• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Gary Neville managing spurs......

whatever next.....

Milo making an irrational and nonsensical post!

Dubai to stop sounding like yoda???

Gazza's booties to start chatting codsh**

not gonna happen he's a mancunian from down mancunian way from the galaxy of Mancunia....

Nice read. The only problem is that we're not flying under the radar anymore. I was hoping we would make it through Christmas at least before everyone twigged how wonderfully awesome we are. Irreverent relegation fears.
Scoring a brickload of goals and smashing Emirates Marketing Project and making Arsenal look amateur at the emirbricks kind of makes people pay attention.

Gary Neville managing spurs......

whatever next.....

Milo making an irrational and nonsensical post!

Dubai to stop sounding like yoda???

Gazza's booties to start chatting codsh**

not gonna happen he's a mancunian from down mancunian way from the galaxy of Mancunia....

yoda.gif

In all seriousness, it could happen. Our current manager is from...hold on...'Murphy, Santa Fe' (thanks, wiki!).

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino not ruling out possibility of taking England job
  • Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino is 'open' to the idea of one day managing the England national team
  • Across his spells in charge of Southampton and Spurs, the Argentine has managed nine of England's last 17 debutants
  • Pochettino remains committed to his job at White Hart Lane for now but has not ruled himself out for The Three Lions in the future
  • Spurs are flying high in the Premier League and have not lost since the opening day of the season's 1-0 defeat by Manchester United
Mauricio Pochettino has refused to rule out the possibility of one day taking charge of the England team.

The Tottenham manager is adamant his thoughts are only at White Hart Lane over the coming years, but when asked if he would consider England down the line, he said: 'You never know in football. I am always open for the future.'

The Argentine, who has managed nine of England's last 17 debutants, added: 'It is very difficult for me to answer but you never know what will happen in the future.

'If someone had asked me three or four years ago whether I would work in England, I would have said, "Of course not, because I don't speak English". But then the owner of Southampton called me and said he wanted me to manage their team. Now I am here at Tottenham and speaking English.

'But I am very happy here at Tottenham. I enjoy it a lot. I find the people and the chairman have a very good philosophy.'

They are fantasy thoughts for now, but as Pochettino's profile grows, so do his possibilities, which extends to Sunday's huge clash with Chelsea.

It says plenty about the clubs' respective seasons that they stand 10 points apart going into the meeting at White Hart Lane. It says even more about Pochettino that Spurs will start the fixture without the suspicion inside their own dressing room that they will get battered.

That shift in status, from fodder for the big clubs to confident contenders, has arguably been the greatest stride made by Pochettino in his 18 months at Spurs.

The 5-3 demolition of Chelsea on New Year's Day is seen internally at the club as the game when Tottenham made the psychological transition, with the fascination this time round coming from how Spurs, at full speed and unbeaten in 12 in the league, get on against champions in a state of chaos.

Pochettino clearly remembers how distressed Jose Mourinho was in the aftermath of such a heavy defeat and how much his own players fed off the result.

He said: 'It was difficult for Jose because he was very upset and didn't speak after the game. I could understand. It has been like that some games for me.

'Sometimes when you have lost you don't want to speak to anybody. But we have a very good relationship and I am sure we will say hello before the game on Sunday. He was very good to me when I was at Espanyol and he was at Real Madrid.'

He added: 'For Tottenham, it was a very special game. For many players it gave the belief that we can achieve important things. Now our mentality is every time we play we need to show we have the quality to win every game.

'It's too early to say if this will be a special season, but it's true the feeling is very good from the beginning of the season. The way that we play, from last season, we have improved a lot.'

The suspicion lingers that Spurs are hostages to fortune considering their lack of authentic striking options if Harry Kane gets injured. But through Chelsea's incredible shortcomings — seven league defeats and counting — the title has rarely felt so vulnerable to outsiders.

Pochettino's chances, in the short term, will be shaped by how his players recover from the 1-0 win over Qarabag in Azerbaijan on Thursday, which left Spurs with only one day to prepare for Chelsea.

A win this weekend would have a major impact on their efforts to finish in the top four and raise the possibility of something bigger.

Pochettino said: 'We are very ambitious and we need to be realistic too. It is true that always we want more, but we need to move step by step. If we are consistent then maybe we can achieve positive things.'

Tottenham fans have also been advised to arrive at White Hart Lane by 11am on Sunday in order to clear security checks ahead of the midday kick-off against Chelsea.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ot-ruling-possibility-taking-England-job.html

I don't see any relationship with Poch developing English talent and taking the England job. As England manager he won't be able to develop young talent. He'll be dependent on the league managers to do so. If that appeals to him, then the Real or Bayern, or Barca jobs would too, way before the England one.

It doesn't mean anything. English journalists will ask that question of any remotely successful coach as they think being England manager is the ultimate achievement and everyone's dream.

And because they need some quotes from high profile managers to get their opinion across when they next jump on whoever is in charge now.

I suppose it will be foreign manager next when they tire of Hodgson?

I think Pochettino answered just about perfectly. And as always I much prefer our manager being linked to other big jobs rather than there being speculation about when he will get sacked because we're not doing well enough. It will always end up one or the other.

I've no doubt we are going to finish top 4 this season and push for the title.
But are people willing to admit Poch made a mistake this week?
A u21 team losing 5-0 to Qarabag would have left us needing just a point at home to Monaco to qualify.
Its not the end of the world but its annoying just like last season's Fiorentina West Ham Fiorentina Carling Cup Final rotation mess.

A u21 team losing 5-0 to Qarabag would have left us needing just a point at home to Monaco to qualify.
Its not the end of the world but its annoying just like last season's Fiorentina West Ham Fiorentina Carling Cup Final rotation mess.
No he didn't make a mistake. Momentum is crucial and the winning habit is good for a young team. Losing 5-0 has a negative effect on the whole club imo. The Europa league is clearly a tournament that Poch values and good on him. What we need to do is bring in reinforcement s in Jan. I wonder how many fans would get rotation right btw.

I wouldn't say he made a mistake but what is clear: we don't really have much squad depth outside of midfield. Thankfully all the injuries have hit midfield players. We need 1 to 3 more players to have a squad that will last the season and win things. imo.

No he didn't make a mistake. Momentum is crucial and the winning habit is good for a young team. Losing 5-0 has a negative effect on the whole club imo. The Europa league is clearly a tournament that Poch values and good on him. What we need to do is bring in reinforcement s in Jan. I wonder how many fans would get rotation right btw.

I don't see how the entire match squad's (training and preparing for Chelesa in Enfield with Poch) momentum would be affected by Ugo's teenagers losing in Baku that we sent out there expecting to lose.

I wouldn't say he made a mistake but what is clear: we don't really have much squad depth outside of midfield. Thankfully all the injuries have hit midfield players. We need 1 to 3 more players to have a squad that will last the season and win things. imo.

To an extent I agree with you. Its clear that Poch doesn't trust Fazio and Wimmer sufficiently yet whereas, for example, he does trust Trippier and Davies.

Son, Chadli, Lamela, Dembele and Eriksen have all had a reason number of games because of injuries but Poch appears to trust them all in the '3' behind Kane. Where Njie tends to only come on for 15-20 mins at the moment, again presumably Poch doesn't feel he's ready.

So I actually just think its a CF that we need, possibly followed by another senior CB to replace Fazio who it appears that we were trying to sell in the summer. Wimmer is young so I put him in the same bracket as Njie. Main position we need someone is CF

To an extent I agree with you. Its clear that Poch doesn't trust Fazio and Wimmer sufficiently yet whereas, for example, he does trust Trippier and Davies.

Son, Chadli, Lamela, Dembele and Eriksen have all had a reason number of games because of injuries but Poch appears to trust them all in the '3' behind Kane. Where Njie tends to only come on for 15-20 mins at the moment, again presumably Poch doesn't feel he's ready.

So I actually just think its a CF that we need, possibly followed by another senior CB to replace Fazio who it appears that we were trying to sell in the summer. Wimmer is young so I put him in the same bracket as Njie. Main position we need someone is CF

How many managers do chop and change at CB when they have a partnership that is playing well?

That said, I think that we will see one or both of Wimmer or Fazio against Monaco.

err

no

So when you sent out this u21 team you knew the result of the Monaco v Anderlecht game?

Back