• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

The aisles, stairs and concourses were full so there were clearly more fans in the ground than tickets...so again maybe the actions of the organisers reflected the fact too many ticketless turned up?

Possibly. There is plenty of film and first hand accounts of local kids trying to storm the stadium

So what you are saying is Liverpool fans got attacked by the police for no apparent reason?

The problems started long before that. They were being forced through a bottleneck and it was taking hours to get to the stadium. When they got there, there were insufficient gates open to deal with the numbers. Fans were shut out when people tried to jump the fence and force their way in. The police then tear gassed people who had no way of getting away. It was a policing disaster.

I do think that we need to think about how we police these big events after the issues at the Euros final last summer.

The problems started long before that. They were being forced through a bottleneck and it was taking hours to get to the stadium. When they got there, there were insufficient gates open to deal with the numbers. Fans were shut out when people tried to jump the fence and force their way in. The police then tear gassed people who had no way of getting away. It was a policing disaster.

I do think that we need to think about how we police these big events after the issues at the Euros final last summer.

The Euros was the same thing a mixture of fans breaking in and bad organisation, I was there for it.

Fans have to take accountability for this in my opinion, we can't just keep saying it's all on the authorities, it's like blaming ticket inspectors for train capacity because people decide to jump the trains without paying...

Wouldn’t blame Mane for leaving. There’s been constant updates about Salah’s contract the last couple of years and I honestly can’t remember one thing said about his until very recently. And they both end next summer. Seems very strange. Salah’s only about 5-10% better than him in my book and has finished the season much less strongly.

The Euros was the same thing a mixture of fans breaking in and bad organisation, I was there for it.

Fans have to take accountability for this in my opinion, we can't just keep saying it's all on the authorities, it's like blaming ticket inspectors for train capacity because people decide to jump the trains without paying...

Certainly, anyone jumping the fence or storming the games needs to be held accountable. I haven't seen any evidence that this was Liverpool fans last night.

I think that as football fans, we need to be very wary of the authorities trying to blame policing failures on the fans. We have been here before in the 80's. Too many fans accept it because of rivalries with other clubs or prejudice but it could easily be us next time.

Certainly, anyone jumping the fence or storming the games needs to be held accountable. I haven't seen any evidence that this was Liverpool fans last night.

I think that as football fans, we need to be very wary of the authorities trying to blame policing failures on the fans. We have been here before in the 80's. Too many fans accept it because of rivalries with other clubs or prejudice but it could easily be us next time.

It almost was us at Hillsborough the season before the disaster according to friends who were there.

There was quite a bit of footage shown on Spanish tv of Liverpool fans climbing fences to try and get in.

There was quite a bit of footage shown on Spanish tv of Liverpool fans climbing fences to try and get in.

I have seen film of people climbing the fence. I haven't seen any of someone who could clearly be identified as a Liverpool fan. I am not saying that it didn't happen but the first hand accounts that I have read have said that it was mainly locals trying to get in without a ticket.

I can help you there. The architecture and policing was not the same all around the stadium.

I wish that people would take a little while to find out what actually happened rather than displaying their stunning ignorance and prejudice.

All football fans should recognise that bad policing and stewarding is potentially fatally dangerous and that it could be us next time, as it has in the past.
Fans turn up with fake tickets, officials have to filter them.

Officials smartly realise this club has plenty of history of rushing turnstiles and bringing tens of thousands too many fans. So they can't let them get to the gate in huge numbers, only sensible thing is to stem the flow further up.

How many other major events get held at the Stade de France? How many of them have these problems?

Do you think the French police just decided to make victims out of the scousers?

Back