• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

He was very poor from the start yesterday. Gave away some balls and played ridiculously safe passes other times. The goal was the icing on the cake. But he's been excellent this season. Some of his positional play and tackling has been brilliant. Gets a pass for me.

he looked nervous from the start yesterday

Too early to say. He's been a team player and letting Hojberg do what he wants. Hojberg on the other hand has little up side.
I think we'll end up with both Skipp and Hojbjerg in the squad but only one of them on the pitch at the same time. I expect the club will bring in Brozovic in the summer as a first choice midfield deep playmaker.

Tottenham boss Antonio Conte: "It was a really bad defeat for everyone [last week] and I think you can learn a lot in a loss than a win. Today was a good win.

"Today we showed a great desire to win and fight. For sure we can improve and we have a lot of space for improvement in possession.

"We have to continue to improve in many aspects."

On Oliver Skipp: "He has to improve with the ball. Without the ball he works very, very hard. In one month I have seen a lot of improvement from Skippy. He could become a top midfielder but he has to continue to work. He has this will and desire to become a top

Thought he was very good yesterday. Love his composure and consistency on the ball, even under pressure. No doubt Conte is right and he should and will take further steps. So happy for the lad playing regularly and working under Conte now. Perfect for his development.

Real quality in many areas. Starting regularly deep in midfield for us at just 21 years old. Long may it last.

I think some forget it's his first season in the Premier League at any consistent game time. He is picking up his game already and moving up a level.

A very good point and i could not agree more, 21 years of age and is still learning to adapt to a higher standard of play. He could turn out to be a star and reminds me of Perryman when he first broke into our team.

A very good point and i could not agree more, 21 years of age and is still learning to adapt to a higher standard of play. He could turn out to be a star and reminds me of Perryman when he first broke into our team.

I agree, I first saw him as a 17 year old in and u23 game he was one of the most mature players on the field. Like Perryman he was a talker and looked to keep the team shape, a bit more defensive than Perryman but he's not been playing with midfielders like Souness, Mullery and Peters to help. Hes not lacking in confidence and once the team start to knit I expect his game to be more expansive, hes never going to be a goal scorer.

I agree with Conte that he needs to improve on the ball but he is positionally very sound, combative, works hard and senses danger well. Strangely his passing seemed to improve in the second half, I wonder whether he was trying too hard and rushing in the first?

Back