• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Friedel

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
The Tottenham-Saudi Sportswashing Machine match this Saturday will be Friedel's 300th consecutive Premier League appearance, his 25th for Spurs, the most of any player in Premier League history. The first of them was made for Blackburn on 14 August 2004.

The all time record is 375 by Harold Bell for Tranmere Rovers from 1946 to 1955.

Daily Mail did a piece on Friedel early in the season, well worth a read: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2054834/Tottenhams-Brad-Friedel-exclusive-A-Glove-Story.html

I mentioned in the last OOMT that it would be his 299th and nothing extraordinary happened. In fact nobody seemed to notice.

Mr reliable. Makes such a difference knowing we have someone with such class between the sticks.

I think the biggest compliment I can give him is that I never really think about him being there. Just goes about his business.

I think the biggest compliment I can give him is that I never really think about him being there. Just goes about his business.

That's what you want, ultimately, in a club that plays like ours. Someone who keeps their concentration and not make mistakes for 90 minutes because he'll go through large periods doing nothing. But also someone who can make amazing saves.

The best goalkeepers are the ones you don't notice. Dont need the flashy saves because their positioning and control of the defense does most of the work for them.

That being said, Big Bad Brad is a great shot stopper as well.

The way he dealt with gerrards in swinging free kick in the second half, summed up the difference between Friedel and Gomes for me. Bravery, composure and effective.

Good for his clubs but bad for his fellow goalies. Just imagine how the no.2 and no.3 goalies will feel waiting for their chance week in week out. Which is why I am very surprised Gomes is still at Spurs.

That save in the last minutes from Ba was great agility for a 40 year old. He seems like a top top man! Wish he was ours 12 years ago

Gomes is a great character and I still love the guy but I couldn't believe that people were saying he's a better 'keeper than Brad when he came to this club. Yes, in his prime at PSV and in the 09/10 season he was very, very good but he doesn't exude confidence - which is probably the most important thing for the defender in front of him.

Friedel hasn't really had a bad game for us this season. He's put in some very good performances and many above average ones. That's all you really need from a 'keeper - someone who the defenders can trust to cover them and distribute with good accuracy like he does. As we all know his one major flaw is that he sticks to his goal-line a lot for set-pieces, but at least he is consistent in doing so.

Well done Brad, have never doubted your signing. Hopefully you can continue the good form and help along your inevitable successor's transition to our number one.

Agree PLJ, Brad just glides along under the radar, with the occasional world class save. Top class addition, and seems to have a massive influence and understanding at the back.

Back