• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Never Forget This...

Indeed.

I dont know of any other club in the Premiership that has 4 rivals who's fans want to beat us more than any other team.
Arsenal
Chelsea
West Ham
Southampton

I am sure if you asked any fans of those clubs 'If your team only beat one Premiership this season which would you prefer it to be'

It would be us (normally Soton fans would chose Portsmouth, but that's not happening again for a long time). Possibly could even add Watford to that list to.

We would also probably be 2nd choice for City fans and 3rd choice for Liverpool.

I appreciate that all times have a rival(s) that hate them, but we seem to have a multitude!

I'm sure Manure in SAF early days had a fair few: Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project, Everton, Leeds, Arsenal....later Blackburn, Saudi Sportswashing Machine etc

Perhaps that's why they had a 26 year gap between league titles (yes i know ours dwarfs that gap....) and perhaps that is also why when they did finally get the title back because they had such a larger 'hate hurdle' to overcome, once they did they found it easier to re-do it again quickly.

Hopefully a good omen for us...

On reflection I wonder how many of these "fans" actually have ever been to a match? Social media has allowed the solitary village idiot to form an army of ill informed bigots that have a disproportionate impact on society.

On reflection I wonder how many of these "fans" actually have ever been to a match? Social media has allowed the solitary village idiot to form an army of ill informed bigots that have a disproportionate impact on society.

plenty of idiots at games too

A very small number I would say.

You forgot to mentioned those who are taking selfies.

True.

Off topic I know but at the Bournemouth game there were 4 Japanese guys laughing the whole game next to me. Meanwhile, 4 genuine fans couldn't get tickets. Welcome to 2016 I suppose outrageous.

True.

Off topic I know but at the Bournemouth game there were 4 Japanese guys laughing the whole game next to me. Meanwhile, 4 genuine fans couldn't get tickets. Welcome to 2016 I suppose outrageous.

Unfortuately that is what happens when sides become a force, they attract a lot of glory hunters who will disappear when/if we slide away.

Unfortuately that is what happens when sides become a force, they attract a lot of glory hunters who will disappear when/if we slide away.

I know. For all of our glories this season I've fallen out of love with the premier league massively this season and these idiots coming to home games is a big reason why.

True.

I was sat close to Paxton in the East Stand when we played Birmingham in the final game of the season a few seasons back - and people around me turned around and looked at me when I shouted at whatever was going on on the pitch. My friend and I tried to start a song, and people just looked at us in disbelief. Lots of tourists around there (I am one too, admittedly, being Norwegian, but always sing my lungs out when at The Lane), so nothing new, I guess. I think we have to accept that it's part of the big business that is football, it's a big tourist attraction, and will benefit the club financially in the end.

I really do hope we're smart enough to allocate the big stand on the new stadium to die-hard fans though (something like the 1882-movement), otherwise we're going to be doomed like Le Arse are with the Silent Death Star.

I know. For all of our glories this season I've fallen out of love with the premier league massively this season and these idiots coming to home games is a big reason why.

I love Spurs and I always will and I can not do anything about that after all these years, but football as a whole stinks in todays game. Sky, greedy players, bent agents, whinging fans, etc, etc. The best part of the game for me nowadays are the away days with the same mates and having a good laugh.

But as some will probably say I am a old fart and should get with it, so tomorrow I will but a selfie stick, start playing stupid football abacus games, become a serial moaner about all the other teams and almost forgot, become paranoid and start to believe that everyone and their dogs hate us. :)

I was sat close to Paxton in the East Stand when we played Birmingham in the final game of the season a few seasons back - and people around me turned around and looked at me when I shouted at whatever was going on on the pitch. My friend and I tried to start a song, and people just looked at us in disbelief. Lots of tourists around there (I am one too, admittedly, being Norwegian, but always sing my lungs out when at The Lane), so nothing new, I guess. I think we have to accept that it's part of the big business that is football, it's a big tourist attraction, and will benefit the club financially in the end.

I really do hope we're smart enough to allocate the big stand on the new stadium to die-hard fans though (something like the 1882-movement), otherwise we're going to be doomed like Le Arse are with the Silent Death Star.

We need to do something like that yes. I'm just sick of the culture that's being bred in football you know this new age fan. I swear on a match day over 1000 are birds on their phones who've been dragged there by their fellas! fudge off all of ya!! ;)

I love Spurs and I always will and I can not do anything about that after all these years, but football as a whole stinks in todays game. Sky, greedy players, bent agents, whinging fans, etc, etc. The best part of the game for me nowadays are the away days with the same mates and having a good laugh.

But as some will probably say I am a old fart and should get with it, so tomorrow I will but a selfie stick, start playing stupid football abacus games, become a serial moaner about all the other teams and almost forgot, become paranoid and start to believe that everyone and their dogs hate us. :)

Haha very good post.

I almost wish I could go back to the 90's when we were brick.

Ok without wishing to label you an idiot, which you certainly don't come across as on here, can I ask why out of interest?

I'm not comfortable doing so, I'm a grown man with responsibilities, I'm an introvert, I enjoy analysing the shape of the game, that takes concentration, it's not in my character.

I'm not comfortable doing so, I'm a grown man with responsibilities, I'm an introvert, I enjoy analysing the shape of the game, that takes concentration, it's not in my character.

I'm a grown man (overgrown in fact!) with responsibilities too.

I couldn't imagine going to a game and not singing I find it incomprehensible.

If I were Poch, I'd turn the players to the television, to the radio, to the football pages of the major newspapers. All jubilantly live-tweeting Leicester's triumph, all desperately willing us to fail from the first minute onwards. All ready to savagely cheer a team of young, spirited, likeable footballers being beaten by a team of odious c*nts to spin their own narratives, further their own causes, vindicate their own repudiation of their jaded natures.

'GOAL! CHELSEA LEVEL! SPURS THROW IT AWAY! LEICESTER WITHIN TOUCHING DISTANCE! YES, IT *IS* HAPPENING!'

If I were Poch, I'd make them watch it all.

And then I'd tell them to never forget this.

Never forget how the media turned on you.

Never forget how the football world willed you to lose.

Never forget how the officials, referees, opposing players, everyone involved in the professional game...never forget how ready they were to help Leicester over the line, even if it meant ruthlessly f*cking over a young, talented side trying to challenge the Premier League's anointed golden boys.

Never forget.

Sir Alex Ferguson instilled the greatest siege mentality the game had ever seen at Manchester United. Everyone, no matter their motivations, ceased to matter outside Old Trafford and the covenant of United fans, players and staff once the season had begun. The football world could go hang, and not a single thing they tried to do or say would filter through to a team of players who genuinely believed the world was against them, and who went out wanting to do nothing more than coldly, professionally secure the titles and triumphs that mattered to them...and sod the rest of the world. They could go choke on their bitterness for all the players and staff cared. United was what mattered. All else was ephemeral.

Today, the players have an opportunity to embrace that mentality, and I hope Poch makes them imbibe it.

Never forget how a world that praised you three weeks ago eagerly awaited your latest stumble now, so you didn't disturb the season-long narrative.

And learn to tell the world to sod off in return.

I won't forgive or forget the way the English media and the so-called pundits over-hyped Leicester and discredited us in the process. It is disgusting to see them willing Leicester to win the league and us to fail in the process. I am so annoyed with the English media that want England to fail badly in Euro2016 just to tinkle them off !

I won't forgive or forget the way the English media and the so-called pundits over-hyped Leicester and discredited us in the process. It is disgusting to see them willing Leicester to win the league and us to fail in the process. I am so annoyed with the English media that want England to fail badly in Euro2016 just to tinkle them off !
If England do fail then it will be the spurs players fault. Kane and alli in particular will cop it.

Back