• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

If this follows the pattern of our other summer signings, this will get done today.

Can't blame him for liking Bergkamp... superb player. Remember seeing him for Ajax when dutch football highlights were on Ch4 (I think?) and thought he'd be a great signing for Spurs. Went to Inter where it didn't work out and then well, we all know the rest.

I'd be more concerned if he said Roman Pavlyuchenko

Don't actually think there's much wrong with that. Serge mentally switched on is a good player as his numbers prove. It's just he is able to switch between great and rubbish in the same game.

Someone almost as good but mentally more dependable and boring will do us fine.
Have said before Serge isn’t as bad as is often made out on here and there were stats somewhere that showed he created far more assists and chances than he had errors. However if we can get this guy in who has similar ability but is far more reliable then it’s all good. How nice does it look that the two positions we were most concerned about are getting done relatively early....

Goon tweets are a shame but didn’t see anything derogatory about us in there.
The stats show he delivers at the other end. He has a better prem goal return than Lamela and apparently is second to TAA in chances created. This could be a big plus for Kane who had a good return from Trippier’s service.
He plays a lot of games.
He can play left back.
He doesn’t have a track record of mistakes.
His fee could be more or less offset by the KWP sale - we may be keeping Aurier for competition!

*He doesn’t seem to be first choice for Ireland which could be a little bonus too!!

I like the idea that we are keeping Aurier, staying with the asymmetrical full back arrangement, and rotating like in the good old days of Tripps and Walker.

I like the idea that we are keeping Aurier, staying with the asymmetrical full back arrangement, and rotating like in the good old days of Tripps and Walker.

I'd be worried that an Aurier who was in and out of the side would be even more error prone because he wasn't match sharp.

Back