• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lukaku

DHSF

Les Ferdinand
Is there really no way of getting this guy in?

I dont know the history at all between AVB and Lukaku but if Chelscum are gonna bring in a Cavani or a Falcao and already have Torres and Ba then surely Lukaku could be sold. Would Chelscum sell? I dont know depends if Mourinho has a say, id assume he likes AVB, but Lukaku has impressed me.

Whether AVB and Lukaku get on is irrelevant IMO, Chelsea aren't going to sell him to a rival club.

Whether AVB and Lukaku get on is irrelevant IMO, Chelsea aren't going to sell him to a rival club.

Agreed. They'd be more likely to loan him to someone else for the remainder of his contract than let us anywhere near him. They are signing up and not playing promising young players for a reason.

Ah but does it not depend on who has and makes the decision. I did think of that but are Mourinho and AVB not pals? It all depends if they see us as competitors.

Man bricky gave us Ade

What fudges me off is they buy all these Belgians purely so no one else can have them, and them ship them out on loan. Lukaku, Courtois, De Bruyne, all quality players.

What fudges me off is they buy all these Belgians purely so no one else can have them, and them ship them out on loan. Lukaku, Courtois, De Bruyne, all quality players.

Absolutely. They are definitely buying players to stop their rivals signing them.

Ohh yes and that chelsea side will look alright I tell ya.

I don't know about the rest, they look set up to play creative possession football, whilst Mourinho usually plays a very negative style of football.

It'll probably still work, but i'm not sure it'll be ideal.

Not likely, but we should keep our eye on the situation.
Chelsea's trio of upcoming players in Courtois, Chalobah and Lukaku is incredibly exciting.
With the young age of Mata, Hazard and Oscar they'll be a force in years to come. Will be difficult to keep up with them.

Funny that Lukaku was so moany about AVB's supposed treatment of him, then 2 subsequent Chelsea managers also don't play him and he goes out on loan to aid his development.

Perhaps the problem was Lukaku all along. From rising superstar at Anderlecht to just another prospect at Chelsea.

When he came to Chelsea he was too muscular, Chelsea said so at the time. The year out was mostly to do with conditioning and changing his physique, which is why he hardly played. He worked hard with the coaches and followed a diet/training regime, then, when he's more in shape, he goes to WBA. Ta da.

Really nothing wrong with AVB/Chelsea trying to help the lad. Maybe he just didn't appreciate it at the time.

Not that they would sell to Spurs anyway but this 'they didn't get along' story has been rumbling for a while without any real explanation.

Jordy pls.

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

Funny that Lukaku was so moany about AVB's supposed treatment of him, then 2 subsequent Chelsea managers also don't play him and he goes out on loan to aid his development.

Perhaps the problem was Lukaku all along. From rising superstar at Anderlecht to just another prospect at Chelsea.

When he came to Chelsea he was too muscular, Chelsea said so at the time. The year out was mostly to do with conditioning and changing his physique, which is why he hardly played. He worked hard with the coaches and followed a diet/training regime, then, when he's more in shape, he goes to WBA. Ta da.

Really nothing wrong with AVB/Chelsea trying to help the lad. Maybe he just didn't appreciate it at the time.

Not that they would sell to Spurs anyway but this 'they didn't get along' story has been rumbling for a while without any real explanation.
Lukaku told Sport Wereld: 'There is one person that I will never forgive for what he did to me - the previous coach.
'It's not just that. It was also the way he spoke to me and treated me.
'Right from the beginning, it was weird. I could not stand how he was treating me. I received no explanation.
'In training, he put me on the right or left wing. In training matches, I was a substitute with a shirt to keep swapping teams. I really learned nothing!

Turfed out: Andre Villas-Boas became unpopular at Stamford Bridge with players and fans
'I have told the club that too. I understand that he was under pressure, but I was also thinking of myself. I have improved in recent months.'
Villas-Boas has been strongly linked with the vacant Liverpool job.
Lukaku only had a little more game time under caretaker manager Roberto Di Matteo and was not in the squad for Saturday's Champions League triumph.
He was nevertheless delighted with the outcome, saying: 'I could not believe it. I had to think, 'Is this really happening'? European champion... My life has changed and I'm only 19.'

Yes, thanks for that.

How does it relate to what I said about him hardly playing because of his physique? You'll notice he's different now, and in matches he's able to pick the ball up in wide positions instead of jump dealing with hoofs upfield.

Chelsea won't sell him to us. Even supposing they were inclined to part with one of their expensively-recruited young prospects, and even supposing that they were prepared to let said prospect go to a rival....after the way we told them to fudge off when they stuck their grubby claws into Modric, I don't think they'll ever sell us a player again, and I don't think we'll try to buy anyone from Chelsea again. Russian mobsters hold grudges, but so do bald, financially-astute super-villains.

As for Lukaku himself, I'm not sure I'd want him here. We have a good team ethic going, and I'd rather stay clear of prima-donnas who mope and rage when they feel like they're being spoken to in a manner that doesn't reflect their godly status and need for 'respect', and whine when told to play or adapt to a position they don't want to play from. Lukaku turned down a lot of clubs to sign for Chelsea, despite knowing he wouldn't be first choice, and despite knowing that many of the other interested clubs would have gladly made him the spearhead of their attack. And if you put money over playing time at that stage in your career, I'd rather not have you at Spurs, thank you very much.

Yes, thanks for that.

How does it relate to what I said about him hardly playing because of his physique? You'll notice he's different now, and in matches he's able to pick the ball up in wide positions instead of jump dealing with hoofs upfield.
I was replying to the bit where you said they don't get along without any explanation.

Chelsea won't sell him to us. Even supposing they were inclined to part with one of their expensively-recruited young prospects, and even supposing that they were prepared to let said prospect go to a rival....after the way we told them to fudge off when they stuck their grubby claws into Modric, I don't think they'll ever sell us a player again, and I don't think we'll try to buy anyone from Chelsea again. Russian mobsters hold grudges, but so do bald, financially-astute super-villains.

As for Lukaku himself, I'm not sure I'd want him here. We have a good team ethic going, and I'd rather stay clear of prima-donnas who mope and rage when they feel like they're being spoken to in a manner that doesn't reflect their godly status and need for 'respect', and whine when told to play or adapt to a position they don't want to play from. Lukaku turned down a lot of clubs to sign for Chelsea, despite knowing he wouldn't be first choice, and despite knowing that many of the other interested clubs would have gladly made him the spearhead of their attack. And if you put money over playing time at that stage in your career, I'd rather not have you at Spurs, thank you very much.

Well you don't know much about the player then, because that's nothing like Lukaku.

He was well within his rights to say the things he did about AVB, if they didn't plan to use him, they should have loaned him out.

images

Back