• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Friedel

I had a pop about him coming for crosses etc earlier in the season, but i believe there is evidence that he has worked on this and the last few games he is more commanding i think.

Credit to a man of 40 wanted to improve.

Spurs site said the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game was his 291st consecutive league game ..

I had a pop about him coming for crosses etc earlier in the season, but i believe there is evidence that he has worked on this and the last few games he is more commanding i think.

Credit to a man of 40 wanted to improve.

do you seriously believe that a man of 40 - who has probably been playing for 25 years or so, suddenly added another facet to his game?

Or do you think that just because you had watched a couple of games, there might be a possibility that your analysis might have been flawed, and that it wasn't actually a failing of his ability, but just yours to recognise them?

I know which one I suspect might have been the issue.

Spurs site said the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game was his 291st consecutive league game ..

You're right. 2004-2011: 38*7=266. Add 25 and you've got 291. Wikipedia has him at 297 (22 January) on his profile and 299 on Premier League Records page. I also read an article written before Villa's last game last season that said 274, but some tossy journo must have updated it later.

Looks like 14 April is the magic day. St. Hotspur Day. Also the day Arsenal will no longer be able to catch us in the league. A most fitting day. Shame we're away at Bolton.

I'm in the minority \o/

Only signings under Redknapp that I've been disappointed about were Defoe and Keane.

The Redknapp signings that i specifically remember the vast majority being dissapointed with is as follows (in no particular order):

Friedel, Kaboul, Parker and Saha. Those four i'd say around 85% were not happy. Then comes Gallas and Keane at around 70%-80% (both for different reasons to the first four).

I don't disagree that we needed strikers, I just didn't rate Defoe. He has improved somewhat since then, but not enough. And Keane was past it. I did enjoy the fact that Liverpool wasted money on him though.

Didn't even remember Chimbonda, but he was just emergency backup. Didn't cost much.

I don't disagree that we needed strikers, I just didn't rate Defoe. He has improved somewhat since then, but not enough. And Keane was past it. I did enjoy the fact that Liverpool wasted money on him though.

Didn't even remember Chimbonda, but he was just emergency backup. Didn't cost much.

TBH I don't think we should have ever sold Defoe, of course he was unhappy, but he's such a useful striker then and now. Keane was a fine signing for the rest of that season, definitely helped us a lot. Just went downhill from there.

If that match is moved to later in the season, the following weekend we're away at QPR.

Back