• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I'm happy with the win but not the performance, seems some of you are unable to seperate the two

I can separate the two absolutely. But which team has rocked up to Burnley this season and won "at a canter"?
In fact, when was the last time we did?

Burnley might be bottom, but they're not easy to play against and win 'at a canter'. After last week, i'm more than happy to have this kind of win

I can separate the two absolutely. But which team has rocked up to Burnley this season and won "at a canter"?
In fact, when was the last time we did?

Burnley might be bottom, but they're not easy to play against and win 'at a canter'. After last week, i'm more than happy to have this kind of win

Are you able to seperate playing well with winning at a canter? Because I've never once suggested the latter...

Last edited:
And, as an addendum to my previous point on attacking tactics, I'd suggest that it is actually the defending that still concerns me, despite the clean sheet.

We got away with a win because Harry cleared off the line, but Tarkowski winning that header with such ease concerns me. Wood and Barnes winning out on long balls against Dier and Toby as often as they did concerns me. And the fact that they had more than a few half-chances from knowk-downs concerns me.

Yes, we developed mitigating strategies for all of those- Hugo came off his line more after that near-goal, Woods and Barnes were surrounded by our players to pick up more of their second balls, and in general we dropped deeper to compensate for the space around both of those two when they won their headers. But I think the thing about that sort of mitigation is that it's temporary - a band-aid fix. Eventually, you just need better players you don't need to compensate for -defenders who can win the ball in the air, organize set pieces, and don't have to be covered for.

We still don't have that. If anything, that concerns me more than the attacking, which has been great so far (in the main). We'll get away with it more often than not, but unless this is one of those 'off' years, you really need to be perfect to win the league, and those weaknesses concern me. So, again, scoreline doesn't mean much.

And, as an addendum to my previous point on attacking tactics, I'd suggest that it is actually the defending that still concerns me, despite the clean sheet.

We got away with a win because Harry cleared off the line, but Tarkowski winning that header with such ease concerns me. Wood and Barnes winning out on long balls against Dier and Toby as often as they did concerns me. And the fact that they had more than a few half-chances from knowk-downs concerns me.

Yes, we developed mitigating strategies for all of those- Hugo came off his line more after that near-goal, Woods and Barnes were surrounded by our players to pick up more of their second balls, and in general we dropped deeper to compensate for the space around both of those two when they won their headers. But I think the thing about that sort of mitigation is that it's temporary - a band-aid fix. Eventually, you just need better players you don't need to compensate for -defenders who can win the ball in the air, organize set pieces, and don't have to be covered for.

We still don't have that. If anything, that concerns me more than the attacking, which has been great so far (in the main). We'll get away with it more often than not, but unless this is one of those 'off' years, you really need to be perfect to win the league, and those weaknesses concern me. So, again, scoreline doesn't mean much.

Their attackers didn’t win many duels
It may have felt like it but in reality we deal with their long balls really well

Their attackers didn’t win many duels
It may have felt like it but in reality we deal with their long balls really well

Dont go on feelings mate, stick to stats. We lost on the G thingamy x whatever. Give it a few years and all games will be decided on stats. I was told that most ball games were about angles but we are now following the American addiction to numbers and stats, sooner we get rid of the players the better.

Dont go on feelings mate, stick to stats. We lost on the G thingamy x whatever. Give it a few years and all games will be decided on stats. I was told that most ball games were about angles but we are now following the American addiction to numbers and stats, sooner we get rid of the players the better.
I get how people watch games and see them in a certain way
I once brought up several of winks passing maps from games and someone still argues he watched the games and winks didn’t pass forward. It’s as if OPTA have an agenda to make players look better

But I do men’s that on a serious note. People see what they see and we all see games differently

I'm happy with the win but not the performance, seems some of you are unable to seperate the two
I can quite easily separate the two and was happy with both thank you very much.

Why? Because Burnley made it very difficult for us to play our own game by throwing themselves at us whenever we were in possession. Its seldom easy for top teams to overcome the kind of frenzied pressing they threw at us. I was relieved that we just about managed to match them for effort and commitment and that we sustained it right through until the final whistle, something Tottenham teams have often been criticised for failing to do in the past.

Dr. Steven Novella said:
Our memories are not an accurate recording of the past. They are constructed from imperfect perception filtered through our beliefs and biases, and then over time they morph and merge. Our memories serve more to support our beliefs rather than inform them.

Was it our best performance of the season? no of course not but we did enough to win. Sadly there are still some anti Jose fans around who will moan about winning 3 points. Sad really.

I agree some people seem to think that things are always either Mourinho or Levy's fault.

I always blamed Poch and his coaching staff for our corner inadequacy. I wonder if last night's goal from a corner was a training ground exercise? It certainly looked well worked. Would be good if we could score more from corners under Mourinho.

I agree some people seem to think that things are always either Mourinho or Levy's fault.

I always blamed Poch and his coaching staff for our corner inadequacy. I wonder if last night's goal from a corner was a training ground exercise? It certainly looked well worked. Would be good if we could score more from corners under Mourinho.
Looked it but Kane pretty much said no in his interview

Back