• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

The Wolves owner looks slightly less stupid after today's result, but still a shocker to sack McCarthy after the window, and to top it off, have no one lined up to replace him. I want them to go down, they're a pain in the arse! I'd rather teams stay who we usually beat like Wigan and QPR.

The Wolves owner looks slightly less stupid after today's result, but still a shocker to sack McCarthy after the window, and to top it off, have no one lined up to replace him. I want them to go down, they're a pain in the arse! I'd rather teams stay who we usually beat like Wigan and QPR.

:lol:

If they put the effort in they usually do against us more often they wouldn't be in the brick they currently find themselves...

It must be a bit weird for him as its one thing knowing you werent first choice, but not second, third or even fourth.
I hope the guy does well and puts more effort to playing better football than Mick at least.

O/T Megson Sacked

Wednesday currently in 3rd and just won their derby at the weekend. First Huddersfield, now this. What's wrong with the people in charge of these clubs?

Maybe all the owners of these clubs are masochists? "brick, we're doing quite well, better sack the manager!" Football is bizarre these days.

Yeah I am not a fan of Megson and dont think he is a good manager but he has done well at Wednesday - I think its the Boards that need to be fired. Its actually quite funny in a sad way

Very strange. And as you say similar to the sacking at Huddlersfield which was as ridiculous. Do these clubs ever want to get promoted again?

you've got 4 big clubs (for that division) who all expect automatic promotion and the 2 that don't look like getting it have got rid. simple really.

you've got 4 big clubs (for that division) who all expect automatic promotion and the 2 that don't look like getting it have got rid. simple really.

Granted but a bit of stability and who knows next season? Plus clarks 50 odd unbeaten should've been enough to let him have til the end of the season.

Granted but a bit of stability and who knows next season? Plus clarks 50 odd unbeaten should've been enough to let him have til the end of the season.

Mate forget next season - even this season. Surely there is more chance of getting promotion with a full time Manager i.e. Megson and Clarke than gettin rid of them.

I didnt realise Milan Mandaric was at Wednesday - that explains a few things. These Board and Chairmen etc all have huge ego's and if youre on a one on one against them - they will always win

victim of success?

club gets promoted too early in the plan - running costs go up, board have to pump in more money or club becomes less stable financially and therefore devalues?

its a bit conspiracy theory, but maybe something in it (or have i had too much vodka?)

I heard Megson and Mandric weren't speaking to each other. I had a relationship like with a boss once....until he sacked me.

Wednesday fans not happy about it either as the Megson family have over 50 years association with the club. Some seem to think Dave Jones will be taking over and someone even said this is Mandaric getting back at Megson for leaving Leicester when he was in chrage.

Chairmen see managers they like more than the current man in charge out of a job and they think 'ding! no compensation, better manager, there's noooo downside!'. Shame, Megson was doing a good job, but Mandaric clearly had his heart set on Jones for whatever unfathomable reason.

Jones has been out of a job for a while, granted he may have needed time out after leaving Cardiff but you would think hang on a minute we have more chance of getting promoted with Megson than bedding in a new manager.

I think this was personal and not based on what Megson has done managerial wise.

Wednesday fans not happy about it either as the Megson family have over 50 years association with the club. Some seem to think Dave Jones will be taking over and someone even said this is Mandaric getting back at Megson for leaving Leicester when he was in chrage.

Megson never managed Leicester. I think your referring to Nigel Pearson who left Leicester for Hull City and has not long gone back.

Back