• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Musa Yahaya

How did you rate Bale? I do agree, I'm not excited, few make it. But one definitely did.

Wasn't very excited as he came in as a 17 year old left back. Once he scored that FK against the filth I was a bit more excited. After Redknapp pushed him further forward it was clear for all to see his new talent.

How did you rate Bale? I do agree, I'm not excited, few make it. But one definitely did.

Bale had 40 league appearances at Southampton under his belt before he came to us. Second youngest player to play in England at 16 and 275 days, not exactly a speculative signing.

Sooooo.....

Any pics of him in pre-season training? Mention of his name on the OS? Does this guy even exist or is he this season's Jimmy Kong?

IIRC the "he'll be training with Spurs soon" story came from the agent months ago, only for us then to find out that the kid had never joined the club and that his agent was telling porkies. I wouldn't be suprised to find that this is the case again, whereby the club haven't signed him and the agent is just making stuff up.

Seems more and more likely that he's a real player and in deed training with us ;)

http://www.hertsandessexobserver.co.uk/Tottenham-Hotspur-s-new-Iniesta-shining-academy/story-22850076-detail/story.html

NIGERIAN teenage sensation Musa Yahaya is shining in the Tottenham Hotspur academy ranks and has also been training with the main squad.

The Nigerian U-20 midfielder, once labelled as ‘the new Iniesta’ has revealed how life has been going for him after joining the club this summer. He is expected to sign a professional contract next year when he turns 18.

“I am happy that I have been pulling my weight in England,” he told AfricanFootball.com.

“I have so far scored four goals in seven matches and provided many assists playing for the Spurs U-21s.

“I have also been given the chance to train with the main squad.”

Yahaya, who has been compared to Brazil star Neymar, was one of the stand-out performers as Nigeria won the FIFA U17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates last November.

He has since been capped at U-20 level, scoring two goals in a 2015 African Youth Championship qualifier against Tanzania.

Read more at http://www.hertsandessexobserver.co...2850076-detail/story.html#KRPikbVzDBmfDeGq.99

Interesting.. If he's that good it'd be nice to see him on the bench for a Europa game, would be a sign that we're willing to give him what he needs to progress.

True, would be very nice. At 17 I suppose there's a hope and chance he could get some game time.

However, the UEFA (including EL) regulations are a bit different for u21 players than the PL regulations. If a u21 player has been with the club less than two years the player still has to be registered as part of the 25 man squad of players aged and over 21 to be eligible. With our squad size and the fact that we have a couple of u21 players from the PL that will have to be registered for Europe like Ben Davies. (U21 defined as under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences in the PL at least, not entirely sure about EL regulations). At least for our qualifier Eriksen, Lamela and Ben Davies were registered on the A list (over 21). All 3 are listed as u21 players on premierleague.com.

Seems unlikely to me that we will find a place for Yahaya, might be in with a shout in a league cup match though.

Edit: Seems like the premierleague.com site wasn't quite updated, or I looked through an old link or something. At least according to WindyCOYS here (http://windycoys.com/2014/08/25-man-squad-update-2/) the u21 registration for this season's PL is defined as: "players considered ‘under 21′ will have been born on or after 1st January 1993." Means that Eriksen and Lamela will have to be registered for both competitions and the only player that will have to be registered for the EL a-list, but isn't considered under 21 in the PL is Ben Davies as far as I can see. We're still a bit short on squad places, but perhaps Yahaya could be squeezed in depending on our dealings in the last couple of days of the window.

Last edited:
will.
not.
jinx.

Oh come on african! Say what you want to say... Perhaps you'll reverse jinx him!

---------------------------

Had a look and couldn't see his name in any of the match reports for the u21 or u18 league game squads so far this season. I'm gonna try to keep an eye out for him there, guessing he'll have to at least get a run of u21 games before a first team squad becomes possible.

No way he'll play any first team games any time soon.

Wouldn't get a work permit.

We can't even officially sign him yet.

The article is very strange, and I think it's b*******. Scored four goals in seven matches for the U21? Anyone seen him in any squads for our XI in pre season? He did NOT play in the one competetive U21 match we have played. Of course he is a real player, but I very much doubt what's written there.

The article is very strange, and I think it's b*******. Scored four goals in seven matches for the U21? Anyone seen him in any squads for our XI in pre season? He did NOT play in the one competetive U21 match we have played. Of course he is a real player, but I very much doubt what's written there.

I agree I've not seen his name appear on any match reports, is possible that he's played in friendlies and they are reported.

Feeling optimistic about this one then Jimmy?

Like most of us, I guess, all I've seen of him is a couple of youtube videos from the U17 World Cup. He looks a hell of a player judging by those videos......but youtube will do that!

I do actually get quite excited about signing young players with great potential (equally so for our own academy players and graduates!). But then, I was excited about Jonathan Blondel; by Dean Parrett; by John Bostock - and look how they turned out. Next on the list to disappoint? Souleymane Coulibaly........unless he suddenly starts delivering on his early promise.

So I've been given enough examples that I ought to know better than to have high hopes for young players. But where's the fun in being realistic about it?!!

Flying Eagles star Musa Yahaya will feature for Tottenham Hotspur U19s in a tournament in Malaysia later this month.

Yahaya’s manager Babawo Mohammed informed AfricanFootball.com his player has therefore returned to Nigeria to secure an entry visa to Malaysia ahead of the competition.

“Musa is back in Nigeria to get a visa to travel with Spurs for an U19 tournament in Malaysia. He could not get such a visa in London because he is a minor and that was why he returned to Nigeria,” disclosed Babawo.

The U17 World Cup winner has been training at the Spurs Academy for several months and he is expected to sign a professional contract when he is 18 in December 2015.

http://africanfootball.com//news/489540/Musa-Yahaya-for-Malaysia-tourney-with-Spurs

Seemingly confirmation that Yahaya will be in the squad for Nigeria for the u20 African Youth Championship:

http://tribune.com.ng/news/sports/item/25669-ahead-african-u-20-championship-f-eagles-pros-promise-early-arrival

Tottenham Hotspur youngster Musa Yahaya and Chidera Eze from Portuguese club FC Porto have promised to join up with the Flying Eagles squad by the January 15 deadline handed down to them.

“We have been following up on the release of the foreign pros called up for the African Youth Championship and so far the signals have been very encouraging,” said team secretary Auwal Aliyu Ibrahim.

“For instance, Musa Yahaya is off to Malaysia for an invitational tournament with the Spurs youth team and he has called to say he will join us as soon as he returns.

“Chidera Eze has also assured he will come in before the January 15 deadline set by the coach for all overseas-based players to report to the training camp in Kaduna.

Sweden-based Taiwo Awoniyi and Musa Muhammed are so far the only pros now training with the AYC-bound squad.

The other foreign pros called up include Moses Simon, Kingsley Madu, Isaac Success, Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidiebere Nwakali.

The final tournament will be held from March 8 to 22, 2015 in Senegal.

Guessing he will be one of the younger players there. No idea if this kind of thing will be televised or streamed for football nerds around the world...

Oh. And a training camp starting on January 15th for a youth tournament starting on the 8th of March. Seems a bit... Excessive? But I suppose it's an important shop window for the players.

Back