• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City, Sunday 27th October***

I tend to only go to away games, I have a much better time drinking in the away pub then singing is then concourse then into the stands. Love it.. Very tribal.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk 4

Steff, the above is what 'the negative people' are saying as well, no? It is just a matter of typing style.

AVB set us up too cautious, he didn't adapt quickly enough, we had no left side again, it was not entertaining, we got a fortunate penalty.

You say AVB will react to the obvious areas of concern, but he didn't react fully during the game, and he has done the same in several recent games (we have no left side without Rose and play too defensively) so I'm not sure what gives you such belief that AVB will react now, given he hasn't before?

Let's hope he does. I don't think it is a generational thing as you insist, loads of us have been fans for 30 years and want to see the above things changed sooner rather than later.

I hope you're right mate.

I am a MASSIVE AVB fan, you know that, but no-one is beyond discussion for sure. I wasn't necessarily entertained by yesterday but I could see why things were going the way they went. We are a side bedding in with one of the youngest managers in the league. I think some people lack patience and perspective. As for booing at the ground, **** THAT! Sorry mate, never.

Yes mate...30 year (or in my case 40 conscious years as 1-6 yrs old you're just sort of 'there' aren't you?!)...

COYS

I tend to only go to away games, I have a much better time drinking in the away pub then singing is then concourse then into the stands. Love it.. Very tribal.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk 4

Its certainly a far better dayout at Away games. Looking forward to another good sing-song this Sunday, and hopefully a better result than last season

Lucky decision, but to be fair we should have had another penalty erlier.

I was at the game and this is what I thought. Was sitting in West Upper and I swear it was clear as day - looked a STONEWALL pull/grab on Solado's shirt in the area by Paul McShay (is that his name? it was the Ginger sh1t one at the back for them lol). Everyone around me went mental at the ref!! I came out of the ground thinking "we got lucky with the actual penalty but it was justice for that foul on Soldado".

But I haven't seen ANYTHING on the highlights or match reports or even in this thread about it... can anyone else recall this initial incident with Soldado and better yet, have any footage of it??

I thought the ball struck both his arms. The first was an accident, the second (his right arm) not so...

I was at the game and this is what I thought. Was sitting in West Upper and I swear it was clear as day - looked a STONEWALL pull/grab on Solado's shirt in the area by Paul McShay (is that his name? it was the Ginger sh1t one at the back for them lol). Everyone around me went mental at the ref!! I came out of the ground thinking "we got lucky with the actual penalty but it was justice for that foul on Soldado".

But I haven't seen ANYTHING on the highlights or match reports or even in this thread about it... can anyone else recall this initial incident with Soldado and better yet, have any footage of it??

They also had a claim with walker bundling down someone. Looked like it on the river

soldado.jpg

That's the media for you!

Someone wants to tell Bruce about it. But he knows. I genuinely thought it was a make-up call for that awful awful decision. If you aren't going to be given pens for that, then you NEED the luck.

They also had a claim with walker bundling down someone. Looked like it on the river

You know what... the best team always gets the breaks. I never moan about ref decisions. United did not win all their trophies because of ref decisions.

That's the media for you!

Someone wants to tell Bruce about it. But he knows. I genuinely thought it was a make-up call for that awful awful decision. If you aren't going to be given pens for that, then you NEED the luck.

However, while the Walker one did look like it should have been given, I think this is spot on! Unbelievable that's its been airbrushed out of history really.

thanks for all the replies guys, I'm glad I wasn't just imagining this hahaha

It was a very disappointing performance but a good result. This is a valuable 3 points in our battle for the top. It was very curial we won after getting humiliated by West Ham last time. But wish we had put up a better performance and got a bigger win. Until we score the only goal through penalty, felt very down and demotivated seeing us struggling to create any chances. We hardly looked like scoring until we got that penalty. If was a fortunate penalty but it can go a long way in helping us in our top 4 race.

It was another well taken penalty from Soldado. He should be scoring more from open play but atleast he has not wasted any penalties given to him so far. Just wish our midfield will create more chances for him. Was hoping Defoe will come on and get a goal or two but he didn't get any chance at all. It is really strange to note that Defoe is our top scorer with 8 goals now but is yet to score a league goal so far this season. Too bad we couldn't call upon Lamela or even Adebayor. Our lack of goals is really worrying. It might come back to affect us later in the season.

Really disappointed about our midfield. We not only failed to create many chances for our attacks, but we let Hull create too many chances as well. It was really disappointing to see Hudd overshadowing our midfield. In fact, he almost got their equaliser with that late freekick. Maybe we should have never sold him as he could have been very useful for us. Both Sandro and Paulinho had poor games. Paulinho could have done better with the chance in the first half. Sandro for his part made too many mistakes. He was rightly subbed off for Dembele in the second half. But disappointingly Dembele didn't do much when he came on. Also disappointed about the contribution of both Lennon and Townsend. I think Townsend still needs to improve his finishing which lacks accuracy and power now. Eriksen is supposed to be our main creative player but he has not fully done that so far. Again he was poor when he came on for Holtby who was poor as well.

Credit to our defence for keeping another clean sheet. Hull didn't look like scoring but our defence looked solid overall. Apart from the occasional mistakes, we looked like improving as a defensive unit. But too bad the defenders couldn't help much with our attacks especially during corners. Other teams have defenders who could score from corners but unfortunately we rarely do so. Want to see Vertonghen and Dawson become more of a threat during corners.

Despite the poor performance, a win is a win. This win has put us back into the title race. We will have to improve our performance but it is far more important we win in the process. Just hope we will gel as a team as the season progresses.

It is a pity that our poor performance overshadowed a moment in history.
If THFC6061's record is correct, we made history with this win over Hull. This was our first EVER win over Hull at home in the PL/Div1 match. In fact, Soldado's goal is our first ever PL/Div.1 goal against Hull at home. This was only our third PL/Div1 match against Hull at home. We lost 0-1 to them under Ramos in 2008 and drew 0-0 under Redknapp in 2010. So AVB has achieved what Ramos and Redknapp has failed to do before : beat Hull at home in a top division match !

Well done to AVB and Soldado !=D>

Tbh that wasn't shown in the highlights at all but does look pretty bloody bad.:lol:

One thing that was argued again United all the time was how many lucky penaltys they would get. Now, by no means do I believe United always got fair penaltys but a decent argument I always heard is that the extra penaltys they had could be backed up statistically by the extra time they spent in the oppositions penalty box. And I'm sure the same could be said about Tottenham this season.

Look to the positive, not the negative.

I think there was a difference (although I have seen ones like Walker's given).

Soldado was going for the ball and was impeded. Walker's player was stopping and trying to 'draw a foul' something far less obvious than a flat out dive but just as bad IMO. Stopping in front of another player with the express intention of impeding them from getting to the ball is not football. If you then fall over when you feel them trying to get past you - that's not a foul.

Chelsea do it every 2-3 minutes and get them given every time - it's just easy for a referee to give them so they do.

Back