last season.

You may have your wish, AVB may consider starting with Ade against Lazio. Fortunately I expect AVB to start with Defoe next weekend

I'm pleased for Defoe but it means at least one more game of him upfront on his own, it worked today but one swallow a summer does not make.

Maybe it worked because we did not do what we normally do - hoof the ball upfront for our short striker to have to try and win the ball against 2 six foot strikers

Gallas at fault to IMHO he lost the guy crossing the ball. Friedel came out to narrow the angle. He didn't "come for the ball" as you put it.

Too close for a keeper to anticipate a cross, he would have been expecting the RB to deal with a ball like that comfortably

I think Gallas while being the most experienced of our strikers is also the weakest link in my opinon

The system isn't much different at all, either way, more often than not Defoe up top on his own won't work. Maybe if we played sides like Reading every week but unfortunately we don't.

Personally I would have start with Ade ahead of Sigi

Really hope to see Sig hits a purple patch with us, think he could be very good for us. But then he and Dempsey are similar.
Dembele looks very very good.

. I still cannot fathom why Bale or whoever in charge chooses to make arguably the world's best left sider into a very average roaming midfielder.
Agreed. Poor from him again. He is a FANTASTIC player and could have had fun if he had stayed LEFT

They played well. I was busy moaning at Defoe for taking two Reading defenders on by himself and ignoring Dempsey's (I think it was him) run just as he was scoring the third ! Very pleased with the overall performance although I did think we were a bit wasteful at 1-0 up, and was dreading some Reading wondergoal. Someone on here said the other day that AVB needs someone to score a real fluke goal to kickstart the season. I think Bale scored that goal today. Very happy with the three points and the performance, and very pleased for AVB and the players.

I apologise for saying someone is acting like a taco but sometimes you react in that way when a poster continuously badgers you. It gets annoying after a while.

Good thread, I finally got to page 43. Good win but fine margins. Walker handballed it early on after a slight shove. Webb gave us the benefit of the doubt because we are the bigger team. At Old Trafford they get a pen and go on to win the game. Later Gallas won a tackle with 0.5cm of his studs and we escape. At Old Trafford Webb gives a pen for that.

In summary, Sidurdsson was poor, Webb is still a Kant, we played well, AVB knows better than you and Belgium brews very strong beers.

Good performance today totally deserved the points. Horrific horrific ground most plastic
Stadium I've ever visited.

Back